“Exotic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Kuttanad B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Exotic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

its an exotic place,,,,,,, great food,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, great ambiance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gentle and cooperative people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we had issues in all our trip expect this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we were on a complete South India Trip following the "Footprints",,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we read abt this village and landed in this beautiful resort,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we were bit shocked by the tariff but staying here is value for money infact more than that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, lot of activities here like cycling, early morning cruise or sunset cruise, ayur spa, visit to the Snake boat Display yard, the uniquein the world below sea level, visit to the 1600 years Roman Catholic church, vist to Ambalpua Temple and 10 th Centurn Buddha Sculpture called Karumadikuttan

Room Tip: Heritage Family Suites are the best.......... refabricated wooden house but they have only one and i...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
TrivenyRiverPalace, Manager at Triveny River Palace, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear Guest,

The Triveny River Palace strives to deliver customer experiences. Thank you for taking time out to share good feedback on your stay with us. Looking forward to serving you on your next visit.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have stayed at this place with my friends when we went on a holiday. We are welcomed pleasantly on arrival, the reception was excellent. The location is ideal for accessing many local tourist attractions. Excellent traditional accommodation with a character of its own to stay in a beautiful location. The rooms are spacious and clean and well appointed with friendly, helpful staff. The bed and bedding was comfortable and generally maintained at a very good standard. The food is of very good quality with a variety of meals to suit everyone. For anyone wanting a peaceful and relaxing break, with the option of doing as many activities as you want, I fully recommend a stay at this hotel. Will look forward to going back again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daniel W
TrivenyRiverPalace, Manager at Triveny River Palace, responded to this review, 9 February 2013

mysore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Well, there it was the most awaited vacation, a break free from my work and the time of the year children gets a break to wait for santa’s gifts. So I decided to choose an exotic location to soothe my senses and have a slacken time with my family. Planning the trip required little effort as I wanted my kids to have a good time too, I didn’t want them to get bored. So we decided to come to the land of spices, rice, backwater and greenery. It was the perfect choice as we could get rid of our routine city life and children would get to experience something more natural and new. So I looked for a place to stay on the internet and I came across ‘Triveny River Palace’, I cannot be easily convinced just with a couple of pictures, but the pictures of river and lush green space attracted me and I decided to give it a try.
We reached there a day before Christmas and I was marveled. It was absolutely beautiful, the lush green space with exotic flowers and the famous coconut and mango trees rested peacefully under the sky and the heritage building with traditional architecture faced the calm river, the very sight of it pleased my senses. We were welcomed warmly by a polite set of staff, who were at our service whenever we needed all throughout our stay. It was more like a home stay in a traditional home with wooden architecture and the basic white paint, but the rooms were well equipped with modern amenities which balanced the requirement of technology and natural space. We stuck to the local cuisine like rice and fish which was freshly served and let our taste buds blend and enjoy every ingredient of the delicious dishes. Next day, while my wife enjoyed a leisure massage at the spa I played water volley ball with kids and relaxed in the pool. The evenings were calm to walk around, as the sun sets we got to see the fishermen rowing back home and house boats resting while the slow breeze let us soothe our minds. We experienced nature at its best and the next day before we left with the help of travel desk we went for sightseeing and had a glimpse of the small town. In short it was a wonderful experience, I would love to come back and I certainly would like to suggest this place to others who want to have leisure time. Give it a try..

Room Tip: Heritage Family Suite
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Excellent hide out for my Honey moon, my friends gifted me two nights stay in this resort, we got a warm welcom, and gave an upgrade to the river view room, got an oppertunity to have wonderful boating of two hours, visited the snake boat named champakalam chundan and tthe historic church near by, the boat man how ever managed to explain us even though he doesnt know english, the resort team arranged a candle light dinner for us in the bank of the river, it was lovely to be there in the lovely stared night, resort team is ready to help us in all the need, lijo was helpfull in selecting the local cuisines of the place, we enjoyed the food, overall it was great my friends gifted this wonderful place in this gods on country...

• Stayed December 2012

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Had a pleasant stay during my vacation over here & have to say the Location ,the property & the ambiance of this place was extravagant. Would definitely prefer to come along with my friends & more members of my family over here the next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Wow what a place.

Never expected this luxury at this part of the world. The rooms are spacious and were the best in all of our tour to Kerala. Food excellent and people serve here with a smile, so its extra tasty. Everybody here wears a smile. the river cruise right at the front of the hotel, was breathe taking and massaage facility also superb. neat and clean and has a lot of privicy. we were really got relaxed from our otherwise a hectic life. Perfect place to unwind. The only thing i regret is buying any artifact in memory of this wonderful place for the rest of my life.

i wish i could buy this place( well if the owners were allow)

P.S : donot forget the boat cruise

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katekathrine
TrivenyRiverPalace, Manager at Triveny River Palace, responded to this review, 5 February 2013

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

My second trip to India on business and one thing I did not wanna miss this time around is my visit to Kerala. I did some research on the travel packages and found this place offers good deal for stay, outing and we were even graced with a boat house in our package deal. The ambiance was top notch, food heavenly tough little spicy for my appetite [no complains from my wife, she is a total gourmet. The management was warm and responsive. They cater needs based on the individual liking. It was good to see the management having a broad idea of several cultures across the globe. When in Kerala one thing not to forget is the massages, having a massage done was refreshing. Had a special massage done every other day of my stay. I could go volumes about this place. Overall a big high five to this place and management. Eagerly waiting to come back here on my next trip.

Room Tip: The place in itself is surrounded by the beauty, any room would face to beautiful greenery. All you...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
TrivenyRiverPalace, Manager at Triveny River Palace, responded to this review, 4 February 2013

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuttanad
The World Backwaters
Kadavil Lakeshore Resort
Kadavil Lakeshore Resort
#24 of 66 in Alappuzha
Bamboo Lagoon Backwater Front Resort

Been to Triveny River Palace? Share your experiences!