“One Night, Last Minute Break!”
Review of The Villager Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingoldmells
The Villager Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Ingoldmells B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night last weekend (Sat-Sun). We got there earlier than the check in time but we didn't mind as we were able to park up and wander round for the day without having to worry about having to move the car etc.

We arrived to check in after 4pm and were shown up to our room. I didn't know what to expect as we hadn't seen any pictures and were going on a brief description Sarah gave me on the phone. When we got into the room I was so happy it was immaculate. Our room was 35, which was as the back of the hotel, there was a little bit of noise from people walking past shouting but nothing to moan about or prevent us from getting a good nights sleep. We had a double room but also a little single (camp) bed next to the double.

The En-Suite was also very clean and towels were on a towel radiator so when you got out the shower you had a nice clean, fluffy warm towel.

Tea/Coffee making facilites available and also a hairdryer. Note to Ladies-if you are considering blow drying your hair it can become a bit of a pain as you have to keep your finger on the power button at all times.

TV in the room - although limited channels still your normal 1-5 and then some freeview channels.

I will be recommending this hotel to friends and family planning time away in Ingoldmells and I will be revisiting! The staff we friendly and helpful, thank you to Sarah for taking our booking and thank you to Alexis (i think) for the warm welcome and showing us to our fab room.

Room Tip: Book now you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beccabarr22

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here with my partner for one night recently as I have a relative close by. The hotel and rooms are very comfortable and have been done to a very good standard although I am not sure that the whole package is value for money. I read all the other reviews and their website regarding the noise/late night entertainment and booked it anyway. We were so tired we did manage to sleep through it after 10pm but you can literally hear every word of every song from bed and it starts again at 9.30am! For the price of the rooms I do think breakfast should be included or at least a discounted one for residents. After eating dinner the night prior in the villager pub we were extremely disappointed in the quality of food for the prices. My meal was £10.45 and looked/tasted like something you'd pay no more than £4 for in a wetherspoons. Therefore we decided to go for breakfast at the greasy spoon cafe a few doors down and pay £2.99 for a huge full English rather than £4.99 for what I would have assumed would be half the size and quality at the villager. Just a tip too, make sure you remember to put your do not disturb sign on your door if you plan to check out at check out time otherwise housekeeping try to get into your room before then!! Overall we didn't have an awful stay but I doubt we would stay again as we didn't find it very good value for money. I may sound like I am picky but I have worked in hotels for over 5 years and know what is good quality for what price.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank fos42
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Central location. Really nice and clean hotel with comfortable rooms. Staff very nice and didn't really bother you after booking in. Little bit of music can be heard but after a full day out and about it didn't stop you from sleeping

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my partner, and found the whole experience of staying here excellent. The location was perfect for access to beach, shops, The biggest Market in Europe, bars, takeaways. Our room no! 31 which was at the back of the hotel was of excellent quality, and of a very high standard. The service was excellent, the staff couldn't do enough to help. They went out there way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay, and asking if we needed anything. Although there was no entertainment the night we stayed which we found disappointing we have been to ingoldmells before and heard the entertainment on previous occasion when popping in for a drink. The entertainment was excellent. We are definitely coming back to stay at this fabulous hotel and we recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

stayed2 nights with my daughter who is 7 mths pregnant at the villager hotel it were a lovely room good size very clean nothing too much trouble for the staff very warm inside beautifull bathroom and right next door to the pub enjoyed a meal in the pub will stay again perfect location in ingoldmells

Room Tip: we stayed in room 28lovely spacious room on the side of the building
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Thank stephen and mic... d
Reviewed 28 August 2013

very exclusive good size rooms with quality bed, fixtures and fittings, all kept exquisitly clean. definately my first choice hotel in ingoldmells, skegnesss. the bar/ restaurant has an excellent variety of food to suit every pallete and excellent variety of quality entertainers performing every night.

Room Tip: book early!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in July with my boyfriend - he booked it as a surprise and I was very pleasantly surprised! We had been in the pub before on visits to Skegness and we had been impressed with the service and the range of drinks available. The hotel is the perfect location for the beach, market, and shops, as well as McDonald's and the pizza takeaway (!), and also for going out at night. Our room was clean and a good size, and the staff were very friendly and helpful especially when we were checking in. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we are planning a return trip before the summer is out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple