“Everybody must visit Once when in the Algarve” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura

Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Trimingham, United Kingdom
“Everybody must visit Once when in the Algarve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a Hotel to go to, this has to be one of the best hotels to stay when in the area, but then it is PESTANA and no need to say any more. All of the staff are brilliant, nothing is a problem and I mean nothing. Rooms are superb irrespective of which level you decide on and the service at reception, bar, restaurant, club house, it does not matter, whoever you come in contact with, they have all been to the same training school and clients,guests,customers however you tag us are all given their first class support the team are all lead currently Joao Rocha Neves and what a man.
It does not matter what class of room/villa you choose because the service is no different, just !st Class, your accomodation really depends on how much you want to spend. Thank you for making our 2weeks memorable we will be back next year to repeat it all again.

Room Tip: It does not matter, just decided how much you can afford, yes the rooms get better but the basic is...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank delboy422

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely as non golfers I'd recommend it if you want to have a relaxing holiday. The staff are very helpful & the place is spotless. It's very remote nothing in walking distance so It's 10 euro in a taxi to town or the beach the hotel provided 3 shuttles per day. I'd recommend the hotel highly.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Theseasidegirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Myself and two special girl friends went to Pestana Vila Sol Hotel to celebrate our special birthdays. On arrival at the Hotel we were originally booked into rooms within the main building but one of my friends had been at the Hotel before and enquired about garden rooms and whether they were available. We were rebooked into one of these rooms each without any problem. The rooms were perfect for us, just a short walk to the pool, not far to the main block of the Hotel and with our own patios and sun beds overlooking the pond. All the staff in the Hotel could not have been nicer or more helpful, efficient and friendly. I found my bed too hard for my painful shoulders. When I came back to my room a couple of hours later I found Housekeeping had put a couple of duvets under the sheet for me.
The food was good in the Restaurant with a two course meal costing 16 Euros which was good value considering the quantity and quality of the food. The choice on the A La Carte Menu was also lovely and reasonably priced. There was a good selection at the breakfast buffet.
We played golf while there and the three linked 9 hole courses gave a good, challenging variety.
All in all it was a very successful visit for us and we would definitely go back.
It's not the venue if you want to live the nightlife as with most Hotels with their own golf courses it is out in the open country. A hire car would be needed if you wanted to sight see further.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not being in the main block of the Hotel a garden room is lovely as you have y...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynne16Wallace
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

To set this up, i have a place in Vila Sol and needed an overnight as someone was staying at mine so chose the Pestana. I have been in the hotel many, many times but this was my first overnight.

The hotel is billed as 5 star but it doesnt come anywhere near 5 star in my opinion. Its very quiet, the front views of a dirty "lake" are not great and the rooms are a little tired.

I have to comment on the service though. Due to the hire car having no boot lid cover, i had to take 3 cases in to the hotel. The 2 chaps on the front desk couldnt have been nicer and check in was a pleasure. They had my cases up at the room in minutes and the next morning, after a call, they were up, down and packed into my waiting car. The bartender was also excellent. Made everybody in the bar feel very welcome and a lot of personal touches which always makes an experience.

I cant really comment much more on the rooms but to help you understand my scoring.

The rooms got 3/5
The service got 5/5

Overall 4/5

I only paid £75 a night and i certainly wouldnt pay anymore.

PS - I didnt venture to the pool area which to be fair always looks beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank leedylan1998
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in a superior garden room at this Hotel, having stayed at other Pestana Hotels with satisfaction. This in my opinion is not a five star Hotel. The rooms are some two hundred yards from the main Hotel, with no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Meaning you have a long walk to the restaurant, our room was left unlocked while we were out. The restaurant staff were unfriendly, and on occasions unhelpful. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ideal for Golfers, not families or couples.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

my wife and I stayed here in late may for 4 nights. we arrived very late as our flight was delayed. we were shown to our room which was a twin room though we had booked a double. we rang and asked to change but unfortunately there was no other room available that night but we were assured that this would be sorted the following morning, which it was with a smile. very nice room, giant king sized bed, big balcony with loungers with a lovely view over the golf course. breakfast was good, plenty of everything you might want. we made full use of the facilities which are all very conveniently located. we played tennis, ping pong and just chilled out by the pool which was very nice. one niggle I had was the sun loungers. they are not very comfortable to be honest and could do with some cushions to relax on. the hotel bar has no atmosphere, it's really just an extension of the lobby and a bit anonymous really. if you do stay here, you really need a car as it's a bit out of vilamoura. at night we took taxis for about €9 one way which I didn't mind paying cos for a similar standard of hotel in the town it was nearly twice the price so you should save a lot on the cost of the hotel to make up for that. the resort is really great, staff could not be more helpful, and I loved the grounds and the setting on the golf course. 5 stars from me!!

Room Tip: book the cheapest room which is a classic double. they are all on the top floor with the best views...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davidc1981
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Having just returned to this resort , we went with Monach , but I do not want anyone who thinks it would be a luxurious break to be let down the way my daughter and I were.
If you play golf then fine , breakfast ok 3 star grounds very grand , pool as the picture the showers don't work and the tray you walk through id dirty , rooms 3/4 we had the company of ants and flys all over the bath and sinks on our return from the worst meal I have every had anywhere never mind a 5 star hotel , menu was
Starters. Fish soup, Or 3 pineapple cubes wrapped in ham, Or prawn cocktail .
Main , Salmon with rice Or chicken leg with veg. Or pasta.
Dessert, Tinned fruit cocktail& ice cream. A plate of fruit. Or cheese and biscuits .

My daughter and I had the pineapple , the ham was hard to eat we managed the cubes of pineapple ,
For our main we had Chicken legs , that was 5 mini chicken drumsticks 2 pieces of frozen broccoli , and a spoon of dry potatoes, when I managed to cut in the dried up chicken they were still bloody .
As you can imagine we did not eat anything else , they offer the 1st & 3trd choice but by this time we had had enough and left
We complained to the manager next day but did nothing .
Luckily for us our travel company where great and made it possible to go in villamoura for our last 3 nights to get a really 5star meal .
There are other thing but enough said so Thomsons please don't send anyone there out of season
Because 5star it is not and it cost you 10 euros each way in villamoura for us it was worth the extra taxi fares . If you want real 5 star the crown plaza is just that . Good luck to any one booked in there , that are not golfers

Room Tip: We had to be moved from room 1005 at 10.30 pm because of the amount of ants and flys , it was a ok r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family