“get the caravans”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ingoldmells
Butlins Skegness Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ingoldmells
Reviewed 19 June 2013

stayed fri-mon fathers day weekend, before i went i was abit apprehensive with the reviews i read but most of them were with room or apartment accommodation so i thought what the heck lets make the most of it. Gt a 3 night gold caravan for 7 people(relatives came with us) for 270 quid(less than 40quid a person for 3 nights)go to the official butlins caravan site for prices. I thought this was really cheap compared to the 500pound+ quote for 2 rooms for 7 people at the butlins site.

Check in on friday was quick and simple no signing business, just gt our key a little map and onto to our caravan, sandhills 260, when we 1st walked from the butlins caravan reception it seemed that we passed so many caravans on the way to ours but realized after it was only a 5min walk from the caravan to the butlins. Opening the door to our gold caravan and wow, clean and very nice, everything you need. Only downside was carpet was a little dirty but everything else was like new. At night no noise at all apart from the rain 1st night, 2nd and 3rd night really nice weather, in the day the odd kid you can hear playing outside their tent but very peacefull.

We explored the butlins site about an hour later just to take everything in, yes it was noisy in the butlins big tent but again what the heck, lots of kids all enjoying themselves and my kids 3 and 9 loved it.Over the weekend we took in the waterpark, fantasy island the beach and didnt even have time to use our wrist bands for the kids funfair at butlins, the soft play area or skegness markets!, defo 7 nights next time.

The food was good we gt fish and chips(4.95) from the shop in the butlins site next to the spar and on the 2nd night brought back burger and chips(2.99) from a shop at fantasy island so not expensive at all, cant complain about the restaurants as never ate from there. Only money we really used was the arcades. Shows were free and the que's whilst long were not horrible like people were making out.

Checkout on monday again literally 30 seconds handed in the keys and on our way bk. To sum up great trip will be back for 7 nights next time

Room Tip: ask when booking were your caravan is because if you have trouble walking you can request one closer...
2  Thank kaz k
There are newer reviews for Butlins Skegness Resort

Reviewed 19 June 2013

we stayed here on a Friday-Monday break with 2 children aged 3 and 11. originally I had booked silver accommodation but 2 days before the start of our break butlins called to offer an upgrade to gold for £27 for the whole family which I thought was pretty good considering the price difference between silver and gold when I made the original booking! we arrived at 3pm to check in which I think is pretty late on in the day (4pm for standard and silver guests!) we were given our key card and headed off to find our apartment. after 10 minutes of walking around we asked a member of staff to point us in the right direction and we were shocked when we stumbled across the "gold" apartment block. rusty iron staircase, flaking paint, a poorly fitting front door and cobwebs and dirt around the door frames we braced ourselves for the inside....however we were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, bright and spacious apartment. the bedrooms were a good size with a safe in the wardrobe, the kitchen had all you could need including toaster, microwave and dishwasher and the bathroom had a lovely walk in shower and plenty of hot water. we also had an iron and ironing board. we had booked the premium dining plan (breakfast and evening meal) and couldn't fault the food at all, plenty of choice and the restaurant itself was clean with very friendly staff. we found the entertainment good with lots of activities and daytime shows for the children, the redcoats work very hard, the funfair was enjoyed by us all but I thought it closed very early (6 ish) considering its summer and we have light nights but by doing this it kind of forces you into the evening shows where you start to spend money! splashworld was fantasic and lots of fun! we ended up leaving early and went home on the sunday night rather than hanging on until the Monday morning not only to beat the traffic but you had to vacate by 10am anyway and if i'm honest i'd had enough of the hustle and bustle and the sight of chavs! my advise to anyone is to not book anything below the gold standard accommodation and definitely choose the premium dining if you want a nice experience!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had a full week in silver accommodation as no golds available when booked in jan. Paid the extra for everyday cleaning and towels.
Its perfect for my wee girl who was only 2. So much to do especially if they aren't scared of the characters. Pool brilliant. Love the fact the there is no deep water. I agree though. Not enough family changing available.
All staff were very friendly. Couldn't fault them.
Loved the rides for the toddlers. Can go on over and over and no real problems with queues.
Quality of food not great. Loved the fish and chip shop and used "the deck" which was also great buffet food. But really expensive for what you got. Esp drinks. Take as much as you can carry and for cash they charge on all the machines.
Think we will go back as wee girl loved it.

1  Thank MrsClumsy
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Entertainment was great for my two year old daughter always something for her to do
Food was excellent we upgraded dining plan well worth it plenty of choice kids food options great all fresh
Room was so dirty you had to wear socks as carpets were black with dirt bathroom dirty too and bed was like sleeping on bag of stones noise outside room at night terrible my youngest daughter kept being woke up
New waterpark great for kids too
Overall enjoyable break only let down was the room

1  Thank stephanie236
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was out fourth visit to Butlins Skegness in as many years with 3 kids aged 14, 9 and 5. After 3 previous great hollidays I was slightly worried this one may not be as good but it was probably the best.

We always stop in gold self catering and the accommodation is faultless. I pay extra for a ground floor, its earlier when arriving and vacating and also so the kids can go out the back door and play with other children easily.

We ate at the Sun and Moon which was fine. On the last night we decided to pay and eat at The Deck (which is mainly for people on the dining plan). We thought it might be a bit "canteen" like but were really impressed, so much so we went for breakfast on the last morning. Its not cheap but is good value for money. In future I will definately look at paying for the dining plan (premium of course!) which I had always dismissed before.

My youngest loved the SKyline Pavilion and would spend the whole weekend in there watching shows whille my older son found plently of football activies to get involved with. Me and my daughter enjoyed some girlie time in The Spa.

We enjoyed walks along the beach in both directions but always feel like you want to get back incase you are missing something.

Overall, no complaints at all. The kids (and the grown ups) were gutted to come home. A weekend really insnt long enought for us. We cant wait to go back again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a Friday-Monday break. We upgraded too the gold apartments and boy are we glad we did! The rooms are great. And made the stay more enjoyable.
We enjoyed the splash world but struggled too see we're £15 million had been spent?
I thought the premier dinning food was fantastic and the staff also.
The entertainment was good and the redcoats put on a lot of effort with the children, overall the whole experience was fine if you like slot machines,noise,chavs, and beer:-)

2  Thank Leejeff72
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I hadn't visited Butlins since 1981, when I was ten, so I was curious to see whether the children in our party loved it as much as I did back then. They did. Butlins is all about children and they love it; my niece and nephew would have given it six stars if they could.

The good:

The standard of the grounds and gardening was excellent. The resort looked great and was full of lovely flowers and plants. Top marks to the gardening team.

There were ducks and rabbits around the park, which the children loved, and the resort is right on Skegness beach.

There was so much for children to do that they couldn't be bored. Any under tens would love the resort; it's designed for children to have fun in. My niece and nephew had to be manhandled into the car when we left and cried for most of the journey home.

There was a funfair specifically for under fives, as well as the larger funfair, which I thought was a good piece of planning. Our children loved it.

Splash water world was great, and had slides for little ones as well as for older children. You could tell that a lot of money had been invested in it.

The central pavilion was kid heaven and elicited a "wow!" from our two year old whenever we walked into it. They particularly loved the shows featuring TV characters and the sweetie shop, which had a special children's entrance.

The 'Sun and Moon' pub had a fenced play area attached to it, which meant that children could play without the worry of them wandering off. Ours adored the play fort and slides.

The outdoor fountain area, where children can play in the water jets, was safe, clean and well designed. The kids loved it.

It was very good value compared to e.g. Center Parcs. We chose this holiday for the children, rather than on value grounds, but it was a nice bonus.

The not so good:

The exterior of the accommodation we were in needed updating. The external door was badly chipped. I can't understand why Butlins didn't give it a lick of paint before the season started.

Our accommodation (silver self catering) was fine inside, but we hadn't been left the promised bathmat or washing up liquid and the shower tray drained so slowly that it must have been clogged with hairs etc from previous guests. I can't understand why this wasn't dealt with by the cleaners before we arrived. I ended up going to Tesco in Skegness and buying a bottle of drain unblocker.

Car parking wasn't great. You can check in from 4 pm and we arrived at 5. After driving through check-in we found the parking areas so overcrowded that some people had parked precariously on steep banks of grass. My heart sank as we were a party of six in two cars including two tinies and two octogenarians. After driving around for some time we eventually found spaces a good walk from our apartment. It was off-putting. Sort it out, Butlins!

Although Splash water world was great for the kids, we found the changing facilities very overcrowded. My sister and I had to walk around the changing area for several minutes with two little children before we found a free cubicle. Why build so few? The demand couldn't have been a surprise.

There wasn't much in the way of good quality adult food on offer. The Italian restaurant was mediocre and expensive and the food in both the Sun & Moon pub and the fish and chip restaurant wasn't up to much (cod substitutes that taste like blotting paper etc). I think Butlins should follow Center Parcs in inviting better quality chains to operate on the site.

Overall it was a good break and the children adored it so much that we will be returning. I just wish that Butlins would pay a little more attention to the details. You don't expect a luxury break - it's Butlins! - but the resort is in danger of looking tatty if the problems aren't addressed.

Room Tip: We stayed in silver accommodation and it was OK but next time I'd choose gold. I'd have valu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingoldmells
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
#1 of 1 in Addlethorpe
The Anchor Hotel & Bars
The Anchor Hotel & Bars
#2 of 3 in Ingoldmells

Been to Butlins Skegness Resort? Share your experiences!