We stayed in this resort in August. My sister in law payed on arrival for 2 appartments and 2 hotel rooms for the 2 weeks. We got a recipt for it. I was staying at the Cascatas appartments.
Housekeeping was very poor.
Kid’s club a joke. Boring and lazy. We never asked the money back, but should have. I have witnessed children coming out of the pool freezing and no one in the kids club giving them a towel. The staff was “tidying up the pool”!
Restaurant: they had an offer pay 3 dinners get 1 free. We paied 4 diners, why did no one give us the 1 for free?
The only thing left to do when you are in the middle of no where is enjoy the fabulous pools!
The night before leaving my husband goes to reception to pay for the “extras.”
He gets charged 5 nights for one child’s extra bed…Hadn’t we paied everything? They said someone made a mistake adding up the bill. My sister in law, receipt in hand, asks to speak to the manager. He will be here tomorrow morning at 8. At 3.20 a.m my husband and I and our 4 children go to reception to meet our taxi. The employee asks us to wait and won’t open the gate to let the taxi in! He only opens when a desk man from the Hilton arrives. This man presents us the bill again. I tell him my sister in law, who is still in the hotel, will speak to the manager tomorrow morning to undertand what happened. He tells me “it’s very simple, you paied for this but not for the 5 nights”. Maybe I should have told him the nights in question were for a FILTHY sofa bed that in 14 days had never seen clean bed sheets? For a 5 year old? Instead I said “I don’t have the receipts, I have to catch a plane! We already agreed that my sister in law will settle this tomorrow morning with the manager!” No one moves a finger to help us out, or says thankyou for having stayed 4 families 14 days in their hotel! Paied in advance!
So my husband and I carry 4 big bags, 2 buggies, 4 smaller bags and 4 crying children to the taxi on our own. While the Hilton Cascatas employee looks us straight in the eye, arms folded, legs apart as if we were thieves! This was our HONORED exit from the Hilton! After paying 500 euros a day per room! Needless to say the next day they threated to call the police if the 300 euros were not paied immediatley. So, my sister in law paied rather than miss the plane.
I feel bullied and disappointed! We would have been better treated in a prison!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5-star Suite complex is located in Vilamoura, with the Largest and most Luxury Suites in Vilamoura, within a unique resort set in five hectares of gardens, featuring three onsite restaurants, bars, kids club, six pools, a semi-indoor pool, Golf simulator, fitness centre, tennis and occasional live entertainment. Enjoy all the homely comforts in your Suite while having access to the service and facilities provided by one of the world’s leading luxury international hotel chains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- As Cascatas Hotel
- As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve