“Don't Miss The Chance To Try The Sunday Dinner”
Review of Candles Restaurant

Candles Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Ingoldmells
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run café/restaurant with table service and freshly cooked meals.our hours are seasonal so it is advised you ring to confirm opening hours peak season we are open 9am till late
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was visiting Ingoldmells last weekend and found a recommendation for Candles restaurant in the trip advisor. As a chef my self I'm somewhat picky about where I eat having been disappointed on many occasions at restaurants that promises good food but don't deliver.

I found the food fresh, with ample portions and well presented but more to the point tasty and cooked as it should be. Next time I'm in Ingoldmells I will be eating at the Candles restaurant again.

3  Thank Dennis A

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful food very tasty and very good prices, the service was fantastic,family run would return everyday if i could. The chocolate sundae was to die for :)

1  Thank abi h
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I do not normally write reviews but we called into this this family restaurant for Sunday lunch Easter Sunday. What a gem! Food was superb and the service remarkable. It turns out the owners used to have a boutique hotel on the Isle of White followed by one of the best fish and chip shops on the East Coast. Most of the customers seemed to know them well! Looking forward to returning for beer battered fish and chips. Hand pulled chilled bitter at £2 a pint was rather good too!

1  Thank FrankDoherty
Reviewed 29 April 2014

First visit to candles this month went back 3 times would have been more but only a 2 day break would recommend it to anyone and everyone 5star

1  Thank Damonplume
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Candles Restaurant over the Easter break. Five of us went out for tea on Good Friday. Candles have added fish and chips to their menu and a couple in our party ordered them. They said the fish was absolutely beautiful. We each had a main and drinks including a few pints and the bill still came to less than £50. This is our new favourite place to eat whenever we are in skeg. If you want excellent quality and plenty of it for not much more than you'd pay at some inferior establishments then I urge you to try it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'd recommend the Sunday roast as well. Delicious. Have posted some more photos of our meals so you can see for yourself only they won't do the meals justice you really need to go and sample them for yourselves.

1  Thank Janet D
lorrainegert, Owner at Candles Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much Janet.its always nice to see you all ,and once again thank you for your wonderful comments.