New Place Hotel
Agoda.com
US$88
US$92
US$85
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Travelocity
Red Lion Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$77
1,573 results
All reviewsthe main houseleisure facilitiesmanor housecoffee loungejacuzzi and saunalovely groundsde vere venuesreception staffwedding venuecourse dinnerbar menubed and breakfastbuffet styleone night stayfollowing morningshort breakbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Sitting having breakfast in the beautiful dining room with its wonderful plasterwork, magnificent fireplace and superb panelling it is hard not to be impressed. The breakfast buffet has a very good selection of fruit, cereals, breads and plenty of cooked food. There are fresh juices and eggs cooked to order so one is well set up for the day. Another great bonus is the availability of complimentary freshly made coffee at any time . The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board and flat screen TV. Free wifi is a welcome addition.
The staff are well trained and attentive. Get on their mailing list and you'll be surprised at the great deals on offer. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Peroma1
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that we are still impressing you. I am pleased you are making use of our great offers and thank you for your recommendation.
I look forward to welcoming you back to New Place.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

This was our second visit to New Place, this speaks for its self. Our first visit in April 2011, a family wedding! All I can say is wow. Fantastic service, manager Mark was truly fabulous. All the staff made the day beautiful. New Place is the perfect setting for a April wedding as the grounds are perfect for photos. We stayed in a family room. It was very clean, spacious and modern. My 15 year old soon enjoyed the pool and towels were provided for the leisure facilities. Breakfast was ample, excellent quality and eggs were cooked to order. Perfect.
We have just returned from our second 2 night stay, I expected to be put in a sub standard room because we paid £39 a night but yet again, EXCELLENT. We had a first class meal in the main house restaurant at £27 a head for 3 courses, it we well presented and good value, I highly recommend it! Well done to all the staff at New Place! We will be returning!

• Stayed: January 2013
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Madeinportsmouth

Thank you for your excellent review, I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comments on my staff and for your recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues New Place.

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We have stayed here before and have some very fond memories of New Place. As always we were greeted warmly at reception as we checked in. The rooms are a short walk from the main house which is where we met up with the rest of our group for lunch, also bumping into David (the manager) who was busy, but not so much so that he didn't have time to say hello to all of us. We all agreed to meet back at the bar at seven for a drink before the meal, which was a five course extravaganza. The food was excellent, the waiting staff attentive and the party atmosphere was game,with all age groups joining in! We all had a superb experience, good rest and the breakfast was upto is usual very high standard. We would recommend this to hotel all age groups as the on site pool and facilities cater for anybodies needs. The grounds are beautiful whatever the weather.

Room Tip: Theres a coffee lounge with internet access by reception
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Rob and Judi

Thank you for your feedback on your New year stay at New Place. I am very pleased David and his team looked after you so well. I would also like to thank you for your recommendation it is most welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues New Place.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed for two nights in December to see christmas market in Winchester, Not as good as expected of a Devere hotel.
Rooms were all off site of the beautiful hotel building,and the first impression was poor as we arrived at our room and could hardley get through the door for leaves, as there hadn't been any wind for days it was obvious no one had swept the doorway for days.
room pleasant but nothing we couldn't have got in a premiere inn,at half the price and although the bed was made each day the bathroom hadn't even had a wipe over for the two days we were there. there was also cob webbs on the ceiling in the bedroom, not what you expect from this hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Traveller Tip
We would urge all of our guest to review our web site on there we provide a site map clearly showing our Venues layout.

Dear Lynn S

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at De Vere Venues New Place, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
We are set in 32 acres and have hundreds of trees on site and there is a constant challenge during the autumn and winter months and I am sorry that you found it difficult to get through the doorway because of leaves, I can honestly say this is the first time we have ever had such feedback, and I am sorry for this inconvenience.
I do hope you would visit us again, I do accept we are a different offering from Premier Inn, but I hope we offer a lot more included in our price such as free wifi, free tea and coffee in lounges, use of our leisure facilities and tennis courts, 32 acres to walk in, free car parking, room service and full food and beverage facilities situated in our grade 1 listed manor house.
I do hope we can welcome you back to De Vere Venues New Place, when I am sure we will guarantee you a better experience, and we do offer some great rates through our “Lovin” offers on line.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed in this Hotel for one night prior to going on a cruise from Southampton. The room we had was in a separate area away from the main building, which you only use if you have breakfast (this was extra for us). The room was warm, cosy with a large flat screen TV. The bathroom was excellent with the biggest wall clock you will ever see!! Beds were comfortable. We did not use the leisure facilities. The Hotel is a little bit out of the way in the country, very nice in the Summer I would guess, Overall a nice stay, we may go back when the weather is a tad warmer (& drier).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coopermanloose
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback it is always good to see a positive review from a senior reviewer. I am pleased you had a comfortable stay and we hope to welcome you back when the sun comes back out, as this venue is especially lovely in the summer.