“What a Place!!! Another great stay... Thank You!”

Four Seasons Vilamoura
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is my third time in this Resort. And I can only say very good things about this place. I can't actually believe that some people can give bad reviews/comments to this place...

I have stayed here before through web agents and my last visit was done directly with the Resort. It is great because you can actually negotiate exactly which apartment/room you are going to stay. The Girls at Reservations are great and very helpful/friendly.

The place is amazing. Calm but within reach of everything you need. Families love it here, and I can see why – pools, kids’ area, gym, squash, games rooms, SPA, Hairdresser, etc. There is entertainment almost every night. The ambiance is just right! And most importantly safe place to be... The Food is fantastic and reasonably priced (compared to other hotels and Marina). The Staff are just great - nothing is too much, just perfect!

The apartments/rooms are very spacious and clean with the Housekeeping staff always ready to help any request made. I have just been presented, on this visit, with a new bed/mattress and pillows… I could take one home with me… they are that good.

My biggest problem is that I wish I could stay longer... I just absolutely LOVE IT!!! Thank you

Room Tip: Book direct with Resort, and you can choose the apartment/unit
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank E P
JoaquimEusebio, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you very much for your exuberant and complimentary review and for your loyalty.
It is fantastic that so many aspects of our resort and your stay here, made you so happy.
We are all extremely pleased that you enjoyed yourself so much and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Four Seasons is an apartment /hotel for timeshare customers. This property is let out as hotel when the apartments are not occupied by timeshare customers. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment through a travel agent on hotel basis.
The property is located in an area surrounded by private houses, holiday flats and a golf course. There are some restaurants nearby of which only 3 were open probably because it was off season.
Distance to beach and marina is about 25 to 30 minutes walking and takes about 10 minutes by taxi.
There is a supermarket nearby walking distance about 5 to 7 minutes for basic shopping. However there is a bigger supermarket for buying meat, poultry and seafood within about 20 minutes walking.
The apartment was very good with fully equipped kitchen. There is one restaurant in the complex. The breakfast was very basic and same every day. Tea and coffee was dispensed from the machine.
Housekeeping was not very good with bed sheets changed every 3 to 4 days although we were booked as hotel guests. Bathroom amnesties were never replenished during our 7 days stay. We have empty shampoo and bath gel bottles from day 2 to 7 which they ignored to refill.
The property or complex has 3 outdoor swimming pools and one indoor pool which was cold for my liking. Wi-Fi is only available in the club house area. There is no Wi-Fi or internet access in the apartment which I think is not acceptable in this day and age as some people might need it for personal or business access.
As a family we found the apartment comfortable but the staff not very friendly or helpful. Also although we had booked the apartment on the hotel basis we had to check out at 1000 hours same as the timeshare customers.
The apartments are good but if you want the hotel facilities and service then you will have to look elsewhere for these quality and level of customer service. There are some good hotels in the marina and beach area.
We booked our airport transfers through yellowfishtransfers.com who are very efficient and reliable and I would recommend them to anyone. The return transfer cost us 50 euros.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Yash2000
JoaquimEusebio, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your review and for your compliments.
However, I feel that your rating is extremely harsh and some of your comments are unfair and a little inaccurate.
One comment that is of particular concern is contained in your title, ‘poor customer service’, and another is in paragraph 9, of your review. Of our 128 reviews, 85 are excellent and 29 are very good. A common theme throughout these reviews, and others, is the extremely high level of service and the professionalism and friendliness of our staff. We are all very proud of our resort and are passionate about customer satisfaction and enjoyment.
Breakfast is certainly not ‘basic’; there are six different varieties of fruit available, juices, yoghurts, breads, croissants, cakes, cereals plus bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms. Added to this we have a Chef making delicious omelettes , to order. The coffee machine uses freshly ground beans and there are a variety of teas, as well.
The indoor pool is maintained at 29c, which is a perfectly acceptable operating temperature. To increase the temperature would necessitate additional chemicals.
Our apartments are cleaned every two days. Admittedly, the sheets are not changed every two days, but in my experience, hotels do not change sheets that often, either.
We do not differentiate between owners or guests, the check out time is set at 10:00hrs for everyone.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We own a timeshare week here, and often extend this to two weeks as we love it! Great location with views of the golfcourse and sea from our apartment. Staff remember you every single time you return and are a great laugh throughout the stay!
Clean, comfy, sociable with fantastic food (the sardines at lunch time are MUST)
Vilamoura harbour is the main place that everyone goes, has bars restaurants etc with the beach in the day, and four seasons is just the perfect distance from it. Only 5 mins in a taxi, and a great 20 min walk in the mornings when the heat is just right!

Must visit

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodadorer_13
JoaquimEusebio, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely review and kind compliments. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your time with us so much that you opt for another week.
Thank you also, for rating us with five stars, we are privileged to have member/owners such as yourselves and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

i stayed recently at the four seasons with my 11 year old son together with my friend and her daughter. we very much enjoyed our stay. the facilities were very good and it was great to have the indoor pool as the water in the outdoor pool was cold for the children.. the breakfast was good and we enjoyed our freshly made omlettes each morning. the 2 bed apartment was very spacious and clean although the kitchen area is a bit tired and could do with updating! all in all a very enjoyable time for our 4 days! I would warn guests about ordering a taxi through reception for the airport, there was a difference of 8 euro from what i was quoted to what I actually paid on arrival at the airport! also my friend booked her taxi directly with a local firm that she paid 13 euro less than me!! so watch out!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
JoaquimEusebio, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you and your group enjoyed your short break, our services and facilities.
As I explained, in my email to you, taxi fares vary depending upon which taxi company you choose and more directly, what time you have booked for. During the 'small hours’ and on weekends, there is often a 20-25% supplement added. Also, metered taxis will differ in price, too.
Although the issue with the taxi fare caused you chagrin, I sincerely hope that it did not mar your visit too much and will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Large apartment we managed to get at exceptionally low rate, a real bargain. A bit cold and damp, yet clean an fully equipped. Several pools, which could perhaps be cleaned more often. Service was excellent. Ten minute walk to marina.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mi28
JoaquimEusebio, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We are very glad that the service met with your approval.
With regard to the pools; between May and October the pools are cleaned every day, between November and April it is every two days. Although, they are not cleaned while it is raining.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back, soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We staying in the four seasons for the last week in April. We were just looking for a quiet relaxing holiday. The holiday started perfectly by using yellowfishtransfers.com. to get us to the hotel. €50 euro return and they gave us a bottle of wine when they dropped us off. We booked them on line and they were waiting for us as we can out and made it very easy to get to and from the hotel. Were on time both days and very friendly drivers.

The hotel is lovely, you have all the advantages of our own space and cooking facilities and that of the hotel. Breakfast is good, bar menu was good, did not eat at the bbq or buffet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool area is lovely and pool bar.

It is right beside the golf course if you wanted to play. I didn;t play that week but the professional Peter Lester was very helpful and let me borrow some clubs to hit a few balls over at the course whcih was very kind of him. I will definitely be coming back next time for a golf trip.

Many thanks for a lovely stay.

Phil & Ger - Kildare, Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor apartment facing the golf course. No 94 was our room and we could walk out on...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
JoaquimEusebio, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

We are very glad that you were able to achieve your aim of a quiet and relaxing holiday, by spending time with us. We are also glad that everything met with your approval.
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for your kind compliments. Peter sends you is thanks for the special mention, too.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your golf trip.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

When it comes to somewhere to stay how do you grade it ? I look for comfort and Cleanliness but in addition I like to feel welcome.
I have to say that Four Seasons Vilamoura delivered upon all of my expectations and more. They started the holiday with recognising our honeymoon and presenting us with a gift in the room this was very thoughtful of them. Our apartment was immaculately clean and also cleaned regularly to a very high standard, even the clean parts were being cleaned again. Pools also clean in fact everywhere was clean, I challenge you to find a spec of dust The staff are so very nice there are loads of really nice visitors and members who help make your stay that little bit more special. The reception will go out of their way to help you and give you tourism advice. One other thing that I think will go unnoticed by many but this is very important when traveling abroad. There is a safe in the room which I did use but I was getting complacent like you do when on holiday many time left my wallet, cash , IPAD, phone lying around and never did I feel I couldn’t. Even with staff cleaning my room nothing was ever stolen or even moved for that matter.
Wr had a great holiday not a single compliant so it leaves me to close my review on 5 * Thanks we hope to see you all again soon !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

We are really, extremely pleased that we were able to contribute so significantly towards the enjoyment of your honeymoon. And, we wish you both heartfelt congratulations and sincere good wishes for your future together.
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and kind compliments. It is reassuring to hear that you felt so secure and fantastic that you could not find even one spec of dust!
We sincerely hope that you do visit us again and thank you for the five star rating, too.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Vila Gale Ampalius
Vila Gale Ampalius
#10 of 36 in Vilamoura
As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Vilamoura? Share your experiences!