“Cannot find any negatives!”

Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've just returned from a short break as a solo traveller to this hotel and found it to be a wonderful experience. The room was spotless, spacious and very comfortable as was the bathroom. There was a hospitality tray, not so common on the Continent with a good selection of teas and coffee etc, and the toiletries were so nice that I am going to try and source them at home.
The staff were so polite and friendly and nothing was too much bother. The room service menu was extensive and my meal was delivered piping hot to my room within 30 minutes of ordering.
Was it expensive? In my opinion, not at all; you get what you pay for, and at this hotel you really do get quality and service in beautiful surroundings. Breakfast selection was great, was spoilt for choice. The pools were lovely (I chose to relax around the adults only pool, just for the peace and quiet, but the main pool is great for kids).
One tip I would like to add, the Hotels' information page quotes the average taxi fare as 40 euro, so I pre-booked with Suntours online and paid around 47 euro return. I can also recommend this company as the driver was waiting for me at the airport and returned to collect me on time. They have an English call centre, should you have any problems or enquiries about your booking

Room Tip: If you like the evening Sun, ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tripster1812
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura for your short break and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are indeed committed to consistently providing flawless service but it is nevertheless most gratifying to receive such appreciation from our valued guests. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed the resort services and facilities, especially the comfortable room, toiletries, room service, quality and choice at breakfast, pools and beautiful surroundings.

On behalf of the entire Team at the Hilton Vilamoura, please accept our heartfelt gratitude and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here April, Its taken me so long to write a review as I really can work this hotel out.

We had 2 rooms on single occupancy (Half Board) and I have to say they were absolutely stunning, very clean and had the most fantastic bathroom with walk in shower and full size bath, was certainly not disappointed, The staff were great and very attentive. However the food let it down, Breakfast was wonderful every thing you could of asked for although I think this was the time of year there was only 1 restaurant open for dinner the Italian restaurant the food was very basic and in order to get any thing different you had to order from another menu and pay the additional supplement in which we ended up having to do every night. the menu did not change and was rather disappointing for an acclaimed 5* hotel we wished that we hadn't gone half board. However the last 2 nights of our stay the restaurant was being used for a private function and we got to eat dinner in the larger breakfast area (which I'am guessing is used for dinner also in the busier months) And the food appeared to also get better we were offered sea Bream for 2 which was amazing! and how it should of been for the previous 5 days! However it was spoiled slightly by a private party how had been partitioned in to an area in the same room who were very loud and had there own music blasting out! so we ate good food but couldn't talk nor hear each other, although I'm sure a party that big could of been given a private function room by themselves to be as loud as they liked! As for lunch we ate in the bar most days and watched many people come in and look at the menu then walk back out again, I guess this is probably as the cost of the food was extremely high and not a great choice but as I was there with my elderly grandfather we had lack of options as this was the only place to eat lunch. Although the Alioli was the best I have ever tasted!

The bar was very lifeless and there was no atmosphere although I guess as the drinks prices are so high that people don't want to drink in the hotel. There was singers in the bar area twice during our week 1 guy was fantastic the other not so much but both were really depressing and loud so you had no option to listen as talking wasn't an option.

Typically the day before we were leaving it looked like the whole place was just opening up and the outer bars were getting opened up so I feel that this review may of been better if we had seen it as it should be. However disappointed as were unaware that the services would be so limited. And what started as a costly break ended up even more costlier which of course I wouldn't of minded if it had been worth it. but in all honesty it wasn't. I was just so glad that I left my little boy at home as he would of been bored senseless, apparently there was a kids club but don't know where this was and apparently (after speaking to another family) very costly as everything else was. the pool was freezing and although a few braved it, kids were coming out shivering! The covered pool was fine. i can see many great reviews more recently that are great which is why I think this is a seasonal hotel and geared towards golfers who just want to golf,sleep and eat, however I would of thought it being the Easter holidays that every thing would be up and running. Great hotel so much potential very clean great outdoor areas Not sure if would return as would be scared that the same thing happened again.

Room Tip: Check all the facilities you require are open if going out of season
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jograykelly

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased that you liked the property and accommodations but regret that you felt you were not able to enjoy your stay to the full potential due to the off season.

I very much regret that you were disappointed in terms of the food options and prices, lack of atmosphere at the bar and unavailability of some seasonal outlets but please be assured that your comments will be considered in our future planning and we will continue to work hard to raise service standards and ensure all our guests have a positive holiday experience.

Thanks again for your feedback and we genuinely hope that your next stay with us will exceed expectations and restore your faith in us completely.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just back from a 4 day stay in the Hilton Vilamoura. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us. Dina, the guest relations manager, had organised flowers for my wife as it was our 10th anniversary and couldn't be anymore helpful. The hotel lobby and view out into the pool area is stunning. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. All the comforts were provided with towels at the pool, soft sun loungers, robes in the rooms. The food in the hotel was beautiful and the staff willing to assist in any way possible. The hotel itself was spotless and quiet and relaxing for the time we were there. They provide free wifi in the common areas which is very useful.i look forward to returning at some stage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and fantastic endorsement of the Hilton Vilamoura.

We are thrilled that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay and felt well looked after by our staff, having been particularly impressed with the lobby and pool area, food quality and cleanliness of the accommodations and property.

Dina joins me in thanking you for your acknowledgment and we hope you will become regular visitors at our resort.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for 5 nights in June. We had a lovely room on the 2nd floor, I emailed prior to arriving to ask for a quiet room with a balcony which got the sun in the afternoon, and that's what we got. The sun hit our balcony at about 3pm and lasted until it went down - perfect. Lovely big comfortable bed with lovely pillows and light duvets. Big fluffy towels and massive bath as well as a seperate shower.

Breakfast was very good for a european hotel, good selection of very fresh food as well as amazing bread everyday, loved the nut and fruit loaf, staff at breakfast were great, constantly taking away dishes unlike a lot of hotels who leave them on the table. Only negative thing is that the hot water for tea wasn't always very hot but it's a very small thing. We sat outside every day.

We took the bikes out one day which was brilliant as they are electric and can get to places much quicker (5 euros per hour or there is a day rate) you can also use them as normal pedal bikes - which I tried to do as often as possible due to breakfast!!!!

Would go back tomorrow.

Room Tip: Email the hotel with your room preference, they gave us the perfect room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura for your holiday break and the wonderful endorsement on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made an impression, both in terms of the service and resort facilities; in particular, the room amenities and breakfast choice and quality, the electric bikes and of course, our friendly and efficient staff.

Furthermore, we’re very pleased to have assigned you the room of your choice with the balcony facing west so you could sit in the sun in the afternoons. Regarding the hot water, I’ll be sure to address this at our next staff meeting for corrective action.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and can’t wait to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Hilton Vilamoura. The hotel itself is amazing, wonderful outdoor pools and a partially covered pool which let our one year old swim without the worry of getting any sun. There is plenty of sun loungers and its great having the towel service by the pool. The restaurants were great and the bar served amazing cocktails. But the best thing by far is the staff who were at the very least 5 star! Our one year old took very sick at the end of our stay and the staff couldnt have done more to help. The front desk staff organised the hotel shuttle bus to take us to the pharmacy and on to the doctors clinic on two occasions and offered to collect us after we were seen whatever the time. They constantly enquired about her during the 3 days she was ill and provided us with fresh bedding in the middle of the night when she had been sick. Although our daughter was very ill it did not spoil our whole holiday as the staff just made everything so easy, I couldnt name just one or two members of staff because honestly everyone was amazingly helpful. An absolute gem of a hotel. Five star in every sense of the word. We would never stay anywhere else if visiting this area in the future. A big thank you to everyone at the Hilton Vilamoura x

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Cbrown55
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful endorsement on TripAdvisor.

We’re very sorry your little daughter fell ill during your holiday at our resort but hope she has now fully recovered.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff’s efforts and assistance during this ordeal. They are truly dedicated and committed to ensuring our guests’ wellbeing and we couldn’t hope for a better team.

They all join me in thanking you for your kind praise and we all look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We are just back from a lovely holiday here. We had a family suite on the 3 rd floor, 2 large bedrooms and 2 large bathrooms; 2 balconys - so lots of space for the 4 of us. We had breakfast included and it was great, plenty of choices of everyone. The pools were great (a bit cold though), plenty of sun lounges and umbrellas. The staff are fantastic, couldn't do enough for us. We had an issue with some broken glass in the room and the house keeping manager was very concerned and ensured the room was cleaned thoroughly for our kids safety. They even sent up some cupcakes and jellys for the kids - they were delighted!
The shuttle service to the marina and the beach were great. We took full advantage the bus in the evenings to and from the marina.
Overall we had a wonderful time and we are already planning out return visit.
Great family friendly hotel

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and your enthusiastic review on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled you had a wonderful time with your family and felt well taken care of by our efficient and friendly staff who leave nothing to chance!

I’m pleased you enjoyed all our services and facilities and are already planning to come back.

Can’t wait to see you all again!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We are Vacation Club members and have been for 5 years. Vilamoura is our home week destination, so we usually return here every year during summer half term. The standards are consistently high here and the staff extraordinary. Nothing is too much trouble and we've always been made to feel especially welcome as Club members. There are one or two operational niggles which need addressing. For example, wireless broadband is glacially slow and is normally charged for, which in a hotel of this quality is not really acceptable. Then there was the coffee machine in our room, which broke down on two occasions. Some rooms have stereos with Bluetooth connections, others don't. That said, we'll be back next year and would always recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great facilities, superb service, high quality food and exceptional accommodation.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty as Vacation Club Members and sharing your most recent experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you had yet another pleasant stay with us and continue to feel well taken care of by our extraordinary staff.

However, I’m sorry we couldn’t meet your expectations in terms of the internet service. I’ll be sure to address this with our IT manager as well as the blue tooth stereos. I’ve also made a note of the coffee machine to be replaced.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again on many more occasions.

Dinis Pires

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!