Just returned from a week in Vilamoura where we stayed in the Parque Mourabel Apts. The studio was spacious,clean and had a lovely view of the gardens . The drawbacks were that we couldn't get in our apartment till 4 o'clock on the day of arrival and there was no air con, only two fans which was unfortunate because the temperatures reached 40 degrees. Phew! The pool was better than we expected but it was very difficult to get a sun lounger. The bar's drink selection was limited but it wasn't a problem because Parky's bar was only a 5 minute walk away and was a good place to end the night as there was usually some kind of entertainment on (Elvis was quite good). The area around the apartments was clean and well looked after.Our biggest problem was transport. Both the beach and the Marina were about a 30 minute walk away, which is nothing to us as we walk in Derbyshire, but in that heat it nearly killed us. All i can say is thank goodness for the little choo choo that goes round and round the resort it was a God send and because the resort was so busy people were waiting sometimes up to 2 hours for taxis both day and night.
The train picked up at our apartment on the half hour, got to the beach in about 10 minutes. It took about 20 minutes to get to the marina. It went through the old village on the way home (which has a few bars and restaurants and is quite pretty) and finally back to the parque Mourabel, overall an hours journey. It was 2 euros a trip or if you paid 5 euros each you could go on it all day and night, the drivers were friendly as well.
We ate in the marina at a place called The Old Navy, the service and food were excellent and we thought it would cost a bomb but for what we had it worked out about the same as here. In the square behind, The O Colonial restaurant was another lovely place to eat. Drinks were quite reasonable everywhere especially if it was happy hour. Overall had a good time but don't think August is the best time for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Vilamoura at 2 Km from the Marina and Falesia Beach, the Mourabel apartments have a modern decoration, with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette, operating like an Aparthotel offering full hotel services such as cleaning and others like a normal hotel including service in Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks in our Restaurant. Guests can use for free the 3 pools and Tennis Court from the complex. Live Music in our Lobby Bar 4 to 6 times a week. Tree free daily transfers from the hotel to Vilamoura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Parque Mourabel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parque Mourabel Apartments Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Parque Mourabel Apartments Hotel Vilamoura
- Parque Mourabel Vilamoura