“Consistently very good and fun.”

Ostra D' Ouro Restaurant Grill
Ranked #37 of 200 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visit the "Big Beer" restaurant twice on each of our trips for the last 4 years and did not recognise its real name. Ask Artur, Paulo or Victor the very friendly owners why they call it "Big Beer". These guys give everyone personal attention and love to have fun but their food is very serious. Excellant starters, the grilled fish- sea bass and sole are our favourites - is always straight out of the ocean and excellantly grilled and presented, steaks are consistently good - evrything we have had has been GREAT! I heard comments about pricey but everything in Vilamoura, particularly near the marina IS. However, this is quality food and very good value. Good fun, great food, good atmosphere a must do for us!! Great job guys.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

In 3 visits to the country and dozens of bars and restaurants, this is undoubtedly the best! Great food (Chateaubriand is incredible as is the Cataplana), the most incredible beer glasses you've ever seen, quirky environment (full of fish tanks) and funny, attentive service.

Brilliant atmosphere and a great meal.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Attentive service from the outset and nothing seemed too much trouble as we have 2 young kids. Food was first class nice breads with different spreads. Food was excellent - whole sea bass was first class. However it is pricey! Guess you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I had a beef fillet with fried potatoes, bottle of recommended wine, sardine paste and bread starter, ice creek and Creme brûlée, and coffee to finish.The restaurant was very busy but staff were very attentive and we did not have to wait for anything. Excellent service, excellent food, great atmosphere. Typical Vilamoura cost. For a special night it cannot be beaten.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We haven't been to Vilamoura for about five years but my wife is always going on about how nice the lamb stew is here, it's her best ever. We headed off to this restaurant and I was really hoping it was going to be as good as she remembered lucky for me it was still as good as it was. I had the sea bass and it was very very good, our friends also really enjoyed there food they had, and my mate also enjoyed the large beers. My only thing is I find the tables too close together but on this occasion we made sure we booked and picked the table we wanted. Buy doing this for me it was much better. The staff are very good and cheerful. Now back home my wife is still talking about the stew so will see you next year.

1  Thank Sean163