Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
US$223
US$470
US$398
2,777 results
All reviewsrubi barromantic poolfamily suiteshuttle busbeach clubshuttle servicekids clubbuffet restaurantpool areamain poollovely hoteltwo bedroom apartmenthigh seasonfamily holidayshort breaksun loungersgreat facilities
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We have just arrived home from our second holiday at this hotel, excellent hotel, clean, excellent staff, room ready at 12pm, we love it and will definitely return. One complaint was the fact that sunbeds were reserved for the entire day. One couple left their beds at 11am and didnt come back until 3pm, they left their towels and kids toys on them during this time, which meant that no body else could use them either, the hotel should enforce the 30 minute rule, this would prevent the madness of queueing for a sunbed at 8.30 and stop people thinking that they can reserve sunbeds for the day, its extremelly bad manners. This was not the case on our last holiday which was much more enjoyable. Do not stay at this hotel without eating at the Pirate restaurant which was recommended by the staff at reception, excellent food and service.

1  Thank tragah
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to the Hilton Vilamoura and reviewing your most recent experience on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay again and will keep returning although you were regrettably inconvenienced by the sunbed situation this year.

We very much appreciate your loyalty and will continue to make our utmost efforts to right any situation which may compromise the trust you have in our service standards. Please rest assured we will look into this issue and find a way to improve the pool facility setup.

We thank you again for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again next year.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We booked this hotel on the great reviews it has, even though it was quite expensive we thought we would go that extra mile as it sounded fantastic. We were very disappointed ! On arrival after e mailing them before we came telling them it was a special occasion and we had our son who is 12 yrs old, they told us they had upgraded us to a deluxe suite ! Well the room had 3single beds in a room the size of a broom cupboard, I complained and they were very helpfull, and said they would move us, but as you can guess like I did on the day it had a big catch, yes we had to pay £400 more to move to a normal sized room ! Really annoyed and disappointed with being ripped off.
The hotel itself is lovely, the staff at reception and at breakfast were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you, but the pool area is a joke, the sun beds are that close that you cannot put your sun Brolly up if the person next to you has there's up ! After 0930 there was no chance of getting a bed, I saw some people sat on the floor as no beds left ! How poor is that ! Then there are the pools, how cold, you just couldn't go in them for the first few days they were all just freezing, again so disappointing for my son. The indoor one which was the only heated pool was so packed with younger children due to the others being so cold that you could never get in it for a swim !
the hotel to our surprise was packed with children under the age of 5 and i mean packed with them, so if you are travelling without kids i would give this place a miss !
The pool bar was the worst I've ever seen it was the size of a phone box ! The staff there were very abrupt and ran out of things by lunch time ! £4 for a cam of coke, £5 for a beer and £17 for burger and chips at the poolside ! It just felt a complete rip off. Thank goodness for the supermarket round the corner. The beach again was a rip off £10 per sun bed for 4hours ! And the sea was colder than the pools so you couldn't go in and by lunchtime the wind was blowing the sand all over you !
It did have 2 other pools but 1 was adults only and the other was at the other end of the complex where the self catering part is and it was quite a trek to get a drink or even go to the toilets !
The courtesy bus was great but we got a taxi in and the bus back every night as the queue for the first bus at 7pm was silly !
To sum up, the hotel was lovely as it is a hilton, but the so called delux room was a joke and the pool area and pool bar are the worst I've ever seen for a 5 star in all my years travelling. It just felt like they were trying to rip you off which left a sour taste in my throat.
Vilamoura was beautiful and I would go back there again, but I would not stop at the hilton mainly due to the tiny pool area, the pools being so cold, the rip off at the beach and the rip off prices in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1bed apartment with a pool view
3  Thank Jamie06

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent holiday at our resort and am very sorry to learn that we did not succeed in meeting your expectations.

Although you mention the hotel was lovely and all the staff were very helpful, you felt disappointed with the size of the room, the pool and beach facilities and prices. I’ve made a note of all your comments and will be addressing them with the management team with a view to improving the service, especially at the pool and beach.

We are always finding new ways of improving the guest experience and undergoing constant change to achieve this so I sincerely hope you will consider visiting us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this hotel was. On arrival we were given a golf view room which was lovely but we really wanted a pool view as we were only staying at the hotel for 3 days on day 2 the hotel moved us to a wonderful room over looking the pool which was gorgeous. I was also really surprised when on my birthday there was a waiter at our door with a double chocolate cupcake with a candle in its and fresh fruit, which was a wonderful surprise... While we were staying at this hotel I convinced my husband to join me for an afternoon in the Spa... WOW!!! What else can I say I had a package called the Lavander bath which was about 50 euros but worth every penny it was 40mins aroma bath in a jet jacuzzi, then a 15 minute massage leaving me floating on a cloud my husband had the same but a revitalising bath with lemon oils. You also included in your price was the Spa leisure facilities including a rainforest/siberian shower experience (Fantastic), Sauna, Steam room, jacuzzi's jet baths and hydro jets all so very relaxing. This hotel was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone the service at this hotel was excellent especially as my husband is disabled and nothing was too much trouble the hotel receptionist even ran us down to the marina in the hotel mini bus so we didnt have to pay for a taxi which was just amazing. What a fantastic hotel !!!!

Room Tip: A pool view room is lovely as it over looks the whole complex we were in room 2430
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I’m delighted you chose to stay at our resort and found it to be wonderful and relaxing. With words like wow, wonderful, excellent and fantastic, I can see that you had a truly memorable experience!

We love celebrating guests’ birthdays so I’m delighted that you enjoyed the surprise we planned to mark the occasion and of course, the visit to the spa was an excellent choice! There's nothing quite like indulging yourself to some pampering while on holidays.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope to see you and your husband back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Highly recommended excellently run Hotel with staff as friendly and helpfull as one could ever expect.
This Hotel is located about 30 minute walk from the town centre (Marina) but a shuttle bus service is run free of charge both to beach and town centre at designated times.
The service for the town centre ends at 21.30. each evening. One will need to shop around for restaurants as the prices and quality vary. We were luck to have discovered the Pirata which is only a 10 minute walk from Hilton Hotel. This is a spotlessly clean and well run restaurant with excellent food but a little of the beaten track. I will return here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are comfortable throughout but this Hotel will have Families with very young children so expect an early morning crying child on occasions. Making sure balcony doors are fully closed each night will assist in this regard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and your very encouraging comments on TripAdvisor. It is such a pleasure to receive another excellent rating!

I’m delighted that you enjoyed the services and facilities and were particularly impressed by the friendliness of our staff.

We thank you for recommending our resort and are all very much looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Lovely hotel, spacious and well appointed. Great pool area for kids, in fact nearly everyone has a child with them. Pool area opens only at 9am and by 845am there is a long queue of towel laying Brits ready to grab all the sun loungers, try to get a space after 930am forget it.
The prices at this hotel are shocking and akin to London prices. 5 euros for chips, 4 euros for bottle of water, cheese and ham toastie 12 Euros, wine 35 euros. The Pool restaurant quality leaves a lot to be desired, quality of food is not good and minimal choice the menu has a tick against "healthy options" and the only healthy option is the fruit salad at 7 euros.... Service takes ages and the staff seem very unqualified and impatient. On to the Beach Club, pictured as an exlcusive beach club, arrive at the club and its a ramshackle building where the lights in the toilet come on when you go in and go off after about 2 seconds...solution from the manager to jiggle around to get them to come on again. Only about 14 sun loungers and nowhere near enough...and you pay 10 euros for half a day and 15 for a full day...totally unnecessary to charge.

Nice to get some sun but be prepared no matter what type of deal you get on a package holiday you will spend much much much more on food and drink than you would expect for Portugal...be prepared for the equivalent of lunching and dining in central Mayfair every day...

Room Tip: try and get an upgrade to an appartment suite
1  Thank fullprime
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and reviewing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I’m pleased you were impressed with the spacious and well appointed property and particularly the pool area. However, I regret that we weren’t able to meet your expectations in terms of prices, quality of food and service in the pool restaurant and beach club.

I have already shared your valuable observations with my management team to ensure that we make the necessary corrections. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continuous improvement of our property for current and future guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.