“Great golf course, great service.”
Review of Pinhal Golf Course

Pinhal Golf Course
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This course is a little hilly but all of the holes are a pleasure to play.

The staff at this course do a great job of looking after you on arrival and offer a free club cleaning service when you finish your round (it's always worth tipping a few euros though).

Reviewed 21 April 2014

the course was in excellent condition, greens were nice - but they were a little inconsistent with the speed.
short course for good golfers with small flatfish greens - tree lined fairways were the courses only defence. perfect for the medium range skilled golfer.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have just returned after a week in vilamoura staying at the lovely 4 seasons. The only down side of our holiday was the golf. I won't rant too much but I am very disappointed. With My son who is 7 I went to arrange our golf in the pro shop when a very abrupt lady pointed to my seven year old like he was dirt and told him he couldn't play because he needed a handicap. I did try and explain although he doesn't have his handicap, he was an excellent golfer playing in many Scottish championships and frankly he could hit it better than some of the hackers we could see on the driving range! I returned to the hotel and emailed Peter Lester the so called professional telling him our experience and disgust at how we were treated. His wife called our apartment and had a long chat, overall the outcome was my 7 year old could play and they charged him the same price as an adult €46 (after
5pm). I am disgusted how this course has treated a keen progressive junior player and to top it all the greens were awful. 5 of them were covered in sand and frankly they should have been dropping the round rates right down, it wasn't even worth €20! Unfortunately for the Four Seasons which is a great hotel this would put us off as a family returning.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

really enjoyed this,accuracy is the watch word here, the greens were a little hairy on some and not on others,they putted very differently,but the layout is great.

1  Thank ian p
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Second time playing this course. Excellent facilities, lovely staff but the course has gone backwards since my last visit, two years ago. This is a course that demands accuracy off the tee (a lot of trees) but maybe it was just the wrong week because the greens were not in great shape which was disappointing. There are new greens being put in place and hopefully these will work out.