New Place Hotel
US$176
US$87
US$90
US$84
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$92
PremierInn.com
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Travelocity
Red Lion Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
1,577 results
All reviewsthe main houseleisure facilitiesmanor housecoffee loungejacuzzi and saunalovely groundsde vere venuesreception staffwedding venuecourse dinnerbar menubed and breakfastbuffet styleone night stayfollowing morningshort breakbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Whilst working locally, I needed a hotel and booked here. The hotel is ideally located for Southampton, Portsmouth and the surrounding area.

The bedrooms I had was away from the main house in what the hotel describes as 'mews style'. The room was well laid out with desk and chair, double bed, en suite bathroom, tea/coffee making facility, iron and ironing board, safe, wardrobe, lamps etc that you would expect.

The room had plenty of plug sockets sensibly located near mirrors, bedside and near desk that you don't always find at other hotels!

The bed was comfortable, everything was clean, especially the bathroom. I arrived and left in the dark, but there is extensive grounds with walks, a croquet lawn and tennis courts plus an indoor swimming pool and gym, but I didn't see any of this so can't comment on any of it.

I dined in the bar (lone traveller in restaurant is often sole destroying!) and had a nice steak (cooked medium as requested) with chips and a selection of English cheeses for dessert. The food arrived quickly, was well presented and very tasty. Service was also attentive, especially as I was in the bar.

The room cost 40 pounds per night, which was very reasonable compared to other surrounding hotels.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review, and recommendation, I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed with my boyfriend; was a nice evening.. Its in the middle of no where though? .. We arrived, reception were helpful..but we did get lost to our room; he pointed up in the wrong direction. Then when we finally found it; the room was very dusty; dust and leaves on the carpet and telephone!! - no hair dryer in the room either. Apart from that it was very modern and stylish.. Id stay here again :)

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of De Vere Venue New Place, as a standard all of our rooms have hairdryers, I am sorry on this occasion this was not the case. I was pleased to note that you would return and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our company had a pleasure to book 3 days training here. What can I say - The venue met all our expectations and on many occasions exceeded them. Comfortable spacious Conference Room, plenty of breakout space (it always seems to be an issue at other venues!), tasty snacks, homemade food with plenty to choose from. All members of staff were polite and friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We really felt well looked after.

Hotel is locaged in a beautiful stately home with lots of original features preserved, hotel grounds are ample and well maintained. The only little downfall is that location of the venue is a bit rural and tricky to get to if you do not have a car. Taxi fare from central Southampton was about £30 one way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Irina
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your training event. I am so pleased we met your expectations. May I suggest if we have the pleasure of welcoming you back that trains run from Southampton central and Southampton Parkway to Botley train station which is only 5 mins from New Place. Which may be a better option.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here on 23rd and 24th January 2014. Was made to feel very welcome right from checking into the hotel. Nice comfortable rooms. Spent some time in the Spa. All the members of staff we engaged with were very friendly and polite. Breakfast is plentiful, well prepared and excellent quality. The main house is full of character with the oak panelled walls and large stone fireplaces. We booked with one of the De vere deals so incredibly good value for money. Will definatley return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are away from the main house in a chalet style layout. From what we could see any would be suitable as it is a peaceful setting.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review of your two day break at De Vere Venues New Place. Thank you so much for your recommendation it’s much appreciated I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Firstly i would just like to say, if your thinking of booking this hotel, do it!
What and amazing experience. Me and my boyfriend booked this on a very very very cheap deal, £20 to be exact! For this amount of money we werent expecting a lot, but on arrival we were pleasantly suprise.
The reception staff were lovely, and very accomodating. Upon opening our room door we were very shocked. The room was spacious, and was very modern. We have stayed in some beautiful hotels before, and this was in the exact same leauge.
Being gym fanatics we went straight down to the leisure and spa facilities. The gym and pool were empty which was perfect for us.
We booked in for dinner at the hotel and I have to say, it was one of the best meals i have ever eaten. The choice was fantastic, and pricing not too bad either. The surroundings were super!
We felt that this hotel has so much to offer, and would gladly return.
Its a short distance to Southampton or Portsmouth shopping, so a great day out on the Saturday!
I just wanted to compliment the staff on how welcoming they were to us!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllieHoliday

Dear Ellie
Thank you so much for your fantastic review and your recommendation. I am pleased you experienced a great deal and an experience to match. I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues New Place.