“The best Cataplana and pate in Vilamoura”
Review of Casa do Pescador

Casa do Pescador
Ranked #28 of 191 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The best Cataplana and pate in Vilamoura”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

If you love Cataplana and a home made pate, this is the place for you.
The pate in the couvert is home made and absolutely delicious.
Follow this by a Cataplana for two in a copper pot and you will be in heaven. Multiple shellfish, fish and pork meat in a rich bisque sauce make the fresh bread rolls essential.
Washed down with a reasonably priced and tasty Portuguese red will make this a meal to remember.
A second visit during my stay in Vilamoura was a must.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Just across the road from our apartment so went there on first night. My wife loves fish & they had fresh fish on ice at the door. Both of us loved our meals. I had a kebab & my wife had a salmon steak. Under €40 for both of us with a bottle of wine & coffee. Staff were very pleasant & attentive.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank EKCol11
“My Favourite Joint in Vilamoura”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

First night in Vilamoura walking along the marina and approached by several flyers for Indian, Thai and Chinese finally Portuguese (despite the man being Nepalese) he took us to the square behind the Marina. First drinks were free. The waitress was charming and spoke very good English. She offered me half a portion of the Fisherman Cataplana as my daughter wanted Sol. It is a dish of several fish, mussels, crab leg, prawns all served in a delicious gravy in a bronze pot (Cataplana). It was delicious. The whole meal came to €31 so I was even more delighted as I know some restaurants extort people. The waitress even helped me with the crab leg. We went back there on our last night and had the same dish and loved it just as much as the first time.

2 Thank Nat S
Preston, United Kingdom
“nice fish”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Best fish I add in vilamoura The staff are helpful and take good care of u I also reccomend the steak surf and turf very nice this restaurant should be ranking a lot higher than it is

Visited April 2014
“Great find- wished we gone back for a second visit”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

First the confession - we never set out to eat at this restaurant. We were headed for the place next door and turned up only to find that it wasn't open on the day we went. It was raining and we didn't want to walk to find anywhere else so we gave the Casa Do Pescador a try. We did not regret it.
The service was fantastic and the waiters were attentive without being intrusivve. We both have food allergies and often explaining these to waiting staff can be an issue - not so here. They listened and recommended and ensured nothing was an issue. The wine choices presented to us were based on what we said we liked not what was most expensive or they were trying to get rid of. The main waiter looking after us was delighted we were trying to learn some Portuguese and was happy to help us learn some new words and phrases.
The food was lovelyand the pace of service was spot on - sometimes when a place is quiet they can be a bit too quick in some restaurants.
The only regret was that with so much choice in the Old Town we only ate here once in the week we were there.

• Visited February 2014