This is a fantastic hotel, but somewhat remote. Granted we were there in May and the hotel shuttle bus was not operating, but this is the only negative point. There is a supermarket and a couple of restaurants 15 minute walk away, which was good exercise.
The staff went out of their way to be helpful and nothing was too much bother. I have read a few criticisms about the food but we found it to be of the highest quality, my tip would be to go for the three night meal deal. We were on bed and breakfast but ate in the restaurant for dinner on 4 occasions it was that good. The meal deal was 27 Euro per person, 3 courses and as much wine as you drink. As for the food, it was very very tasty.
We had a garden villa and the room was of the highest order, especially the massive bed. The hotel was clean as where the pools.
One bad point was the drinks prices in the pool bar, yet the wine was a very good price in the main bar inside.
Other than we would recommend this hotel to anyone, but hire a car, more so to see the rest of this lovely country and people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Vila Sol is located 5 minutes from Vilamoura and a 10 minutes ride to Marina de Vilamoura and the beaches. It has a 27 hole golf course, extensive green areas, fountains and small lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf And Resort Hotel
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Vila Sol Hotel
- Vila Sol Resort
- Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve