“Quality hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Vilamoura
Liverpool
“Quality hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Just returned from a 7 day family holiday at this hotel, had a fantastic time, rooms well appointed and spotless. Breakfast was excellent as were the bar meals in the Rubi lounge . The staff were all extremely polite and helpful. Cannot praise this hotel to highly will definately return. We visited a local restaurant O' Pirata, worth a visit particularly if you like fillet steak.

Room Tip: If you like the sun early evening make sure you ask for a west facing balcony
2 Thank Stevemarg01
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and the excellent rating you gave us in your review on TripAdvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed our resort facilities and quality service and that we succeeded in providing you and your family with a fantastic 7 day holiday experience.

We sincerely appreciate your kinds words and are very much looking forward to welcoming all of you back again very soon.

David Ecija

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
New Romney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

If you have ever wanted to spend a holiday in a luxury 5 star resort complemented with excellent and attentive staff who make you the most important person in the hotel. Then this is it. Nothing is too much trouble. This is NOT our first visit as we visited in the first year of their opening. We returned to see how it may have changed. Well, it hadn't changed, it's still a 5 star hotel. Just think of 5 star and everything that you image is there. Obviously Portugal is renown for the golf courses, but I was there to relax. I had no intention of doing anything and but for the odd time I was dragged away from the many pools...that's exactly what I did. I'd been to their own beach which was totally free including transport, but sipping a mojito in the sun was my dream. Howver, we went in late September to avoid the school children and unfortunately picked up the not-yet-at-school babies. Still I did have my headphones and my mojito. It's 5 star so I won't bore you with the details... but even the meals delivered to our room looked and tasted fantastic. Hollywood eat your heart out. And there is of course a 7 Star Spa on site.

Room Tip: They are all excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James_Denise
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to the Hilton Vilamoura after the opening in 2007 and the amazing comments you shared on TripAdvisor. I don’t think we could have received a better review!

I’m delighted that you were just as impressed the second time around and your holiday turned out to be exactly what you had anticipated: sipping mojitos in the sun and relaxing by the pool complemented by our 5 star hospitality and friendly service, as you so often point out!

Thank you again so much for your wonderful words of praise and on behalf of the staff and management, we hope to see you back again soon for more indulging moments.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have stayed here twice this year.
Fabulous hotel, realy helpful staff, umpteen pools, great rooms, best spa in Portugal..great for couples and families.
Reasonably priced lunch available at the nearby golf course.
And, oh yes, excellent breakfasts.
Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Patrick D
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and the excellent rating on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you had another pleasant stay at the Hilton Vilamoura this year and are very much looking forward to your future return visits for more fabulous holidays.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I can't believe this hotel. The people are great, the food is great and hotel is fantastic. Room is delux plus, so kid gets own room so we can have a beer and watch a movie when he's in bed . Vilamoura is lovely to and Food, beer cheap!! I'm sick of overpaying in Europe and here is old school Europe prices.

Awesome, thank you Hilton , thank you vilamoura and thank you portugal

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank davecorky72
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and for the excellent rating on TripAdvisor. From your enthusiastic comments, I can tell you really enjoyed yourselves and had a great time.

I’m truly looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort again very soon.

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our one year old son for a few days in mid-September. Prior to arrival, the hotel staff arranged for us to be picked up with a car seat for our son. Transfer with car seat ran about 41 EUR. First night there we ate at the Moscado restaurant which was actually very good and competitively priced when compared to the Vilamoura marina. I had the steak which was excellent. My wife had spaghetti which she liked for the most part but thought was a bit too salty. The first day there we laid out by the pool - which was very nice. My only complaint about the pool was that we couldn't figure out how to get there with the stroller without walking through either the Moscado restaurant or the rubi bar. Not a big deal but at one point Moscado was closed for a pirate event so we had to turn around and go the other way - strange layout.

The second night there we walked to the marina for dinner. Not a bad walk - 25-30 mins but if walking with a stroller just be prepared for a lot of cobblestone paths. There is a free shuttle that runs to the marina from about 7 to 9 or 10. It is not on a regular schedule (ie only goes if there are enough people that want to go) so you typically have to take a cab home (about 5 EUR with tip) unless you are lucky enough to see the driver come by (they unload right across from the taxi line).

Third day we went to the beach. Very beautiful and peaceful beach. Only negative was that we had to pay for a sun bed (10 EUR for 4 hrs or 15 EUR for the day). Price includes news printed on 8.5x11 paper and small (think 2-3 gulps) bottle of water, but still thought paying for a sun bed was a bit crazy when they are better and free at the pool. That being said the beach really is beautiful. Do yourself a favor and take a stroll west towards the red sand cliffs. I hiked up them which was a lot of fun. Food options were limited but good (we had a chicken panini). After dinner that night we went into rubi bar because they had live music. Only stayed for a drink because our son was getting tired but it was fun environment and I'd recommend.

Can't say enough about the staff. They went out of their way to help us with whatever we needed. Our airline lost our play pen and they provided a play pen for us to use right away. They were quick to offer recommendations for dinner at the marina. Same for the wait staff. They were great with our one year old son. Would recommend bringing wipes to meals if you have a toddler that needs a high chair as they are pretty old and a bit grimy.

Rooms were very nice and spacious they upgraded us to a family room as the hotel was fairly empty. Only complaint about the room (and I've read this in other reviews) was that the bed was about as soft as the tile floor. I'm ok with firm beds so it wasn't too bad but my back was a bit sore every morning.

Didn't get to play golf which I would have loved to do - pinhil golf course is right across the street and the old course is a short walk or cab ride away. For runners - I did go on about a 5 mile run which took me down to the marina and around the pinhil golf course. There is a nice trail on the way to the marina (also goes past a super market if you'd rather save 3 euros per bottle of water). Other trails are cobblestone but still nice.

Would definitely recommend this place and would come back if we are ever back in the area.

3 Thank Matt S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference in selecting our resort for your vacation and writing about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. Overall, it appears that you had a pleasant time and relaxing experience.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed the resort services and facilities, particularly the spacious accommodation, quality of the food, live entertainment at the bar, the beautiful and peaceful beach and of course, our dedicated staff who make all our guests feel very welcome and cared for. I was especially drawn to your comment about the competitive prices of our restaurant in comparison to those of the marina.

I can appreciate how the paths to the swimming pools inside the resort and to the marina in the centre of Vilamoura could have inconvenienced you while pushing a stroller. Also, I’ve made a note of your comments on the shuttle schedule, sunbed prices and food options at the beach to be considered in our improvement planning along with an order of mattress toppers which will soon be available upon request for added comfort.

We are constantly monitoring our performance and adapting our service standards to better meet our guests’ demands and needs so your comments are truly valuable as part of the process to improve the hospitality experience.

Thank you for recommending our resort and on behalf of the staff and management, we hope to see you and your family back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Spent a week at the Hilton Vilamoura from 5-12 September. The staff were very polite and accommodating, while the rooms were spacious with plenty of drawer space and kept in excellent condition. Thankfully we had a balcony view of the swimming pools, where as on the other side of the hotel the view is not glamourous - car park & main road!

We had room service on 3 occasions - although the menu maybe limited, the quality is fantastic! Club Sandwiches, Salmon fillet & their adventurous Apple Pie all receive top marks. The staff even set the table aswell!

Facility wise the swimming pools are separated - located at the top are two quiet pools aimed at couples or people away on business, while the largest pool is predominantly for young families to ensure toddlers can splash around. Inbetween the two main restaurants there is a small indoor pool which is available to anyone who fancies a break from the sun! The gymnasium has a good selection of weights and cardio based machines, while their golf simulator is good fun despite the steep 45 euros for an hour! One negative we found is the snooker table - the cues are not in great condition and chalk is non-existent!

As we were inclusive, breakfast was free in the restaurant downstairs. There is a variety of foods - cereals, fruit, yoghurt, fry-ups, waffles, omelettes, toast, pastries etc....and the staff are very quick to remove empty plates. In the evening Ruby's is always good for a pre-dinner drink. We enjoyed eating down by the mariner (5 minute cab ride or 25 minute walk), therefore can't comment on the dining experience in the hotel.

As for the eateries by the harbour - Lamparo's is recommended for pasta dishes, but for a complete meal Mayflower is class! Excellent choice of steaks & seafood, while there garlic bread for starters is delicious. One place to avoid is Prime Steakhouse - steaks are under cooked & the vegetables are harder than rock!

All in all thoroughly enjoyed the Hilton and would happily return in the future!

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views - avoid car park & main road suites on the west side.
1 Thank Mike R
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your week’s vacation and for taking the time to write about it on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the service and facilities, particularly the spacious and well kept accommodations, the quality of the food at breakfast and room service as well as the gym and swimming pools which you described in such detail. Of course, we would have preferred that you had dined in but completely respect your wish to go to the restaurants at the marina. With regard to the snooker cues, we have called the supplier to come in for a maintenance check and have this done promptly.

Regarding your comments about the staff, I will be sure to share them with the entire team and thank them for their continued commitment to providing quality service and ensuring that our guests are well taken care of.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we’ll be looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Vilamoura again very soon for another relaxing experience.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend and were pleasently suprised when we arrived. I had read reviews saying that the Hotel is over run with children however as we were just outside the Summer Holidays the children were all under 5 and there didnt seem to be an issue with them taking over the whole hotel when we were there. The staff were all very nice and helpful (with the exception of the lady who works in the gift shop who was rather rude). Our room was great, however one thing that I have read on other reviews was the smell of cigarettes. When coming into the room it did smell very strongly and I would think its a very easy question to ask people whether they want a smoking or non-smoking room. The fact that ashtrays are provided on the balcony doesnt help. We really liked the spa and had treatments there although on our last day we went to use the hydro-therapy room and none of the facilities seemed to work. After a while we realised that there was a power cut which went on for nearly three hours. Not the hotels fault however not once did anyone come out to the pool area to apologise or even advise us of what was happening, it was so dark in the changing rooms they were out of use. Over all would recommend this hotel BUT by biggest complaint is that this Hotel is still charging for Wi-Fi which really annoys me as I just see it as a way of making additional money at the guests expense.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura for your long weekend stay and taking the time to write about it on TripAdvisor.

On the one hand, I was very glad to learn that you were pleasantly surprised at arrival with a beautiful and quiet setting with no disturbance from children and friendly and helpful staff. I’ll be sure to have a word with the gift shop owner about the attendant’s attitude.

On the other hand, I would like to apologise for the two instances in which we did not deliver the quality of service which is required by Hilton standards.

First, the smell of cigarettes in the room. Although we do our best to accommodate non-smoking preferences and have recently reduced the number of smoking rooms in the hotel, sometimes during high occupancy it is not always possible. Moreover, there are always guests who unfortunately do not observe the non-smoking rule in rooms.

Second, during the power outage in the area which disrupted the hotel and spa operations, the Spa Manager reported back to me that standard procedure was followed and guests were duly informed of the situation both on arrival and inside the facility so it would appear that the spa attendant inadvertently missed you on her inspection rounds.

In light of the above, I have asked our Front Office Manager and Spa Manager to implement the necessary corrective measures and ensure that their teams keep vigilant and aware of our guests’ needs at all times.

With regard to the WiFi charges, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to know that we have started taking the necessary steps to have this service installed and available free of charge in public areas of the hotel fairly soon. Currently, our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members already benefit from free internet service but we want to extend it to all guests.

Again, please accept our apologies for the shortcomings and we hope that, despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your friends back again in the near future.

David Ecija
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Four Seasons Vilamoura
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
#1 of 162 in Albufeira

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!