“Wedding At New Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shirrell Heath
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wedding At New Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

My daughter got married in April at the de vere hotel New Place in Hampshire and the whole day was a great success thank to Fern and her team at the hotel. I cannot praise the staff enough for the way they managed the whole event. Well done to Fern and the team and thanks for making it such a wonderful day.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Stef
Thank you for your wonderful review on your daughters wedding here at New Place. Thank you for your comments on the team and especially Fern I know they will all be very encouraged by them. I am very pleased that we had the opportunity of hosting your daughters wedding, we wish them great health and happiness for the future.
Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I've used this place a couple of times for meetings in Portsmouth. This place is excellent value. I paid an extra £10 to have a larger room and it was really comfortable. Superb bed with quality bed linen.
These rooms are a bit like a row of chalets and you walk straight outside when leaving them. The main magnificent building for breakfasts etc is a short walk away ( you can get wet). Breakfasts were excellent value for money too.

I certainly will use this place again

Room Tip: Pay that little bit extra for a larger room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear John
Thank you for your review on our Venue at New Place I am very please that you enjoyed your stay, the team take great encouragement from your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to New Place.
Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is set on a 32 acre site. The setting is really lovely. The rooms are away from the main house but are well appointed. The bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was really nice buffet with plenty of choice. Had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rotobuck
Thank you for your great review of New Place I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope I can welcome you back soon.
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

What can I say, the staff were friendly and polite even the cleaners. If you want a good place to relax and unwind on a hot summers day this is the place. Well kept beautiful gardens. I arrived dropped my bags and headed for a nice cold drink in the bar. Thanks for opening the back door as there was a wedding party at the front taking pictures. Room was clean, compliments to the cleaning staff. Gym is small (make it bigger) but I managed to get on the rowing machine twice and had a short but good work out. Breakfast was good a nice buffet style help yourself counters and tea on demand, well we politely asked for a second pot. The dawn chorus was a wonderful way to wake up a lot different than the racing traffic noise of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the parking were quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Passenger_061
Thank you for your fantastic review, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our Venue at New Place. It is a lovely time of year with our garden coming back to life especially when the sun shines. I do hope I can welcome you back to New Place.
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

A very enjoyable stay. The lodge type rooms are a very good standard and we had an exceptionally good nights sleep (De Vere beds are the best!). The food was good. The pool was good. Excellent value for money. But above all what a magnificent setting! A stunning and huge Edward Lutyens designed house in extensive lawned grounds which even had its own cricket pitch!

Room Tip: Rooms 1-8 open onto a stunning view of house and grounds
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bantam_10
Dear Bantam_10
Thank you for your review on our Venue it is much appreciated, I am so pleased you enjoyed the setting and found your stay to be excellent value. I do hope I can welcome you back to New Place.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Nice setting, the accommodation was seperate from the main house but no problem as weather was clement. Dinner was very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was rather crowded but that was the only drawback. A thoroughly delightful weekend.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Ewan M
Thank you for your excellent feedback, I am very pleased that overall you had a great stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to New Place.
uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

we are staying here tonight and we booked this because of the pool - but just when we went to use it at 6.30 pm they closed it, saying its closed for maintence - well ok, but they give no opening time, and they could of warned us and said it was going be closed between 6 to when ever, and we would of gone there ealier. We only wanted to stay here for the pool - so my kids are pretty annoyed.
Rooms are dirty and could do with a paint
Safe is broken.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear tanya614
I am sorry that we had to close the pool and understand your child’s frustration. This was a situation that could not be advised in advance, we have a very robust system for checking water quality and safety, and when we tested at 5pm the chlorine level had risen to an unacceptable level. With a clear duty of care to our guests we had to close the pool until the levels had stabilised and it was safe to re-open the pool. We also had to carry out an investigation to see why the level of chlorine had risen to an unacceptable level. Unfortunately we could not say accurately when this problem could be fixed, and had to leave the pool closed overnight. I would like to assure all of our guest that your safety is always the priority in situations like this, and whilst I fully appreciate the frustrations, we have to ensure the procedures are followed and the pool can be re-opened safely.
I am pleased to note that you are returning this afternoon with your daughter for a swim, many thanks for your understanding.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirrell Heath
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,603 reviews

Been to New Place Hotel? Share your experiences!