The Old Rectory at Stewton
US$128
US$121
US$118
US$54
The Grange & Links(Sutton-on-Sea)
US$134
US$99
US$80
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsa wonderful place to staysitting roomcountry settingmarmaladesmoked haddockboth morningsgreat hostsvisiting louthone nightlincolnshire woldsbiscuitsroll top bathhigh standardfamily suitelindadogtablecloths
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We're in the trade and I'm OCD about hygiene so having me to stay is like entertaining the hotel inspector.
The old rectory at Stewton has the honour of being one of the few places that I have tested for cleanliness with forensic lights and found nothing at all to clean before I use the room.
The place is underpriced for what it delivers: high quality linens, comfortable and well furnished rooms, the most charming of hosts and freshly prepared food from a good selection at breakfast.

I have paid £400 a night for a room that was less comfortable and nothing like as clean.

If I go back to Louth area I will go bach to The Old Rectory....... if they let me back in that is!

Room Tip: The suite is deliciously quirky
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank therealwith
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here for a visit to the races at Cadwell Park, due to bad weather a last minute booking so enjoyed a twin and double room with bathroom. We arrived late at night with Alan at the door with a warm welcome. We were shown to our rooms which were both in a lovely decorative style, with robes, toiletries and local information. We enjoyed a hot chocolate and a hot bath, admired the many pictures and ornaments on display, very homely. All enjoyed a peaceful night with a very early start for the races. Alan made us all a superb full breakfast at 7am to accomodate our early departure. Alan also helped manouvere cars to reverse the bike trailer out as we arrived in the dark, much appreciated. The kids spotted a hare in the gardens which is a first. Enjoyed a hello from seamus the dog. Unfortunately we missed out on the beautiful gardens so a return stay is a must! Wonderful house, friendly host, highly recommend. The Grant Family

Room Tip: Both our rooms were quaint, I think guests would be happy with any of the rooms on offer. Roll top baths, four posters, family rooms all have nice features.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunshinegirl1429
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed here with two friends. We were welcomed by Alan, the owner, with coffee and biscuits on the lawn, followed by a wander around the gardens, eating fresh muulberries. The rooms were comfortable, with complete attention to detail. The breakfast - well cooked, beautifully presented, and fresh. We want to go back - a perfect place to play 'Ladies' for a few days. Definitely worth a visit - just please don't book itout so we cannot go back!

Room Tip: The twin bedroom with huge bathroom is the epitome of luxury!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TripleJFLC
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We were visiting my brother in the Stewton area, google found this little treasure. We only stayed for one night, but were made to feel very welcome. We had the four poster bedroom with the lounge area and a second bedroom for our daughter, all immaculate, clean and homely. The bathroom was a masterpiece with the roll top bath, so really nice. Alan the host was very attentive and helpful, nothing would be too much trouble, what a nice guy. The breakfast choice is very good, I had the full english, and thoroughly enjoyed it. If ever we are back in the area and need somewhere to lay our heads, it will be here. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kim p
Reviewed 2 November 2011

It's all in the detail here. Plenty of choice with the in room tea and coffee making facilities - a pamphlet map of Louth showing info such as places to eat and phone numbers for taxi's - all the little extras one could need or have forgotten in the bathroom.
There was a wide range of breakfasts on offer from full English to kedgeree, side dishes included fresh and dried fruits, cereals and yogurts, toast followed with home made preserves, I think our hosts have thought of everything!
Our room was more like a suite with a four post bed, a lounge area and a stunning bathroom with roll top bath, the view was out over the garden to a wooded area full of wildlife.
The whole atmosphere was very relaxed, I look forward to returning some day.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple