We have stayed twice now at the Colona Castle and have greatly enjoyed our visits. This is very much a boutique hotel, with personal service, a world apart from a chain hotel. A great place to relax and enjoy Cape Town and the surroundings (really easy to get to Cape Point in one direction and the wineries in the other. Our children (8 and 10) were made very welcome and greatly enjoyed the leisurely and delicious breakfast (fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade jams, full English), served by the impeccable David. Michael, the owner, was extremely helpful in whatever need - a restaurant (he would call me to confirm the booking), a trip to Inverdoorn (he prepared us a breakfast picnic to take with us on our journey), a taxi waiting at the airport for our very late arrival. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, especially the beds; and full of antiques and curios. We hope to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the epicentre of Greater Cape Town, Colona Castle, graded 5 Star, is truly a sophisticated, elegant and enchanting base from which to explore Cape Town, the Peninsula and Winelands. Gracing the mountainside above a tranquil Lake District on the warmer False Bay coastline, and furnished with a treasured antique collection, this splendid Mediterranean style retreat offers character, exclusivity and infinite charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Colona Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colona Castle Hotel Lakeside
- Colona Castle Cape Town, South Africa - Lakeside