Lovely hotel in gorgeous surroundings only a 10 minute walk to the marina.We were really surprised at how many under 5s were in the hotel. As a middle aged couple we were expecting a quiet hotel , somewhere we could chill out and get away from the stress of our busy lives. I'm sorry to say that our peace was often shattered by screaming and crying youngsters at all times of the day and night. Our room was on the ground floor and our balcony opened up onto a grassed area near to the Fusion Restaurant . When in the room on an evening we liked to leave the door open but had to close it in the end as we couldn't hear ourselves think for the children screaming outside . I'm not blaming the children or the hotel but just point this out for the benefit of any older persons who may find this issue off putting.
There was also a problem with the housekeeping. After a few days we did complain as our room still hadn't been cleaned at 4pm.
There was an evening turn down service which was a bit of a joke as it was usually done just after it had been cleaned and it seemed strange coming in around 5pm to find the turn down , curtains closed and lamps on. The downside to this was that if we wanted a shower in the morning there were no clean towels as the ones left were used the evening before, Not sure why the turndown was so early. In my experience it is usually done about 8 or 9pm . Never this early !!
Breakfast was lovely with lots of choice. Only ate at the pool bar once and it was average and lukewarm
Watch your bill on check out as they tried to charge us for drinks from our mini bar which we had never had and I overheard them doing the same to a fellow guest.
Would I return ? ..... Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Star luxury resort with 192 rooms offering private balconies, with panoramic views over the marina of Vilamoura, Falésia beach or the private lake. Sports and leisure facilities include extensive gardens, three restaurants, two bars, a Spa with an indoor treatment pool and a Fitness Centre. It also has three outdoor pools, one of which has a natural sand bottom (the first in Europe), Koala Kids Club, Library, Boutique and free covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue And Green The Lake Spa Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Resort Vilamoura
- The Lake Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve