“Can't compare Lords Inn , Dwarka” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lords Inn Somnath

Lords Inn Somnath
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Somnath
“Can't compare Lords Inn , Dwarka”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

On our Gujarat trip we have stayed in Lords Inn hotels in Dwarka & Somnath , Lords Inn hotel in Somnath in not value for money , it smells all the time , lobbies are not air condition , even hotel staff said they are aware about this situation.
Next worst experience was with their restaurant , food was not good at all except breakfast.

In Rooms AC is not fitted at the right location , it is just meant for bed , if you want to sit near to window then you won't feel that you are staying in an AC room.

I hope these people will take this feedback in positive way & will improve , I have excellent feedback for Lord Inn , Dwarka hotel.

Thanks,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Vivek G
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Namaskar from Lords Inn Somnath!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Lords Inn, Somnath as your preferred choice of hotels.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for taking time out to update us with your valuable comments thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit with us but let me reassure you that I have shared your comments with the concerned head of department and all corrective measures have been taken and systems put in place to ensure that such issues of similar nature do not reoccur.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Lords’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back to us.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all courtesies & handle your next trip with extra care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

With every good wish,

Ajay Pawar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lords inn is badly maintained hotel , typically found in any pilgrim destination. The staff do make some efforts to make things comfortable but not enough considering the room tariff. Breakfast is a disaster and please do not ever ask for a Dosa. It is anything but that. Have your food at Sukhsagar, opposite this hotel. The food is not great there but atleast, will not punch a hole in your pocket.

Room Tip: Pray to Lord Somnath.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kksquare
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Namaskar from Lords Inn Somnath!!

With every good wish,

Ajay Pawar

Travellers are raving about these Somnath hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

we stayed at the hotel for 1 night and found the hotel quite functional for where it is .
i would have no complaints except the breakfast was a big letdown and started late especially when the management knows that most people have to leave early due to various poojas which need to be done early in the morning.
The staff was not organised in the restaurant in the morning and had to repeatedly request them to get things done.
Not their fault but Poor Inefficient Management.
Have been told of some other good places to stay so may opt for that next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable comments and appreciation.

I will personally looking to your feed back which you given on break fast also make necessary changes in that.

093756 42777
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

if you are considering visit the Somnath Temple, it is highly recommended that you go there in the late afternoon and experience the special evening Aarti. Somnath is nondescript and utterly uninteresting. However, the Temple is spectacularly situated on the edge of the Arabian sea and beautifully glowing in the soft golden lights in the late afternoon. The Lord's Inn offers an adequate level of comfort for an overnight stay. The rooms are spacious and clean. Bathroom is small, but the shower is very strong with plenty of hot water. Try to get a room on higher floor and away from the main road. The restaurant cooks good vegetarian curry dishes. Breakfast is very limited, primarily in Indian style. Black tea is excellent. Service is fast and efficient. Hotel gives a one hour complimentary internet access for one device, but the internet was not working while we were there.  It is a popular place for business travelers and Indian families with noisy kids. Recommended if you happen to visit the Somnath Temple and need a place to stay overnight

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 13 April 2014

Namaskar From Lords Inn Somnath!!!

We thank you for your valuable comments and appreciation, regarding your valuable suggestion we will be definitely taking care

Regards

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in this hotel. The suit room (202) is very spacious and we got it in good price (Rs 3900 including tax for double occupancy). The hotel is good but having lot of fish smell in evening. People working on reception and restaurant is well behaved. They need to improve the cleanness in the restaurant. Closed to Somnath temple easy to go in morning.
Thanks
Anoop

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Staying at this hotel was a very pleasant experience. The reception desk staff were helpful and courteous. Food was great and the room was tidy and well arranged. Good service and the location was okay, about a kilometer and half from the Jyotirling Temple but I did enjoy the late afternoon walk to the temple. Will be my place of stay if I am in Somnath again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Namaskar From Lords Inn Somnath!!!

We thank you for your valuable comments and appreciation; we will be obliged to have you again as a guest in our property.

Regards

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very good little far from the temple,rooms,toilets were big & clean food & service just OK receptionist were so rude inspite of our presence before 12 got our luggage evacuated from our rooms

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, 21 March 2014

( General Manager)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somnath
The Fern Residency Somnath
#6 of 22 in Somnath
The Fern Gir Forest Resort
The Fern Gir Forest Resort
#1 of 29 in Gir National Park

Been to Lords Inn Somnath? Share your experiences!