Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Prado Villas(Vilamoura)
Four Seasons Vilamoura(Vilamoura)
Rio Apartments(Vilamoura)
2,744 results
All reviewsrubi barromantic poolfamily suiteshuttle busbeach clubshuttle servicekids clubbuffet restaurantpool areamain poollovely hoteltwo bedroom apartmenthigh seasonfamily holidayshort breaksun loungersgreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I felt compelled to write my first ever review as I sit in my room on the last evening of my 11 night stay in the hotel after reading a few of the more negative reviews on here.

I have to say I was slightly surprised and can't help but feel that some people too easily let minor grievances get in the way of them enjoying themselves! Personally I couldnt find many faults with this hotel. The sun lounger issue seems to be people's biggest issue & is something I am, perhaps, not qualified to comment too much on as we went to the beach most mornings and returned to the pool for a late afternoon dip at which point there were plenty of beds available. Any morning we did go to the pool we went up to the smaller 'romantic pool' where we always found two beds, I understand that if you are travelling with a larger family it would be more difficult than traveling in a couple but I can only comment on my own experience.

We found the service at the beach to be excellent and couldn't complain too much about having to wait for the, free and regular, shuttle to come. Being prompted to join the honours club at check-in was great considering that we went to the beach everyday meaning the sun beds down there came free with a snack and bottle of water (minor grievance is that the bottles of water were very small but it was free...!).

Staff at the hotel were truly excellent. Any time I had a query or problem it was dealt with extremely efficiently and in general I found the staff to be extremely friendly and professional. From the reception staff to the people handing out towels we were always greeted with a smile which, after staying in nice hotels previously wheee smiles were a rarity, was much welcomed.

Our room, while not pool facing, was spacious, stylish and clean with an beautiful view of the sunset. The pay per view movie service on the television didn't appear to be working during our stay, this may have annoyed a family with children hungry for entertainment.

We had no meals other than breakfast at the hotel which we found excellent. We avoided queuing in the mornings by not arriving at peak times (which are signalled by the hotel by signs in the lifts) - an amazingly simple solution to a problem that seems to have upset some people. Any time we did queue it was never for long and the breakfast made up for the wait. The egg chefs in particular to a great job.

I noticed another guest commenting on the yoga class and while I agree that it was excellent I'm afraid I can't agree with the proposition that it was relaxing, as someone who is physically very fit I found it very strenuous, my girlfriend who regularly practices yoga also said it was a tough class, still though, I enjoyed it a lot!

The only problem that I'd highlight is that travelling from the marina back to the hotel at night is difficult after the last shuttle at 22.10. Taxis are a big problem in vilamoura as there are far too few to feed the huge demand and we ended up walking a couple of times which was fine for a young couple as it isn't actually that far but again a young family might feel under pressure to finish dinner early to ensure a place on the last bus rather than queuing for an hour or two for a taxi. It is a free service offered by the hotel but it is one offered out of necessity due to the hotels location and consideration should be afforded to extending the service slightly later into the night - I am certain the demand is there for it. Personally I would have happily paid (taxi prices!) for the service if offered later into the night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben G
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We feel very honoured that you chose to write your first review ever about your recent stay at our property!

With the exception of the strenuous yoga class and shuttle times at night, I trust you had a truly excellent experience as you have so coherently described in this truly wonderful review. Please be assured we are committed to making the necessary changes in order to improve the guest experience and will definitely consider your valuable feedback moving forward.

We thank you again for your kind endorsement and hope you feel compelled to return to the Hilton Vilamoura on many more occasions.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Returned yesterday from 15 night stay with my husband and 2 children (6&8). Lots of positives about the hotel - staff are all lovely and so hard working, the hotel is immaculately clean and the beach area is beautiful. Our two bed apartment within the hotel was a fantastic size and really well equipped - could not be faulted in my opinion. HOWEVER, due to the huge issues around the pool, which many reviewers have already mentioned, we didn't use the pools at all. We paid a lot of money for our one family holiday of the year and neither I or my husband wanted to enter the daily sunbed scrum. We were perfectly happy to visit the beautiful beach on a daily basis (and the hotel have responded to feedback re pool by offering hilton honours membership and therefore free sun beds at beach) but we estimated that we spent between 1 and 2 hours a day waiting for buses. I don't want to spend my holiday queuing, especially not when some guests took it upon themselves to ignore the queue and barge their way on regardless. We were up early for breakfast and therefore avoided that particular issue, otherwise queuing time per day could have been 30 mins more! Not sure what can be done about the pool issue - can't see much more room to expand - but the queuing for buses could be easily resolved by using larger vehicles and/or having them operate on a continual loop rather than half-hourly. Like others, would re-visit vilamoura as it's a great town did the people are very friendly but think it unlikely we'd go back to the hilton.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Krm1968

Dear Guest,

Although you were impressed with the resort facilities and friendly staff, I regret that the sunbed situation and waiting times for the bus to the beach detracted from an otherwise enjoyable holiday.

Your suggestion to get a larger bus and increase frequency of trips to the beach/marina is something we will definitely consider in our future plans to meet demand.

I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to enhance the guest experience and hope you will consider staying with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for 7 night and really enjoyed our stay. After reading some recent reviews just before we went I was worried, but once we got there the check in was smooth, the rooms were nice and it was a lovely hotel.

A nice selection for breakfast for provided.

A lot of people have been complaining about queues for the bus (an additional bus was used in the evenings) to the marina and for breakfast, we were there at the beginning of August and did not have any issues with queues.

Getting a sunbed in the mornings was an issue, as some people would leave their towels and disappear for most of the day. There are notices around the pool, but people do not take any notice of them.

We will definitely be going back to this hotel in the future.

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay pleasant and for the special cake for my OH birthday.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SEP8001

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and writing about your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your week’s stay at our resort and were particularly impressed with the rooms and breakfast. Although you mention it was hard to get a sunbed in the morning, we’re glad you didn’t experience any queues at breakfast or for the shuttle.

Thank you for your kind comments and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a very nice modern and clean Hilton. Above standard of some older Hilton hotels I have stayed at over the years. Travelled my 2 adults and 1 child (teenager) so two rooms are a must. Selected a pool view suite. Very nice large room both with a balcony overlooking the pool. (Upgraded due to diamond status). Rooms have good amenities and nice bathrooms. Wifi in the room.

Nice buffet style breakfast with a large range of fresh products and the option to have the cheif cook fresh omelets. We sat outside all days and apprat from some other tables smoking it was a nice way to start the day.

Spa pools nice free for gold and diamond hilton Member

Beach club nice food cheaper that hotel Restaurant prices for the same thing although limited menu. Beware beach not busy by shuttles can be likewise evening shuttle to the marina can be very busy. But a taxi is only about 5€

Smoking in all public areas should be banded and strictly enforced. Including the bar terrace the outside areas of the restaurant an round the pool. As a focused family resort it is about time the hilton brought in this policy.

The Rubi bar prices are bit steep bit it is a five star hotel service good also be a bit hit and miss on some evenings. But personally we went out most nights to the marina and the choice of restaurants is very good. See my later reviews but the NuZu Chinese is excellent (booking early recommended even before you travel)

One big downside (and now a feature of most other reviews) is the situation with the loungers are the main pool. The week were that are the start of the summer was not to busy but it was already becoming and issue. If you want a lounger at the main pool you have to que at 8:30am and reserve one. Personally i hate this type of behavior on holiday and did not become involved. We we went to the pool after breakfast at around 10:00 NOTHING was left and it was also clear that loungers were not occupied for long periods. On the occasion we did get a spare lounger we had to share 2 between three at times and sometimes 1 between 3. The pool staff really need to be empowered to remove towels etc after a reasonable period of un-use. Hilton management please do something about this.
Our response was go the the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Andrew C
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Although you were impressed with the nice, modern and clean hotel facilities, above the normal standard, I regret how negatively the sunbed situation affected your overall experience.

I’m very pleased you were impressed with the rooms and amenities, breakfast buffet, spa pools, beach club and service at the Rubi bar. I only wished more guests would take the same approach as you did with the sunbeds at the pool. However, since you visited in July, we have been taking steps to improve the setup and I’m optimistic the situation will soon be under control.

As regards the smoking policy, I fully understand how inconvenienced non-smokers can be even in outdoor public areas. This is not the first time we’ve received this criticism and will certainly be something worth promoting.

Please be assured that we are fully committed to improving the guest experience and hope to see you and your family back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

On arrival the porter was straight away very attentive, but no reception drink was offered.

Didn't get the early check in or upgrade we had hoped for, however we understand that is due to the busy time of year.
Our room was a good size and cleaned well, however one day it was nearly 5pm before it was ready.

We did find the reception team very helpful and attentive.

The marina is about 15 minutes walk, pleasant stroll through gardens, however we did use the courtesy busses to and from the beach and marina most days.
These most of the time were efficient, but the coach provided seemed to stop service early evening, which was very busy most evenings and was a long wait whilst the hotels mini bus went back and fourth to collect.

The hotel itself for us as a family, was not what we'd hoped for. It didn't feel homely, or family friendly even though it's classed as a family hotel. I'd say it's more suited to business and golf guests.
We purely used it as a base to wash, eat and sleep as the pool area felt small and cramped and
Subbed situation is clearly a major problem, even though the 30 minute rule is introduced (apparently), however we did not see any signs or any staff monitoring this.
Breakfast was tasty, but I feel there could be more selection.
The beach is very pleasent, with towels and snacks provided.

We did not eat or drink in the hotel restsurants as drinks and food are hugely inflated, the rubi bar is not very inviting and moscasda to me feels like a school canteen.

Sadly we won't be returning to hilton as it's not the hotel for us as a family, however villamoura and the beach is beautifull and we will return to the area, but try different acomadation.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank mopsychip

Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura on your summer holiday but very much regret that it was not what you expected and therefore won’t be returning.

We very much appreciate your understanding regarding the early check in and upgrade which we were unable to grant you due to the busy time of year. Despite the many negative points which I have duly noted, I’m pleased that the staff, accommodations, shuttle service and beach facility were to your satisfaction.

I sincerely regret that our facilities and services were not suited to your needs as a family and that we didn’t succeed in providing you with a more enjoyable stay.

Please be assured that we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to enhance the guest experience and hope you will consider staying with us again at some point in the future.