As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Vila Gale Marina(Vilamoura)
US$123
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Vila Gale Ampalius(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$135
US$163
US$154
US$205
US$199
CrownePlaza.com
Very Good 4/5
Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$205
US$248
US$232
Great 4.5/5
Four Seasons Vilamoura(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$133
Agoda.com
US$310
US$283
  • Pool
All reviewshilton hotelbed apartmentindoor heatedcomfortable couchgreat facilities for kidshilton breakfastwasher dryershuttle busfree sun bedshotel buffetbeautiful apartmentgreat resortkids clubfantastic selectionchanging facilitiesshuttle service to the beachhired a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at the Hilton As Cascatas resort between the 29th August and 6th September 2011. On arrival we were met by extremely courteous staff. We were dropped off outside the Hilton hotel and not the apartments by mistake (only 1 minute away). The staff immediately provided us with a minibus and bellboys to take our luggage to the apartment. We had a 2 bed apartmet for 3 of us overlooking the pool, which could have slepped 6 at a push. The cleanliness and fittings were second to none. We even had 4 plasma TV's....yes 4!!!!
The Hilton is a little further away from Vilamours than others, we walked it in 25 minutes. This is negated by the fact that the bus offers regular buses to their private beach in the day, and to the marina between 7-9pm.
We tried many restaurants but would like to recommend the following. On the marina itself 'Lamparos' for italian and 'Mayflower' more international, main courses are around £20. Just behind the marina you may find better value, the pick being 'Il Trio' opposite the taxi rank on the first floor (italian), and Tai Tai next door on the same floor. My favourite overall was Tai Tai because of the quality and service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nigel w
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Would agree with the majority of the posts about the Resort Apartments and it was very nice, and we had an extremely well appointed apartment however it does have some basic drawbacks that it is only right to point out (IMO)

1. It IS a 30 minute walk to the Marina, but it is a pleasant walk as well if you miss out on the Hilton Shuttle Bus due to lack of available seats
2. The NEAREST supermarket (small convenience store really) is a 15 minute walk out of the Hilton front entrance, turn left, bear slightly right on the road to the Marina, past the Atlantic Apartments on your left, turn left on to the E.U.A road, 300mtrs on your left, it opens at 09.00
3. The Pool Bar at the apartments was badly manned, sporadically opened and closed at 5pm pronto......apparently managed and serviced by Hilton
4. The pool at the apartments was meant to be open until 8pm, no chance, the sun beds went away at 6pm, with the bar closing at 5pm no chance of a late lingering refresher before dinner..........apparently the pool service was also managed by Hilton....bit of a theme here it felt like it was severely Understaffed
5. Get in early for your sun bed, the Hilton Hotel pool area gets busy and the overflow finds its way to the Apartment pool, fair enough, it could be the other way round
6. Big gripe I had was that the bar area in the Hilton was teeming every night with children which was unfair on them, they clearly had nowhere else to be entertained where the parents could also have a drink, a seperate bar area where parents and kids could have suitable entertainment would be a good idea that way adults can have a drink in relative peace and the kids can have some fun and us older ones can have a drink in peace

All in all the place was quite nice but the mix of hotel and apartments, especially at the cost, is just not right

Instead of heading for the Marina a nice diversion at the rear of the complex on Rua do Brazil is:

A nice Michelin Star restaurant "Willies's" the food and service was very good, be prepared to shell out a few Euro's though cos it ain't cheap but it is a nice holiday treat

A nice little bar on the same block as Willies was the Liquor Lounge, serving Morrocan food and reasonably priced drinks, nice staff and good ambience

Would we go back, absolutely but better prepared and ready to complain when the Bar isn't open on time and they want to whip the sunbed from under my feet before the sun sets

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank keredewor
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We found the whole experience to be first class.

We stayed for 7 nights 19th - 26th July 2011

We were checked in by Hugo who was very informative and took his time to explained everything to us.

The apartments we stayed in (2 1 beds and 1 2 bed) where all just fantastic, apartment 115 was our apartment it overlook the pool area was very spacious and included everything you could need for a holiday.

The Hilton buffet breakfast was first class every morning without fail, we were greeted most mornings by Dina who was very friendly and cheerful every morning and took the time to chat to us when it was obviously she was very busy, all staff in the breakfast restaurant where very good as soon as you finished a course the plater/bowl was cleared ready for the next one :)

We found the reception staff to be very informative and very helpful especally Cristina who help us out plenty of times with a smile and friendly approach.

The overall experience was one of first class service and a luxury feel, we will return soon!

Room Tip: Just e mail and ask
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank djc320
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in one of the apartments at the resort for a week in mid June 2011.
First the good stuff:
The apartment was fabulous with a large lounge, separate kitchen, good bedroom and big bathroom (with two sinks - yey!) and a balcony which linked the lounge, kitchen and bedroom. There was air conditioning in the room and a tv which had BBC1 and BBC News (but no other UK channels). It was also very nice to have housekeeping services despite being in an apartment.
The pools are fantastic and the one which is for the apartments was pretty quiet when we were there though there were lots of families with young children if that bothers you - we quite like it as it gives you something to watch in the pool! There's a jacuzzi at the end of the pool too. I've read other reviews which say that the pool temperature is cold and it's not hot but actually the weather was so hot it was nice to cool down or to sit on the edge dangling a toe to regulate temperature.
The Hiton facilities are very nice and there are lots of pools in that part of the complex these are probably a bit more aimed at families though. We enjoyed Rubi bar and L'Aquilla poolside restaurant. I note that others have said that the food was very expensive in the hotel. It was, given the weakness of the pound at the moment, but we didn't find restaurants off the resorts any cheaper.
I had a facial in the spa which was wonderful but pricey - though no more than in other hotels of a similar quality.

So for the bad...
It was such a shame that the service we received from the reception was poor. I'd assumed from other Trip Advisor reviews that complimentary water was provided in the apartments - it wasn't - so on the first day we asked where the nearest supermarket was and were directed to one which was a very long walk (approx 25-30mins in the heat) and was all on roads with a heavy camber and no pavements. 3 or 4 days later I spotted one MUCH nearer to the apartments on Rua del U.E.A. (if memory serves) probably about 10-15 mins walk and it was a better supermarket and a better walk.
My husband had only brought an iPad to use for work while we were away and when we asked about wifi were told there was only hard-wired broadband in the apartments, this was very cheap at 5 Euros but totaly useless to us. Again, 3 or 4 days later we noticed someone using a laptop, iPhone and iPad in the Hilton bar and so we asked at the Hilton reception and they told us that they did indeed have wifi. This was more expensive than the broadband (17 Euros I think with a discount for a week) but still would have helped us out had we been told by the reception on the first day. It wouldn't be a problem for us to sit in the bar or by the pool to use it!
In April (2 months before our trip) I booked a three hour golf lesson for my husband and a facial for me at the same time - I did this by contacting the reception at As Cascatas. They told me it was all booked and that the golf was at 10 and my facial at 11. We double checked the timings on the day and my husband left me by the pool while he went for his lesson, only to return with the news that the golf course was closed until 4 days after we returned home! He checked with the reception who sent him to the golf shop to see the professional who was nowhere to be found so no lesson was had. No one contacted us to see if we wanted to rearrange the lesson or offered any apology for what had happened. I arrived for my facial at 11am to be told that this had actually been booked in at 10.00!! luckily there was a free therapist who could do my treatment. It may be that the reception had booked these correctly but told us the incorrect times but still not quite the polish you would like from a 5* resort.
It was also disappointing that the main restaurant in the Hilton was closed during our stay so all that was on offer in the evening was the snacks in the Rubi bar and a buffet meal in another restaurant which we did not try.

Vilamoura Marina
Contrary to most of the reviews I read we found that the walk into the marina was definitely 30mins not 15 or 20 as many people said and we didn't walk slowly! The marina itself was lovely very large - much bigger than I had expected - and it was spotlessly clean as were all of the bars we went into. We went to the Mayflower one evening which was ok but overpriced in my opinion and to a restaurant on the corner of the marina near an Italian restaurant another which was well placed to sit at the water's edge and the food was nice.
Due to the distance and one or two health issues I was experiencing we then chose to stay at the apartment for most of our holiday eating in L'Aquilla at lunch and Rubi in the evening which was lovely. The Hilton staff were very good and attentive and made a mean bloody Mary!
There is a michellen starred restaurant called Willies which is very close to the apartments which we would definitely try next time.

Overall, we had a lovely holiday and the facilities and surroundings were fabulous it was just a shame that the service in the apartments let the place down a little. We will definitely return just a little wiser next time !

I think if you have kids with you and want to go to the beach and eat in quite a bit then a car is a must too.

Room Tip: we were in room 101 which was lovley and near to the pool etc and had sun on the balcony in the late afternoon and evening.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EEY
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Brilliant apartments next door to the Hilton but with access to all the Hilton facilities, would highly recommend for a family holiday. There are apartments in the Hilton as well but we would recommend these as a better option. The apartment was of a high standard, very spacious and very well equiped. We also requested a pool side apartment so that we had easy access to the pool, perfect with little ones. We were glad we hired a car to access the marina/beach and supermarket but shuttle bus is available from the Hilton. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family