“Lovely waitress made my day”

Lime Tree Coffee Shop
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I went in on a Tuesday and had a delightful visit, there was a lovely dark haired waitress with a lovely smile .She made me feel very welcome and the coffee was amazing. Today the lady wasn't there who is quite miserable and her husband who is equally as bad. If visiting you must get a sandwich, super high quality made with extra care by some lovely ladies. A Must visit in Thames Ditton.

1  Thank Marcella R

Reviewed 31 May 2013

My wife and I had a light lunch here today. The service was polite and helpful. The range of food was very select and clearly of excellent quality. We each had a baguette with mozzarella and parma ham which was served on a wooden platter with soft drinks. Great ginger beer. We followed this with excellent coffee and some delicious cakes. The place is spotless, the atmosphere friendly and the food excellent.

1  Thank Eagle95
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Popped into this inviting looking cafe for a very UNinviting welcome! Unfortunately they didnt offer wifi, which i was hoping for, but not too big a deal. I only wanted a quick coffee before carrying on with my day. They didn't want to except card payment for such a small amount, so i offered to pay a little extra in order to avoid going and searching for a cash machine and heading back out into the hail stones plummeting from the sky, this was excepted, but without a smile! My next question was "Can i please use your toilet?" i was told quick blankly that they didn't have one, i was quite taken a back as this cafe must seat about 15 people! I was absolutely desperate to go and so responded with "Seriously?" He then proceeded to tell me that there was a public toilet about 50 meters away in a car park!!!! There were hail stones falling from the sky, i had just ordered and paid, and he is suggesting that a take a hike!! How can you run a cafe and seat that many people and not have a facility for customers to use. A terrible reception over all, not worth the shelter on a stormy day!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I am a regular at the Lime Tree and their coffee & food is always second to none.

The standards here are very high so if you are looking for something super fast and off the shelf this might not be for you BUT if you value super high quality ingredients and delicious combinations it is well worth visiting soon.

BTW locals know this but newcomers may not - they have no bathroom facilities here but they are public facilities nearby.

2  Thank LuluKitten
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Thank goodness the Lime Tree is under new ownership. We went there for a snack at lunchtime today as we had heard it had been taken over, and my goodness what a difference. Friendly staff, smiling and happy. The place was packed so we sat outside which was lovely. The food was superb as was the cake and coffee afterwards. Well done Lime Tree, you got there in the end.

3  Thank SaveTheBees