“Return to Thames Ditton.”
Review of George & Dragon

George & Dragon
Ranked #17 of 28 Restaurants in Thames Ditton
Reviewed 24 July 2016

After a long day going back to my old school and a few old haunts, popped in for a final drink on the way home. I always find the George a welcoming pub and the staff are always polite. Always a good stop off before returning home.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 9 June 2016

5 of us went for a meal on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The pub was fairly empty however after an hour we still had not received our food. One of the meals was a child's. When we chased up the food, no one came back to us with an up date. Eventually 3 of the 5 meals arrived; one was dripping in grease and another had inedible rice. Again we had to chase where the other 2 meals were and we were told they would be a further 15 minutes.
Rather than be apologetic, the barman just kept lying about the circumstances although in the end he did give us a full refund.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Beverley14
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I'm local, live up the road - enjoying a night out with friends especially so as I'd cycled to the pub. Placed my bike in a rack. Came out a few hours later to find that someone had reversed into my bike and damaged the back wheel. No note left. Someone had witnessed the event and told me what had happened as he'd watched me struggle to get the bike to move. No CCTV. Landlord not interested enough to come out and find out what had gone on.

An enjoyable night out has turned into an expensive one - need a new wheel. Thanks to you - the driver who hit my bike. Cheers!!

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Nat B
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch extremely good value ... Could fault it staff we excellent also... Would defiantly recommend and visit again

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Good food. Particularly like the chicken fillet salad and mushroom bruschetta. Traditional pub food also available. Love that this is my local.

Date of visit: September 2015