“Be Careful”

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Roma, Italia
“Be Careful”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed in this resort in August. My sister in law payed on arrival for 2 appartments and 2 hotel rooms for the 2 weeks. We got a recipt for it. I was staying at the Cascatas appartments.
Housekeeping was very poor.
Kid’s club a joke. Boring and lazy. We never asked the money back, but should have. I have witnessed children coming out of the pool freezing and no one in the kids club giving them a towel. The staff was “tidying up the pool”!
Restaurant: they had an offer pay 3 dinners get 1 free. We paied 4 diners, why did no one give us the 1 for free?
The only thing left to do when you are in the middle of no where is enjoy the fabulous pools!
The night before leaving my husband goes to reception to pay for the “extras.”
He gets charged 5 nights for one child’s extra bed…Hadn’t we paied everything? They said someone made a mistake adding up the bill. My sister in law, receipt in hand, asks to speak to the manager. He will be here tomorrow morning at 8. At 3.20 a.m my husband and I and our 4 children go to reception to meet our taxi. The employee asks us to wait and won’t open the gate to let the taxi in! He only opens when a desk man from the Hilton arrives. This man presents us the bill again. I tell him my sister in law, who is still in the hotel, will speak to the manager tomorrow morning to undertand what happened. He tells me “it’s very simple, you paied for this but not for the 5 nights”. Maybe I should have told him the nights in question were for a FILTHY sofa bed that in 14 days had never seen clean bed sheets? For a 5 year old? Instead I said “I don’t have the receipts, I have to catch a plane! We already agreed that my sister in law will settle this tomorrow morning with the manager!” No one moves a finger to help us out, or says thankyou for having stayed 4 families 14 days in their hotel! Paied in advance!
So my husband and I carry 4 big bags, 2 buggies, 4 smaller bags and 4 crying children to the taxi on our own. While the Hilton Cascatas employee looks us straight in the eye, arms folded, legs apart as if we were thieves! This was our HONORED exit from the Hilton! After paying 500 euros a day per room! Needless to say the next day they threated to call the police if the 300 euros were not paied immediatley. So, my sister in law paied rather than miss the plane.
I feel bullied and disappointed! We would have been better treated in a prison!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Int_Woddlers
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Dea Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.
As I'm sure this is a huge misunderstanding, I take this opportunity to explain some points raised.
As it was explained by my colleague at check in and again at check out, on your booking confirmation clearly stated the daily amount of the additional bed which is a normal procedure in any tourist hotel or/and resort. Also, I was informed by the receptionist that you informed on check out that you had no longer cash available to pay for the extra bed that was used and, as I could confirm, made daily as well as linen changed twice during your stay.
With regards to the gate, as per our security reasons the gate remains closed between 2am and 7am.
Indeed, it was closed during your check out, but, as in any other early check out situation, we opened it.

We certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back to As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa and restore your confidence into our resort and its services.

Kind regards,

Monica Ribeiro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
DUBLIN
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great apartment, very luxurious and spacious. Swimming pools were great, but little bit cold for our baby, so we mainly used the indoor one. We travelled in May and it was quiet time which suited us perfectly. We loved the fact that there was washing machine, dishwasher and oven in the apartment and it was cleaned everyday. We got a cot which was a bit dirty, but it did the job. We went to the Hilton for breakfast the first morning,we arrived late the day before so had no time for shopping, it's a bit expensive but worth it, as we woke up and wanted to eat something straight away. It's a good walk to town, but there was a free shuttle bus. I also used the spa swimming pool which was lovely and went to one yoga class which was very relaxing. We would highly recommend this Resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank LucikDublin
Dear Guest,

Thnak you for placing your comments on this platform.

I am delighted to read of what a lovely and memorable stay you had and I thank you for taking the time to review As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor.
Your coments about the cot provided during your stay with us, have been passed to our Management in order to avoid future inconveniences. Please apologize.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Wales
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wow! So glad that we had the privilege of staying in this wonderful resort. Really could not fault anything. The apartment was very well-equipped and spacious, with an interior which was out of this world - very stylish and upmarket. The complex itself was wonderful - with lovely swimming and sunbathing areas and availability of facilities and the adjoining Hilton resort, including free use of the amazing spa! Staff at reception are friendly and very helpful - nothing is too much trouble for them. All in all, we had a really lovely, relaxing holiday here and felt like we had a touch of luxury at this resort. The distance from Vilamoura is a little further out - about a 20 minute walk, but since when did a good walk hurt anyone? That said, there are courtesy shuttle buses that the hotel puts on frequently both to and from the centre, which run until around 9pm.
I would suggest that those people with limited mobility to check before booking though, as the walk into town is a fair distance. A supermarket is about 5 mins walk from the hotel.
I would highly recommend this first class resort for a luxurious and peaceful break.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cleverness
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at As Cascatas Golf Resort & spa with other TripAdvisor users.

It is enormously rewarding to provide the service we offer, then to receive such complimentary feedback. I am delighted to read of what a wonderful stay you had with us and only hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to on a future visit.

Warm regards,

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hilton adjoining to it in 2011 thought I would try villa rooms great and modern all nice and staff pleasant shame about they can't have there own pool as you have to fight for sun beds at 9 am in the morning as you share the hilton facilities

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank last2findout
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments following your stay at As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa.

Although we have some information to customers that the pool chairs can not be reserved, not all customers respect this rule which makes us really sad because ultimately it affects the remaining customers in the resort.

Thank you for your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked As Cascatas on the fantastic reviews and because it was advertised as a 5 star luxury family resort as we have two children aged 4 and 2. We stayed during the first two weeks in July and left quite disappointed for a number of reasons.

We arrived at 8.00 in the evening with 2 tired toddlers to find that the travel cot we had requested was not in the apartment nor the highchair. These arrived soon after but they we're both extremely dirty and I found myself cleaning them before we could use them.

Housekeeping could have been better, a couple of times they didn't leave a tablet or put the dishwasher on. Our childrens' feet were very dirty from walking around the apartment bare foot and a majority of time the cleaners would come whilst trying to bath the children in the evening!

The Apartment itself was lovely and very spacious but being a self catering apartment we chose to cook a couple of meals whilst staying there but were disappointed that there were not any oven gloves to take hot trays out of the oven. The plug to the sink would not work and therefore had to wash up the children's drinking cups etc in a mixing bowl and there weren't any tea towels to dry them up. The kitchen was well equipped but after cooking the children boiled eggs we found that there wasn't an egg cup! We also found lots of ants running along the work surfaces too.

The bin in the children's shower room was broken and the lid would fall off every time you used it. The ensuite bathroom toilet roll holder was also broken and we had to put the toilet paper on the sink ledge which consequently got wet.

The terrace furniture was covered with bird droppings and could have done with some padding/cushions on which for a 5 star hotel you would expect.

The Hilton hotel was lovely, the food and service was fantastic, the pools looked lovely but we didn't have the opportunity to use them. The pools were really nice by the apartments but you would be lucky to find a bed available after people hogged/reserved more than they required and did not actually use them until 11-12.00!

Unfortunately on check out we had to push the luggage trolley to reception ourselves as there was a lack of porterage staff, which again for a 5 star resort was disappointing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa . We value each and every Guests review and appreciate the time you take out to write them. We here at As Cascatas aim to please and satisfy our guests and truly excel to provide an unforgettable and memorable Holiday Experience. We Take all of your comments on Board and try to implement them in making our 5 star resort an even more enjoyable location for your much needed and deserved holidays.

We are glad that you experienced our Resort and that you took the time to leave your review. I am sorry to see that your experience was not as positive as the majority of the reviews, which shall be passed on to administration.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience during your stay with us.
We would be delighted to welcome you back again to allow us to really spoil you and
to proove that this was not the normal level of servcie we offer our guests.

Scotland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here the first 2 weeks of July this year and had an amazing time. The whole place was perfect. We stayed on the second floor overlooking the (childrens) pool which was perfect for us. The apartments have everything you'd possibly need; fully fitted kitchen (with dishwasher AND washing machine/tumble drier!), 2 good sized bedrooms - one with ensuite and the living room which had a good sized TV and DVD player.

This truly is a 5* resort. nice bars, good gym; everything top notch. The staff were fantastic but one in particular was amazing. Ishmael who worked beside the pool handing out the towels and organizing the beds for the most of the time we were there was incredible. The level of service he offered was fantastic - always happy to help and was also very good at 'parenting' some of the teenagers there at the time!

Pools were nice - we stayed by the childrens' pool for the 12 days just because it was a bit easier to get a bed. Although the other pool looked nice also. We never ate at the hotel but the bar was lovely and the food there was excellent - if not perhaps on the slightly pricey side - but it is a 5* hotel after all so can't complain about that!

There's only a few things that could be perhaps improved; the scramble for sun loungers in the morning was crazy. Pools opened at 9 am but even before then people were leaving all sorts of stuff on the beds to 'book' them which was pretty selfish. Many people then didn't actually surface until 10:30- 11 am to use them. The main pool was the same. Not much the hotel could do apart form having a word with them. When we were there it was the same people doing it all the time.

There could maybe be some more entertainment on in the evenings - there wasn't much - if anything while we were there. Like I say the bar was nice and there was a small bouncy castle there one or 2 nights but not much more for the kids.

And one final small note on the tech! The TV channels were a bit limited and the wifi is on a per device rate so if you are a family of 4 all with phones/tablets etc it can be expensive (there was a half price offer on subsequent devices though).

All in all the hotel, staff and resort were brilliant - Villamoura is beautiful (hotel is a bit out but there's a complimentary hotel bus that goes from 7 to 9 to and from the marina) and we would definitely be back! Great holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank SquidAndBeans
Dear Guest

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at As Cascatas Golg Resort & Spa.
We also noticed that some of our services did not meet your expectations. The feedback of our guests is taken very seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from our Resort. Please rest assured that we will look in to improvement opportunities.

We look forward to welcome you once again in our Resort very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The As Cascatas is not a hotel at all, but holiday apartments. Expect to be treated like a poor relative of guests of the sister hotel, the Hilton, on which you'll rely for any kind of facilities at all.

The service provided is mediocre at best. At check in, we waited 10 minutes for someone to turn up in order to check us in. Likewise for service at the pool bar. There is no room service, and should you like to use the gym at the next door Hilton, you will have to hope that someone is there to let you in, as you are not supplied with an access card. I reported to reception that our room phone wasn't working, to which the receptionist looked thoroughly bored and uninterested and did nothing!

The apartment is very stylish and comfortable, and large. There's a coffee maker etc but no tea/coffee provided. We were told to make our son's rollaway bed ourselves, with bedding provided. Not quite what I was expecting from a 5 star 'resort.'

The swimming pools are gorgeous, but expect sunlounger warfare as these are understocked and oversubscribed.

The location is some distance from the buzzing marina and beach, and lacking in any unique character.

On a plus side the housekeeping service makes up the apartment quickly and efficiently every morning. The bed is sublime.

Overall, we have been disappointed. We chose this hotel based on its excellent reviews but it has not delivered. I won't stay here again. And, unusually for us, I wish we hadn't stayed here this time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Linda M
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Linda M

Thank you for your comment on this platform.

Usually when we get a bad guest feedback we proceed in 2 ways. First we analyze the issues reported, second we find out the reason why we were not able to sort them out.
After analyzing in detail the records of all our clients according to the requirements of Portuguese law where the copy of the identification of all guests staying at as Cascatas is mandatory, it was not possibel to recognize you.
Said this, we would very much like to have the opportunity to discuss the points you have raised further, therefore can I kindly ask you, to contact our management directly.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hear from you at your convenience.

Kind regards,