On balance this is a good new hotel with good facilities, but is inconsistent in the delivery of them and the services it provides. The good points: superb apartments ( we stayed in a two bed garden-facing room which was very well appointed), lots of pools, reasonably quiet location, good breakfasts (but expensive), minibus service to beach and the marina at night, private beach with inclusive towel and beds on a very nice beach just west of the marina. The bad points: apartment servicing was haphazard ( nearly every day we asked for shampoos etc as none left), the pool-side service was very slow and the "reserving" of sun-beds was a joke. Almost at no time did I see more than 50% occupancy of the sun-beds yet every one had a towel on it, presumably from people who were elsewhere but reserved just in case. The minibus service as above was a great feature but fell apart in the last few days of our stay as there were just too many people wanting to go the marina and despite a second bus it just didnt work. A taxi was only 4 euros but hard to get at that time albeit we did get a few on chance that were dropping off. Also for a five star hotel the restaurant choice isnt great. The best restaurant is going to set you back 50 euros a head without drinks, and with a teenager we gave that a miss.The main restaurant and where breakfast is served (23 euros a head if you arent on an inclusive deal) is ok but basically had themed buffets every night - these were 38 euros a head. Frankly I thought this pricey for what it was and despite the hassle a trip to marina is by far the best option where the choice is excellent, the setting superb, and the price less if you want it to be.
Anybody looking at Vilamoura might check out the Lakes Resort which seemd to have 2 great advantages on the Hilton, its near the marina but not too near and next to the beach. That said it seemed more expensive and the apartments possibly werent quite as nice as the Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve