Just returned from a lovely stay at Hilton Vilamoura - which lived up to its five star rating. On arrival was greeted by Dina on reception who was not only efficient, friendly , knowledgable she was extremely welcoming. The rooms are fantastic and provide all a guest could want ie: tea/ coffee making facilities, iron / ironing board and mini bar. The bed and bed linen were of high quality, and bed and pillows were comfortable.
We were upgraded to a family room with an adjoining room with double sofa bed for our son. The contents of his room mirrored that of our room much to his delight (large tv, bath, separate toilet shower, safe, balcony etc). We couldn't fault the cleanliness of the entire hotel.
Due to it being out of season, the out door pools were shut and the indoor pool - although being covered was open to the elements on one side - which no doubt would be ideal in the summer - but not quite so good out of season. We did venture in ....however the water was cold - so did not enjoy it as much as we would have wanted.
We visited the spa, which is apparently one of the best in the Algarve. We were told that it was run by a different company. A choice of packages are available and guests can pay 15 euros to spend the day making use of various pools, relaxation area, sauna etc. Due to the fact that the purpose of our holiday was to relax and unwind, we wanted to partake in this option, and when we enquired about our son (aged 11) we were told that it would cost 10 euros for him, however he would need to vacate the area by 11am - because of this we did not partake of the spa facilities to the disappointment of us all - despite it being "out of season". This seemed bizarre as when we visited the spa there was only one adult using the facilities !
The hotel operates a shuttle bus to the marina at various times: these being leaving hotel 11am and returning to the marina at 4pm for collection. In addition to this the hotel provides a shuttle bus service during the evening the hotel (one way) between 7 - 9pm upon request.
There is also a mini train (nothing to do with hotel) that runs an hourly service, with several pick up / drop off points , at the cost of 5 euro per adult for travel during the whole day - pick up outside Hilton. This train also visits a Family Golf facility ( large pitch and putt ) - which takes approx 45 mins to get round - which is great for families and brilliant fun.
The food at the Hilton and especially that in the Italian restaurant - is plentiful and can not be faulted - service is efficient and friendly. The buffet breakfast provides varied choice, eggs and omelettes cooked on request and can not be faulted.
The customer service of ALL staff at the Hilton is excellent - and nothing appears to be too much trouble - an example of this is one day whilst exploring surrounding areas, the driver of the Hilton shuttle bus, went out of his way to turn around, change direction and stop and ask us if we needed a lift. This was incredible and show's how the staff go above and beyond to make the stay of their guests perfect.
The Bar area was relaxing and was the ideal way to end an evening, the bar food provided excellent quality and value for money. Drinks were expensive and expect to pay 5 euros for a pint of beer and approx 22 Euros for a bottle of wine. The bar staff were efficient and friendly. The only criticism I have is that on our last night we were given a bill for another table ( total amount less than ours). We brought this to the attention of the bar man, who thanked us for our honesty .....only to be over charged ourselves when we were given our bar bill !!! It was rectified however the bar man said that I had been charged for two drinks because the numbers on the till were close together. So I would suggest that guests check what they are signing for, especially bar bills, as we are all human and costly mistakes can be made.
From the moment we walked through the door on arrival, to the moment we left we enjoyed our experience at the Hilton Vilamoura - and would highly recommend the hotel. Thank you to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve