This was recommended to us by the travel agent, I don't truly think she has ever been there and valuable lesson not to be taken in by the chat!!! Positives were the staff at reception were helpful and friendly, there are 2 little motor trains which transport between the camp site and vilamoura centre, usually about every 1/2 hour. Plenty of sun loungers around the pool, nicely kept garden areas. Negatives..... room very dated, ants everywhere which meant eating within the apartment was simply not viable, beds really itchy - sure there were bed bugs, sheets changed but the ones changed to were stained, rooms dated - I know I have already said this but they were horrid, not just the furniture but the bathroom grouting, the bedding, the tv, urgh urgh urgh.
The apartments are situated quite nicely into 'blocks' (we referred to this as our 'cell block') it was quite quiet other than a couple of nights with people arriving or leaving very early/late. Good solid front door. They are well equipped but the ant problem we had meant we did not eat anything in the apartment.
We hired bikes which were dropped off at the apartment for 3 days, absolute bargain, great cycling around vilamoura with loads of cycle routes. Head down to the marina, its about a half hour stroll from the apartments, quite a nice walk through the assault course area ad seemingly very safe.
Worth checking out the steakhouse restaurant, lamparo italian restaurant and the ice cream bar (cant remember the name of this but it has a large luminous ice cream cone outside) much nicer than the Hagen daes shop. Very worth mentioning is the ticket office situated next to the Santander bank, one of the girls in there was so helpful, told us truthfully when she thought we would be wasting money on trips we had already covered with something else.
Vilamoura itself is beautiful but this hotel ........ no not good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Vilamoura at 2 Km from the Marina and Falesia Beach, the Mourabel apartments have a modern decoration, with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette, operating like an Aparthotel offering full hotel services such as cleaning and others like a normal hotel including service in Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks in our Restaurant. Guests can use for free the 3 pools and Tennis Court from the complex. Live Music in our Lobby Bar 4 to 6 times a week. Tree free daily transfers from the hotel to Vilamoura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parque Mourabel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parque Mourabel Apartments Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Parque Mourabel Apartments Hotel Vilamoura
- Parque Mourabel Vilamoura