We stayed there for a week in May 2014. The hotel is consistent with other Hilton hotels so it is a good standard, however, as expected, it's probably comparable to a 4* Hilton in the UK.
As a Diamond member the benefits are excellent: free breakfast, spa (normally EUR35), beach package, welcome pack, upgraded room. I felt my loyalty was appreciated.
Staff in this hotel are exceptional. They made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much for them. They are the hotels best asset and I hope the management team recognise this.
We were allocated a north-facing room which, due to the enclosed style of the balcony, got absolutely no sun at all. Not a major problem as there is plenty of space to sit out in the sun around the hotel, but it's sometimes nice to sit out in the sun with a beer while waiting for the missus to get ready! Rooms face in all directions around the swimming pool so unless you make a specific request then it's pot luck if you get any sun on your balcony.
I visited outside of school holidays but there were still lot's of (mostly pre-school) kids around the pool and breakfast area. I expect this place will be a nightmare during school holidays! There is an adult only pool but it's not very big and there are limited loungers - to be fair to the hotel they did police the 'adults only' rule well when a couple of brats strayed. I certainly would not risk visiting here during school holidays if I wanted a quiet, relaxing break.
I've read some complaints about the cost of food and drinks - Yes, it's not cheap, but it's consistent with this standard of hotel. You get what you pay for. People who book into a 5* star hotel and complain about the prices are crazy - I suggest you go to Thomas Cook who will sort you out with a week all inclusive in Turkey for £300 - happy days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Destinology, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve