“Nice Rooms but stale Food”
Review of Lords Inn Somnath

Lords Inn Somnath
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Somnath
Shimla, India
“Nice Rooms but stale Food”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family and we were impressed by the warm welcome of the staff. The rooms are great and spacious. Everything there was great except the breakfast. The breakfast was served 20 minutes late than the said time. Also it was served cold and was stale. The food was like its being served to animals and when we demanded explanation, the receptionist told us that the staff might have forgotten to switch on the inductions. It is not possible as I myself saw the inductions and they were ON. Earlier we had lunch over there, which was good but the breakfast was like hell.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms on 3rd floor are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank saurabhbassi
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Lords Inn, Somnath!!!

We thank you for your appreciation for our spacious rooms & warm welcoming & also apolize for the breakfast issue. We will defiantly go through all details & take necessary action on the same & improve the same.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Lords’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back to us.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all courtesies & handle your next trip with extra care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

Ajay Pawar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Though located in Somnath, the hotel offers neither a sea view nor close proximity to the Temple. The breakfast spread was disappointing, all the more so since the restaurant's official breakfast timing itself starts late and the commencement of service was delayed half an hour beyond the official time, inconveniencing those wanting to leave early. The lunch spread, too, offered very limited variety. Service could have been better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RajeevP304
Dear Sir,

Namaskar From Lords Inn Somnath!!!

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. Sir, we want to just inform that we don't have any kind of sea facing rooms in our property. also we are approx 02 km away from main Shree Somnath Temple.

i will personally looking to your feed back which you given on break fast also make necessary changes in that.

Khajuraho
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very average. Wi-Fi is available only with buying a prepaid card. I bought this at Rs 550 for 24 hours but didn't work. Management said they will reimburse. Bathroom not very clean, not enough toiletries.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vaishali H
Dear Sir,

Namaskar from Lords Inn Somnath!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Lords Inn, Somnath as your preferred choice of hotels.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for taking time out to update us with your valuable comments thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Regarding the wifi internet packages we have started daily one hour complimentary wifi usage for all our guest. next time you visit please ask for your complimentary one hour coupon from the front desk.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Dirty reception and lazy unfriendly receptionists. No welcome just matter of fact cant be bothered attitude. Would never stay there again. Restaurant was not that great, average but the service was awful despite the only female waiting member who was a jewel and very helpful. All the men were disorganised and sliw to do anything you ask, it took three attempts to get a simple glass for my water!

Room Tip: Book another hotel, not this one
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank pAKL
Dear Sir,

Namaskar from Lords Inn Somnath!!

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit with us but let me reassure you that I have shared your comments with the concerned head of department and all corrective measures have been taken and systems put in place to ensure that such issues of similar nature do not reoccur.

With every good wish,

Ajay Pawar

Travellers are raving about these Somnath hotels

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We generally travel to Somnath / Veraval for business trip only and a group hotel is always good option. They have good rooms with nice furniture and good sleeping quality. Even we stayed here for family trip too.

Room Tip: Any A/C delux room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jalu1986
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Sir

Namaskar From Lords inn, Somnath!!!!

We thank you for your valuable comments and appreciation; we will be obliged to have you again as a guest in our property.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It's very nice to find such a modern, well maintained, good looking hotel at Somnath. It is right on the by-pass road, easy access coming from Diu. The main temple is only a short distance away.

Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Bathrooms are very well maintained and toiletries are good. I was happy to see a retractable clothes-line in the shower. It was very helpful on a long trip of many days across cities. Staff is extremely friendly, warm and very helpful regarding the local sights even apart from the main temple.

Restaurant is very good. All meals are very good and local cuisine is well prepared, so no need to look for other places to eat. Not too expensive either.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Namaskar From Lords inn, Somnath!!!!

It brings us immense pleasure to thank you for your kind gesture. We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, thank you for your compliments on the quality of the hotel and food & services of or "Blue Coriander" Restaurant & we look forward in welcoming you again..!!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Since this hotel is in a temple town, one should not be complaining. But the lack of cleanliness & hygiene is something one cannot let go off. The restaurant stinks and the tables and mats dont seem to be getting cleaned for days together. The food was below average. There is no provison for driver accomodation, something that a temple town has to plan for as most visitors are only one day visitors and they mostly come in by road transport. The rooms are decent but again the toilets are too small and not cleaned well. The exhaust system works in the reverse direction. If one has to put on the exhaust, fowl smell from the hotel vents make the toilet very unpleasent. The same unpleasent smell lingers in the room lobbies of the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KPS2001
At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Somnath.

At Lords Inn, Somnath, it is our constant Endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and facilities. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

We would like to inform you that we are already giving value added service like Driver accommodation facilities for 30 beds, homely made meal Lunch / Dinner ( with morning tea & breakfast without any cost. There is biggest fishing port in Veraval because of that every evening we are facing the fishing smell issue in all over Somnath..

We do hope you will recommend us to your other family members, friends & associates and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Lords Inn, Somnath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somnath
The Fern Residency Somnath
#4 of 5 in Somnath
Hotel Somnath Sagar
Hotel Somnath Sagar
#5 of 23 in Somnath

Been to Lords Inn Somnath? Share your experiences!