“Royal Oak, Pirbright”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
UK
“Royal Oak, Pirbright”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Old English pub in a beautiful part of Surrey. Starters okay, but dinners dreadful and a complete waste of money. I had the fish and chips - fish full of bones and nearly choked on one. Okay for a drink but don't eat here. Good garden with plenty of table and chairs. Dogs welcome outside.

• Visited August 2012

Samara, Russia
“Great Ales and Ciders”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The highlights are great ales and ciders served there. London Porter and Honey Dew were my favourites!

Visited March 2012
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful customer service!”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Went here today with my family and was ignored by the rude bar staff whilst waiting 15 minutes to be served ,asked for a diet coke and recieved full sugar coke which i couldn't drink as i am a diabetic,i told the waitress about this then she said "i am sorry but our policy is if you drink any of the coke then we can't return or exchange it. we had to clear our own tables of the plates and glasses that were their from the previous customers.None of the staff informed us of a waiting time however we still had to wait over 45 minutes for our food to be sent to our table.The roasts were stone cold so we had to ask for some gravy to warm them up along with one of the orders being wrong as we asked for beef and was given a turkey roast dinner and to end this terrible experience 3 of us had ordered puddings but had to wait over 30 minutes until they brought them out!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Tricia W
Sydney, Australia
“Not good enough!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The good news is the price. Just £9.95 for 2 meals is cheap, the pub itself is good and plenty of parking. However, we waited 50 minutes for our meals on Friday lunchtime. We ordered at 5 minutes past one and were served at 5 minutes to two.
I ordered fish and chips and was served a large portion of battered fish with chips and petits pois.
The fish was supposed to be filleted but each mouthful contained bones and I was afraid of swallowing some. I have never had peas before that had no taste whatsoever - presumably frozen. The chips were average. I'm glad I did not pay the usual price of £8.29!
Sorry, but even cheap meal deals have to be edible.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Much better than expected!”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After checking some of the reviews on here I was beginning to wonder what I had let myself in for! But as friends had booked and they had been before and enjoyed it, I went along last night (22 June) and had a very pleasant evening. The place was packed - true to British summers it was too cold to sit outside! In short the food was fine, the staff were lovely and friendly, the pub was everything you'd expect of a country pub - lots of beams and tables in nooks and crannies, and the garden looked as though it would be excellent for a warm summer's evening should we ever have one! Will definitely go back - and that's how all our little group of us felt at the end of the evening.

• Visited June 2012