My wife and I stayed in a tent here for one night in Apr'14. I would recommend Nameri Eco Camp.
Points to note:
1. Great location. Away from the hustle and bustle. Two hornbills visit the trees here every morning. I loved the location and greenery. There is a river flowing nearby (Kameng) - a ten minute walk away
2. The forest officers' cabin is a couple of minutes walk away. A morning jungle trek can be booked from here. This is a walking trek of the jungle, and I highly recommend this
3. Food is okay. You need to inform the restaurant in advance about lunch / dinner etc. We had a bad experience the day we were leaving when the restaurant said they could not give us lunch (or any food actually) since we had not told them we would not be having lunch there. While I appreciate the remote location, this also means that they should stock up. This also indicated that they were not willing to go an extra mile for guests
4. Acco is basic (tented acco). Don't expect luxury
Overall, I liked it here, and would have liked to stay another night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Idyllic forest village of Nameri Tiger Reserve.Birding ,Rafting and trekking in the core area of the tiger reserve. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Nameri Eco Camp Nameri National Park, Assam