“July 2014 visit”

Ranked #78 of 196 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bocca della verita is the oldest Italian restaurant in Vilamoura been serving freshly prepared Italian dishes for 28 years including pastas ,pizzas,meat,chicken,fish,seafood,vegeterian,kinds menus desserts we are proud of our vast list of clients both portuguese and europeans thanks for your costume the managment
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Watch out for the draft beer. Super Bock draft glass had sediments floating and residual on bottom of glass. When I queried this, the answer that this was normal---not acceptable. I had a glass of same down the street later and no sediment!
The staff were pleasant but could do with some training in customer relations.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Sorry guys you had a nightmare! We'll put it down to a bad day at the office and to be fair they didn't charge us for our mains after complaining.
2 guys thrusted leaflets at us on entering the square with the promise of a free drink! (Not why we went-we just fancied an Italian).
Didn't start well when I had to go and ask for menus after 10 mins but after having starters a mere 55 mins passed before enough was enough-when asked as to the whereabouts of our mains the look of shock on the waiters face told us we'd been forgotten about. I could picture the scene in the kitchens-quick get that food in the microwave!! A red hot on the outside and cold in the middle lasagne arrived 10 minutes later accompanied by a less than crispy pizza, we did our best to make the best of a bad scenario but it really was bad!!
We had a chat with the lovely waitress who admitted a staff shortage and the manager came over with apologies so credit to them for that.
They've earned some good reviews on here so benefit of the doubt could be given.
Do yourselves a favour - don't bother with the leaflet men around the corner-they'd be better used for staff shortages! Which reminds me, we never did get that free drink.

1  Thank Glenn D
santosreiki_rs, Proprietário at Bocca Della Verita, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Glenn thank for your review even there is nothing positive to cheer its a fact that some nights due to the way costumers arrive at the restaurant we struggle and stretch to a limit that in some case crosses the line of acceptance I can only apologize to you for not given the attention that we do to 98% of our costumer I've inquirer with the staff and apparently one of the tout must forgot to tell a waiter upon your arrival which explains due to be busy you dint get the menus in time after that went down Hill wend the waiter who took the order got distracted with other orders and as a human not only he forgot to enter your order we also forgot to enter one lasagna and finally wend someone notice add pass 30 minutes the reason u waited 55 minutes was exactly this is not your fault is one of those things that some time happens and as much as I try to prevented there are days wend we all have a bad day in the office in this case u was the victim the only thing I can say in my difference is we serve 1000.s of clients on the summer season and we try to give the freshest food we can provide most of our clients return at least once during holiday with so much competition around I can truly say I'm proud of the food and services which you unfortunately dint have it I hope if u come across us again gives a try we will try to at least compensate your ordeal with a proper verita food and service

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After been pestered many a time by the restaurant touts on the road side we decided to give it a go and got marched up to the square to the bocca, Sat outside as it was a lovely night and ordered some drinks whilst looking at the menu. We waited..... And waited......and waited 45 mins sitting with no drinks. At this point the kids were starving and if we had to wait this long for drinks it gave us no confidence that the food would be prompt!

Few days later we decided to eat " humble pie " and try it again after having taken many a leaflet from the tout only to be totally ignored at the door by the waitress then when we finally caught the Eye of another guy he told us we couldn't go in. It was around 9.30 the restaurant WASN'T full but they clearly wanted to get cleared up and prob go home. I have many friends that travel to vilamora over the year and this restaurant will def NOT get my reccommendation as I find it despicable the service that we prob didn't get!!!!!

1  Thank cheryl08-10
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Set in one of squares off the Marina we had a very good meal at a very good price. Nice staff, nice atmosphere. A most pleasant experience.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were disappointed when we went for a meal. The spaghetti dish we had had no flavour and was basically just spaghetti with a few large pieces of garlic and chili thrown in. Lasagne was nice although the portion was rather small. The pizzas we saw also looked quite small. Would definitely recommend il trio over this for anyone wanting to go for a nice Italian meal.