To set this up, i have a place in Vila Sol and needed an overnight as someone was staying at mine so chose the Pestana. I have been in the hotel many, many times but this was my first overnight.
The hotel is billed as 5 star but it doesnt come anywhere near 5 star in my opinion. Its very quiet, the front views of a dirty "lake" are not great and the rooms are a little tired.
I have to comment on the service though. Due to the hire car having no boot lid cover, i had to take 3 cases in to the hotel. The 2 chaps on the front desk couldnt have been nicer and check in was a pleasure. They had my cases up at the room in minutes and the next morning, after a call, they were up, down and packed into my waiting car. The bartender was also excellent. Made everybody in the bar feel very welcome and a lot of personal touches which always makes an experience.
I cant really comment much more on the rooms but to help you understand my scoring.
The rooms got 3/5
The service got 5/5
I only paid £75 a night and i certainly wouldnt pay anymore.
PS - I didnt venture to the pool area which to be fair always looks beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Vila Sol is located 5 minutes from Vilamoura and a 10 minutes ride to Marina de Vilamoura and the beaches. It has a 27 hole golf course, extensive green areas, fountains and small lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf And Resort Hotel
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Vila Sol Hotel
- Vila Sol Resort
- Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve