Went back for our 4th visit as this hotel had always stood out as a particularly excellent one but overall this time it was not quite as good as we had experienced previously . Of course the location is second to none but in many ways it has become a little more average . The service was mixed ranging from excellent from the housekeeping staff but while some of the front desk staff were excellent others definitely were not!
The breakfasts are excellent with so much choice and great service , this time we decided to try out Peppers restaurant for an evening meal but the atmosphere was not great and the food just ok , not as you'd expect from a 5 star hotel.I would definitely stick to eating out at one of the marina restaurants instead ( Mayflower is good , and Don Alfonso's just off the marina is superb - food and service are both excellent even if the location isn't .). Room service which we used on one occasion was very good and not overly expensive.
The rooms are great - we again made sure we had booked a refurbished room overlooking the marina which had some new touches like an ihome media unit along with the flat screen tv and great coffee making facilities but are generally more 4 star than 5.Try and avoid a room near the lift though as we were woken several times most nights in to the early hours with people returning from a night out and making their way to their rooms.
Overall still a great break but we'd say its a good 4star and we'd probably return sometime .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve