“Very Honest Review”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
“Very Honest Review”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We are Hilton Gold Members and stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment over looking the pool, it was beautiful, spacious and had everything we needed. The pool areas are busy, i found the pools lovely, we especially liked the romantic pool at the back. The breakfast was lovely, best we have had, we had the half board, we loved the A la carte restaurant, Hilton were trialing it and it was magnificent, the head waiter was superb, professional and helped us make the correct choices. We even tried the Green wine which was lovely. On day 3 we were moved back to the buffet restaurant, it was very nice but nowhere near as nice as the A la carte half board menu, we decided day 4 to dine at the marina for the rest of the trip.

My mother in law fell sick with a throat infection, Dina the fantastic Guest Relations Manager immediatly drove her to the clinic, she did all the translating and then accompanied us to the pharmacy, she is an assett to Hilton, everytime you see her she is smiling and the passion for her role and Hilton just oozes out of her, i can honestly say she made our holiday.

I have just read a review about Rubys bar, the bar is lovely, pricey but lovely, i have to admit i did find one or two of the bar staff unfriendly, this was the only area of the hotel i experienced this, an older gentlman with grey hair and glasses wasnt very friendly at all, the bar had a wheel you could spin when you spent over 20 euros, we knew nothing about this and when we asked him he couldnt really be bothered with it. I did however find another barman who knew his cocktails very well lovely. This bar makes the best cocktails we have ever had, i reiterate what everyone else says on trip advisor, try the home made tonice water....

The spa is magnificent, best we have been in, the only thing is the staff dont explain anything when you arrive, your robe, towel etc is in the locker and the locker key when you first use it very confusing, it would help if they explained this.

The Customer service in this hotel is second to none in our opinion and have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels, the Manager and DIna must be very very proud of this, it is clear why they have won awards, i took the time to ask Dina how she managed to have consistantly high Customer focused staff she repled simply i tell my Staff " a smile costs nothing", she also advised me that although she was off for the weekend all her staff are aware to call her mobile if a guest needs her! Amazing in my opinion!

The Hilton beach is lovely and very private, it has a small beach bar with cold drinks, snacks and limited food. It was complimentary with our Hhonours card.

The pool areas are lovely, my only concern are the beds are very close, i have a few bruises on my toes from walking past peoples beds, then again, it doesnt spoil anything!

We are going to book and return to the Hilton Vilamoura soon, in fact we cant wait! I wish this hotel had an executive lounge, this would make all the difference.

I must add the temperatures in Vilamoura this June were 40 degrees, it was boiling, the hotel remained cool and tranquil, reception area being a great place to sit and escape the sun on your ipad or read a book.

A lovely touch on the morning we left, our pick up was 0630 so we missed breakfast, Hilton provided us with a sandwich, coffee, fruit and croissant to take with us, it was a pleasent suprise at check out!

Book it, its lovely, i am now emailing the Chief Executive of Hilton regarding Dina and her team!

Room Tip: Pool rooms are beautiful, best weve stayed in, you wont be dissapointed!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank duffy722016
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much value your loyalty as a Hilton Gold Member and appreciate your very honest and detailed review about your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience and were impressed with the resort services and facilities. From the beautiful and spacious rooms, lovely pool areas, breakfast and à la carte dining to the magnificent spa and beach, it certainly seems we lived up to your expectations.

I do however regret that we fell short of the 5 point rating probably due to your disappointment with the buffet menu and inefficient service at the bar and spa. I’ve made a note of these shortcomings and will address them at our next management meeting for corrective action.

Last but not least, we are indeed proud of our staff and of course, Dina who completely won you over with her professionalism and radiant personality. They are an amazing team and truly committed to delivering exceptional service and ensuring that every Guest feels truly valued, respected and cared for. It is not surprising that she took such good care of your mother-in-law whom we hope has now fully recovered from her throat infection and will be able to join you on your next trip back to Vilamoura.

On behalf of the entire Team, please accept our heartfelt gratitude for your kind endorsement and we all very much look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again very soon.

Dinis Pires

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I regularly travel to the Algarve on business and when I need to 'overnight' this hotel has been my location of choice. As I have stayed here probably on a dozen occasions over the last few years I have got to know a number of the staff well, most of whom are delightful and very service focused. However during this stay I have encountered a very rude (new) Barman, who for whatever reason has chosen to ignore me whenever I visit the not inexpensive hotel bar. It is a shame that what is otherwise a well run establishment is let down by an individual such as this.
Otherwise the hotel offers good accommodation, great facilities and generally a high level of service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank EXEC45
Dear Guest,

We very much value your loyalty as a regular guest and appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our property.

I’m very pleased that we succeed each time in meeting your expectations and delivering high quality service, however it was with great concern that I learned of this unfortunate encounter with one of our staff members.

I sincerely apologise for the barman’s attitude and will address the matter urgently with the relevant manager for corrective action. Please be assured that we are committed to taking good care of our guests and making them feel valued and respected are at the heart of our efforts.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope this disappointing incident will not detract from your future stays at the Hilton Vilamoura.

Aberdeen
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived at the hotel and was told we had been upgraded to an apartment... unfortunately not as good as they made out... it was a self catering appartment a good distance from the main hotel. To far for a pregnant person (me) to waddle in the heat. We asked to be put back to the hotel where the rest of our family were staying.
We ended up being given the second bedroom of a family suit to stay in, far from the type of room we had originally booked.

It had transpired that although we had booked and paid for our stay 6 months before this party the hotel had reallocated us to a different hotel and split up our traveling group, so they could accommodate a very large party....
the party which then kept us up all night with its terrible loud music and had privately reserved the hotels bar. giving guests no choice but to go into the local town or sit in the hotel lobby.

In short this Hilton is not run the way of every other Hilton we have stayed in. No effort was made by the hotel staff to make up for our disappointing stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank michelle N
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was with great concern that I learned of the shortcomings in our service from your review on TripAdvisor regarding your holiday experience last September.

I would like to apologise for all the inconveniences caused by the room allocation and disturbance from the other guests during your stay.
I understand your disappointment and very much regret that we did not live up to your expectations of the Hilton brand.

Please be assured that we will continue to work hard to raise service standards and ensure all our guests have a positive holiday experience.

We hope that despite the disappointment on that occasion, you will return and give us another opportunity to restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

giant resort with great pools. lots of kids. kind of felt like I was at a Disney resort hotel. very nice but not typically what I am looking for in a small european town. lack of valet parking and a concierge service is a big negative. would not go back.

Room Tip: try to get one near the elevators as otherwise you are on a LONG hike to your room. this place is h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank clayton j
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

I regret the resort was not what you had expected and apologise for the shortcomings of our concierge service and unavailability of a valet attendant.

Nevertheless, your rating suggests that you were satisfied with the overall experience and we very much hope that you reconsider your decision and visit us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Really nice hotel especially the rooms - we booked a two bedroom apartment overlooking the pool. The rooms are excellent - nicely decorated and a really good size.

Facilities wise it's ok - one very formal restaurant that we didn't go in and a large buffet restaurant which is ok but is expensive for dinner. Pool bar is ok for lunch.

Facilities for kids are ok - nice playground but really reckon they could do more - maybe a pool table or a more child friendly bar area. The hotel is huge, especially reception, so reckon the could do something!

Shuttle bus is a nice touch but timing is everything!

Beach resort is also nice but bed costs 10 euros for half a day and the beach bar has a pretty limited menu.

Staff are excellent and service generally very good.

Would use again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Topnightout
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and writing about your experience on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased you enjoyed your holiday with your family and liked the accommodations and service. However, I can sense from your review that there is room for improvement in some areas, particularly the kids’ facility.
There is a pool table right next to the Rubi Bar and of course kids can use it if accompanied by an adult. Also, we will be opening the teenager arcade soon with activities more suited to older children.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you and your family again in the not too distant future.

New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are Hilton Grand Vacation Club members and decided to stay at the Hilton Vilamoura for a Portugal vacation. The Algarve coast is lovely. The Hilton Vilamoura is not on the water but is close and the hotel provides reliable service to the marina and beach and back. Warning! We drove to Vilamoura from Lisbon after just arriving in the country. We rented a car and GPS and the four of us ventured south to find the Hilton. After a few hours we were in Vilamoura and the GPS said, "you have arrived at your destination". Uh, no we hadn't. It seriously took us about two hours to find the Hilton. Our phone didn't work. We ended up at a car rental place with a very helpful young man who looked up the coordinates for the Hilton. We put them into the GPS and made our way to the Hilton. Thank you young, patient man at the car rental place in Vilamoura. So, if you are driving, be prepared. We had printed directions but many of the streets are unnamed. We enjoyed having the car for day trips to seaside towns. There is a very convenient parking garage under the hotel. OK, back to the hotel. We reserved a two bedroom condo. It was in the main part of the hotel and was convenient to all. The room was clean and comfortable but the beds were unnecessarily firm. Could have used more air conditioning, too. Bathrooms were lovely. All very comfortable. The pools are beautiful. We ate the breakfast buffet one morning and dinner buffet one evening and both were top notch. This is a beautiful resort and is very welcoming to families. I did not test out the spa. The marina area was fun in the evening for dinner, sangria, gelato. I had a health emergency while staying at the Hilton. The front desk person, Paolo (? I think that was his name) was wonderful. He knew right away where I should go and had a driver ready to take my hubby and me. It all worked out fine. Hope no one has such an emergency but it is nice to know that the Hilton is prepared for such a thing. The golf course looked nice but we didn't play. Enjoy your stay at the Hilton Vilamoura. I'd love to go back.

Room Tip: Our room faced the road. You may want to request to face the pool area or the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and the excellent endorsement on TripAdvisor.

Although you experienced some difficulty in finding the resort, I’m pleased we made an impression!
I also very much regret to learn of your health emergency but am very glad that we provided the necessary attention and care.
I’ve spoken to Paulo and thanked him for his support.

I trust you have fully recovered by now and hope you won’t have any trouble finding your way back to the Hilton Vilamoura on your future travels to Portugal.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Heading towards end of season , only one pool open, breakfast excellent choice, we had a 2 room suite, great size, several teething issues, no slippers or bathrobes ,ther arrived and looked like they were original ones from opening , .....very worn and tired,, no corkscrew in the kitchen, a must ?
Spa used but receptionist failed to run through the most benificial process, no towels provided.

Very bright and a good atmosphere in the hotel as two very large birthday parties were taking place, guests invited from all over the world.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor from last year’s experience at the Hilton Vilamoura.

I’m sorry to learn of your disappointment and apologise for the shortcomings in the service but please be assured that our team is working very hard to ensure that all our guests have a positive experience.

We hope that you will visit us again this year to see the improvements made since last September and thus give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our property.

Dinis Pires
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
#1 of 14 in Almancil
Vila Gale Ampalius
Vila Gale Ampalius
#9 of 36 in Vilamoura

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!