As a teenager, I first stayed at Prado Villas way back in 1992 with my parents and brother. It wasn't until mentioning our forthcoming holiday to my mother that she recalled it was the same place we'd stayed, just under 21 years later!
The 18-unit complex is located in a very quiet part of Vilamoura, backing on to the Old Golf Course on its north side and several private villas to the south. The huge, kidney-shaped pool sits roughly in the middle, cut into the hillside, with a reception area nearby. The villas are split into six groups of three units, each with their own parking areas, and ours was villa 3, "Goivo".
It was in very clean condition but somewhat dated inside. The kitchen cupboards and tiles are probably the originals, and there was an old-style CRT television, so if you're looking for the latest contemporary villa interior this may not be for you. Outside some of the white wall paint had stained and the wooden crossmember over the patio needed a lick of paint too. That said, this gave the villas a simple charm and they have all you need.
Facilities overall are limited but the pool more than makes up for it. Although most of the units were occupied during our stay, it was never truly busy and we used every day with our two sons (who loved it).
Perhaps the best thing about Prado Villas is the value. We got an excellent deal with Expedia, which undercut an apartment at Vila Sol, where we'd stayed twice previously, by more than half. It's not the most modern complex in the world, but you just can't ignore it at these prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado Villas is a small, private development of 18 well appointed two bedroom linked villas, ideal for those seeking a self catering holiday in Vilamoura. The villas are set out in extensive grounds, with the communal swimming pool (unheated) and its large terrace area at the heart of the complex and framed by landscaped gardens. With only 18 villas, guests are ensured that their stay will be quiet, relaxed and free from the noise and disruptions of larger resorts. Located at the end of a cul de sac and bordering the 13th Fairway of the Old Course the tranquility of Prado Villas is retained even in the busier summer months. Each villa offers:•2 spacious bedrooms with twin beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers•One en suite shower room and a separate bathroom with a bath/shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating•A private sun terrace through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•Satellite TV•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Our friendly reception team will endeavour to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and are able to assist with all requests including:•Booking airport transfers•Booking taxis, car hire and bicycle hire•Booking of green fees across the Algarve with up to a 30% discount•Organisation of excursions•Local information, advice and assistance. Within walking distance or a short drive away:•Falesia Beach and the Marina (Central Vilamoura)•Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna & Millennium Golf Courses•Brown’s Sports & Leisure Centre (promotional rates available)•Health Spa•Family Golf Park (Mini Golf)•Lawn Bowling•Horse riding•Nature Reserve•Water Sports & boat trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Prado Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Villas Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Resort Vilamoura
- Prado Villas Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve