We stayed at the PradoVillas in September with our teenage daughter and her boyfriend.
We chose this accommodation as a cheap four-person base in Vilamoura for which, I suppose, it was ideal. The villas themselves are not that attractive but the grounds and pool are pleasant and they are located in a good residential area near The Old Village. They are notoriously difficult to find and in the end we resorted to stopping by one of the A-Z map signs beside the road and using a camera phone to provide a map.
Check in was easy enough although you need to tell them in advance if you are arriving outside office hours. I think they overstated the personal safety speech though. It left us feeling anxious about our safety, not helped by the flimsy security shutters and quietness of the area at night.
The inside of the villas are best described as clean but basic. The kitchen was in desperate need of a refurb and we had to share it with the local ant population.
I thought the lack of TV remote would be a problem until I realised there were only a few Portuguese stations with abysmal reception. Our main frustration though was the lack of aircon. The villas stayed cool during the day thanks to thick walls but at night it was stifling. If we had stayed any longer we would have bought fans from the supermarket.
The walk to the marina took us 25 minutes and was actually quite a pleasant stroll. The beach would take about another 10 minutes. We always got a taxi back at night because the area is so quiet. The taxi fare was always less than 5 euros.
So, yes, the villas are cheap but I would have paid a bit more for aircon (or even just a couple of fans) and satellite TV that actually worked.
The villas won’t suit everyone and you need to be sure that you want a quiet, basic villa, 25 minutes from the marina before you book here. The pictures should help you decide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado Villas is a small, private development of 18 well appointed two bedroom linked villas, ideal for those seeking a self catering holiday in Vilamoura. The villas are set out in extensive grounds, with the communal swimming pool (unheated) and its large terrace area at the heart of the complex and framed by landscaped gardens. With only 18 villas, guests are ensured that their stay will be quiet, relaxed and free from the noise and disruptions of larger resorts. Located at the end of a cul de sac and bordering the 13th Fairway of the Old Course the tranquility of Prado Villas is retained even in the busier summer months. Each villa offers:•2 spacious bedrooms with twin beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers•One en suite shower room and a separate bathroom with a bath/shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating•A private sun terrace through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•Satellite TV•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Our friendly reception team will endeavour to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and are able to assist with all requests including:•Booking airport transfers•Booking taxis, car hire and bicycle hire•Booking of green fees across the Algarve with up to a 30% discount•Organisation of excursions•Local information, advice and assistance. Within walking distance or a short drive away:•Falesia Beach and the Marina (Central Vilamoura)•Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna & Millennium Golf Courses•Brown’s Sports & Leisure Centre (promotional rates available)•Health Spa•Family Golf Park (Mini Golf)•Lawn Bowling•Horse riding•Nature Reserve•Water Sports & boat trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prado Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Villas Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Resort Vilamoura
- Prado Villas Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve