“Fantastic Italian restaurant”

Ranked #16 of 197 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This restaurant had been recommended by a portugese colleague and didn't disappoint.

We ate here 6 times in 11 nights!!

Great pasta and seafood would highly recommend.

Whilst always busy the staff were always friendly and efficient.

The deck is really nice to eat on overlooking the marina.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

For a good number of years this restaurant has been my absolute favourite in Vilamoura. On our recent trip we ate here twice.

The first time on our recent visit everything excellent as normal, the 2nd time was a little disappointing. Let me be clear though, on both visits the food was delicious as usual. It was our waiter who disappointed us. I ordered a bottle of wine, which upon drinking actually had cork floating in it. I called the waiter over and VERY politely asked him to change it as due to the cork - which was very visibly floating in the wine. No complaining or fuss, just please change it. He said of course. And that really was his last conversation with us except when he was forced to speak to us. He delivered both our starters and mains (for which we said thank you) and then stomped off. On both occasions we had to get the attentions of other waiters/waitresses for black pepper and any time my husband or daughter wanted drinks (I was the only one drinking the wine).

Now you pay a lot of money to eat here and truth be told he spoilt it. He wouldn't even look at us. Clearly I deeply offended him re: the wine or he was having a bad day. We also did something we never ever do - we didn't leave a tip!!!

So in summary, food delicious and because its one of my favourite places I will go again, but I will ensure he is NOT our waiter.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had dinner here with my family, and that was all 13 of us, which included 2 toddlers, 3 vegetarians. Got here pretty early so was not too busy and the the staff were very welcoming. Once settled and ordered our starters and drinks could tell this was a popular restaurant as it started to get very busy. Staff were buzzing around looking after people, and were very helpful when it came to ordering mains, knew the dishes well which made things easier. We all had a mixture of pizzas, pastas, specialty chicken dishes, and lets just say that no one was disappointed.
In a nut shell Il Lamparo is a great place and you wont be disappointed! Just wished I had come here on my previous 2 visits to Vilamoura...

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a Fabulous table on the outside decking with a view of the boats and people watching !whilst we waited for the excellant Italian food.. Great steaks, great fish, great pizza, great pasta with excellent service..Visited the Restuarant twice during our stay and we will be back next year
Forgot to mention my wife loved the wine! :-)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

During our second trip to the Algarve over a three week period we came here three times with a family of seven. Let me first say that the food each visit was excellent, in short Il Lamparo is a top notch Italian restaurant. Their pizzas are fantastic, they have the best Fiorentina pizza I have ever had. The meat main courses are always well cooked and spiced, and in general very good. And like any good Italian restaurant, the desserts are phenomenal. (Get something that has their chocolate sauce, they know how to make it right!) The atmosphere is a little hectic, although it has improved significantly since last year. You will often find waiters running past your table due to the size of the restaurant and the amount of customers that will eat there. During the high tourist season it is typically full towards the end of the night. They also try to get you to order as fast as possible and normally bring the starters out not much longer after ordering. Last year, they would have the main courses ready by the time you finished your starters without leaving you the time to really enjoy the location and the time spent with family and friends. This year, however, they give you more breathing space, a bit more time to enjoy the occasion without paying the price of lesser quality food.