We are Hilton Gold Members and stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment over looking the pool, it was beautiful, spacious and had everything we needed. The pool areas are busy, i found the pools lovely, we especially liked the romantic pool at the back. The breakfast was lovely, best we have had, we had the half board, we loved the A la carte restaurant, Hilton were trialing it and it was magnificent, the head waiter was superb, professional and helped us make the correct choices. We even tried the Green wine which was lovely. On day 3 we were moved back to the buffet restaurant, it was very nice but nowhere near as nice as the A la carte half board menu, we decided day 4 to dine at the marina for the rest of the trip.
My mother in law fell sick with a throat infection, Dina the fantastic Guest Relations Manager immediatly drove her to the clinic, she did all the translating and then accompanied us to the pharmacy, she is an assett to Hilton, everytime you see her she is smiling and the passion for her role and Hilton just oozes out of her, i can honestly say she made our holiday.
I have just read a review about Rubys bar, the bar is lovely, pricey but lovely, i have to admit i did find one or two of the bar staff unfriendly, this was the only area of the hotel i experienced this, an older gentlman with grey hair and glasses wasnt very friendly at all, the bar had a wheel you could spin when you spent over 20 euros, we knew nothing about this and when we asked him he couldnt really be bothered with it. I did however find another barman who knew his cocktails very well lovely. This bar makes the best cocktails we have ever had, i reiterate what everyone else says on trip advisor, try the home made tonice water....
The spa is magnificent, best we have been in, the only thing is the staff dont explain anything when you arrive, your robe, towel etc is in the locker and the locker key when you first use it very confusing, it would help if they explained this.
The Customer service in this hotel is second to none in our opinion and have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels, the Manager and DIna must be very very proud of this, it is clear why they have won awards, i took the time to ask Dina how she managed to have consistantly high Customer focused staff she repled simply i tell my Staff " a smile costs nothing", she also advised me that although she was off for the weekend all her staff are aware to call her mobile if a guest needs her! Amazing in my opinion!
The Hilton beach is lovely and very private, it has a small beach bar with cold drinks, snacks and limited food. It was complimentary with our Hhonours card.
The pool areas are lovely, my only concern are the beds are very close, i have a few bruises on my toes from walking past peoples beds, then again, it doesnt spoil anything!
We are going to book and return to the Hilton Vilamoura soon, in fact we cant wait! I wish this hotel had an executive lounge, this would make all the difference.
I must add the temperatures in Vilamoura this June were 40 degrees, it was boiling, the hotel remained cool and tranquil, reception area being a great place to sit and escape the sun on your ipad or read a book.
A lovely touch on the morning we left, our pick up was 0630 so we missed breakfast, Hilton provided us with a sandwich, coffee, fruit and croissant to take with us, it was a pleasent suprise at check out!
Book it, its lovely, i am now emailing the Chief Executive of Hilton regarding Dina and her team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Hilton EMEA, Travelbag, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve