“Nice hotel, staff are outstanding”

Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, staff are outstanding”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed there for a week in May 2014. The hotel is consistent with other Hilton hotels so it is a good standard, however, as expected, it's probably comparable to a 4* Hilton in the UK.

As a Diamond member the benefits are excellent: free breakfast, spa (normally EUR35), beach package, welcome pack, upgraded room. I felt my loyalty was appreciated.

Staff in this hotel are exceptional. They made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much for them. They are the hotels best asset and I hope the management team recognise this.

We were allocated a north-facing room which, due to the enclosed style of the balcony, got absolutely no sun at all. Not a major problem as there is plenty of space to sit out in the sun around the hotel, but it's sometimes nice to sit out in the sun with a beer while waiting for the missus to get ready! Rooms face in all directions around the swimming pool so unless you make a specific request then it's pot luck if you get any sun on your balcony.

I visited outside of school holidays but there were still lot's of (mostly pre-school) kids around the pool and breakfast area. I expect this place will be a nightmare during school holidays! There is an adult only pool but it's not very big and there are limited loungers - to be fair to the hotel they did police the 'adults only' rule well when a couple of brats strayed. I certainly would not risk visiting here during school holidays if I wanted a quiet, relaxing break.

I've read some complaints about the cost of food and drinks - Yes, it's not cheap, but it's consistent with this standard of hotel. You get what you pay for. People who book into a 5* star hotel and complain about the prices are crazy - I suggest you go to Thomas Cook who will sort you out with a week all inclusive in Turkey for £300 - happy days.

Room Tip: North facing rooms get no sun due to enclosed style of balcony.
1 Thank dgt123
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and taking the time to comment on your experience. Your opinions are highly appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor our performance.

I am so pleased you felt your loyalty benefits were honoured and were impressed with how well we look after our guests.

Hilton is synonymous with first-class Hospitality and our Teams are the powerful force which channel our culture, values and standards to ensure that every Guest feels truly valued, respected and cared for.

The whole team joins me in thanking you for this acknowledgement and would be thrilled to welcome you back to our resort again very soon.

Dinis Pires

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just back from a very enjoyable 6nights in Vilamoura.
Excellent friendly welcome at check-in, good orientation and a welcome drink.

Room
We were upgraded to a Family Suite with pool view- lovely room, good sized bed and good bathrooms (there were two!) as well as two balconies.

Breakfast
Very good selection each morning - cereals, fruits, breads as well as the usual fry. Also theres French toast each morning and either pancakes or waffles on alternate mornings. They'll do your eggs however you like and will do omelettes to order. If you like strong british tea bring your own teabag as their stuff was a bit weak. My other half tells me the coffee was very good though and they did have a wide selection of herbal and fruit teas.

Dinner
We had the buffet dinner several times and I can quite happily say its the best I've had. They selection changed every night with good range of starters and desserts. Each night there was a pasta dish and range of sauces, a roast of some description as well as some form of fish and other meat as well. So often with buffets the dishes can be bland and mundane - almost as if they're put out to fill up the counter space. Not here! Every dish I had was excellent and care had been taken over it. The fish dishes and the roast suckling pig I had last night were particularly good.
There is another restaurant in the hotel although we didn't eat there.

Bar
The hotel has two pool side bars doing standard drinks but the main bar - and one of the highlights was the Rubi bar. The cocktails were sensational and all beautifully presented. More works of art than drinks. As well as cocktails they have an impressive selection of gins, as well as a good range of ports, whiskeys and other spirits. The music that was on several nights a week was good quality. My one complaint was that children were still running around the bar until quite late at night which was a bit irritating at times.

Bus
There is a bus every hour to the beach which is lovely. In the evenings theres a steady flow of buses to the marina until 930. If you want to walk down its about 20-25minutes although less than 5euro for a taxi back and we had no problems getting one.

Spa
There is a spa immediately across from the hotel which is accessible from inside the hotel as well. Several pools with very relaxing cabanas and a lovely garden to relax in. There was also saunas and steam rooms as well as an interesting 'shower experience'. We both had massages and enjoyed them. The pools were a little too cold for comfort. The spa is not free- theres a relatively steep fee to use it each day which does though mean its pleasantly quiet. Its free for HHonors Golds and Diamonds.

Staff
Always keen, friendly and very obliging. The bartenders in the rubi bar were particularly good!

HHonors
For those with Gold or Diamond status - free breakfast and wifi as you'd expect as well as the water in the room. There was also 2 coffee liqueurs in the room. We were upgraded from a plus room to a family suite with pool view. The spa is also complimentary for Golds and diamonds as is the beach club lounger. I've Gold status so I'm not sure if there was anything different provided for Diamonds but I was very pleased with how we were treated. Currently on the Hilton website for 30K points a night which compared to some hotels is an absolute bargain!

I'd definitely come back here and would have no problems recommending it.

4 Thank RogerStewart
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfully positive and detailed review of our services and facilities following your holiday break in May.
I am delighted to learn that you highly recommend the Hilton Vilamoura and will be returning.

I’m pleased we succeeded in meeting your expectations and particularly impressed you with the room amenities and upgrade, breakfast selection and quality of the food at dinner.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back again very soon.

co.donegal
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Well where do I start , I stayed at this hotel for five days in April and I could not fault it.The staff were absolutely wonderful always ready to help also dina the manager was so nice and helpful .Food in the hotel was beautiful although a bit expensive also the spa was a real treat...pool areas all clean also the gym was open 24 hrs ..the area where the hotel is a bit out but was not a problem as the shuttle took you down to the marina ..all in all a wonderful experience and hope to return again in the future

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Vilamoura and the excellent rating on TripAdvisor.

It is always very gratifying for us when we receive such wonderful feedback from satisfied guests. We are delighted you enjoyed the resort facilities and treated yourself to the spa!

I’ll be sure to share your kind comments with Dina who is always so resourceful.

We thank you again for your comments and very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Horley
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and were blown away by the sheer professionalism and genuinely happy staff.
We decided to get married here because the location suited us the rooms are stunning food is amazing staff so friendly and go that extra mile and I felt like royalty as wife and I both work in hotels myself a chef for 20 years know how awkward customers can be .
We were so lucky with the weather and can I recommend a Caparinha from the bar as they are DEVINE so refreshing .
Again we WILL be back

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are honoured to have played a part in your wedding and helped make it a sublime experience.

The whole team joins me in thanking you for this wonderful acknowledgment of their efforts and wish you and your wife all the happiness in the world!

greasby wirral uk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for the first time in this region..the hotel is very good..great pool..gym..etc..the rooms are very good..this town and harbour are worth a visit ...if you have a car do some travelling around and see Portugal not just around the coastal areas. The hotel was just a base but it is very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and took time to explore this wonderful region.

We thank you for your review and hope you will visit again sometime soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place, but felt 2nd class as a Vacation Club member. Friendly staff but to be told I couldn't be helped further after an error on their part and a mixup and should wait until office hours to be helped further by HGVC staff was very disheartening. Especially after a long trip getting there. I was friendly and asked for a manager and issue was immediately solved but I should not have had to ask for one. It left me feeling as if HGVC is cheap (certainly is not) and I should be a customer paying the nightly rate for better service.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

I very much regret to learn of the setback at arrival and that we failed to provide a swift solution to the problem.

Please be assured that by no means was it our intention to make you feel like second class guests.

I’ll be sure to raise awareness within the teams so they are more attentive to guest sensitivities and we will continue to work hard to deliver on expectations and ensure that all our guests feel appreciated and well looked after.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us a second opportunity to restore your faith in our property .

Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is within the Vilamoura complex - mainly containing hotels, holiday villas and a large town full of bars and restaurants around the Marina area.
The Hilton is about 30 minutes walk from the sea, but it is an easy walk and there is a pleasant walkway which runs between the roads.
The Hotel Breakfast Buffet is lavious, the Rooms large and have bath and seperate shower and the pools adequate, but the outdoor is unheated, so chilly in May !! Also a favourite of families, so expect lots of children.
The Spa area has a great selection of hot and cold pooils, a turkish and swedish sauna and interesting shower selection with music
Overalll, a pleasant experience

Room Tip: The rooms either face the pool or the golf course. I preferred the golf course view.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and your review on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased you enjoyed your holiday with us and that we made an impression, in particular the rooms, breakfast and spa.

We appreciate your feedback hope to welcome you back to our resort again very soon.

Dinis Pires
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Four Seasons Vilamoura
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
#2 of 163 in Albufeira

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!