“I don't know what I visited?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vagamon Lake

Vagamon Lake
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Vagamon
Chennai (Madras), India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I don't know what I visited?!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Better take a guide with you/do some EXTENSIVE research/ask someone who's been here before about this lake & other places of attraction. Because I'm dubious if I went to the "right" lake. We entered some private property whose name I forgot but it's on the left side of the road, there's a sign there reading "Hill" something and a road leading down. (collection fee Rs. 150 per head minus the driver) A rocky road (kind of scary but you can make the trip in your car) takes you to two "lakes" (which by the way are stunning), a garden and a suicide point. There are also cottages inside, I guess. I'm kind of a wuss so I was freaked out by the atmosphere inside, if felt like you were traveling into the jungle. We viewed the water & got out. But I regret not going ahead. :/

Vagamon in general definitely, definitely needs development/road signs and a freakin map to help the new tourists >.< Places are too spread out & confuse you easily.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank SpiderMonkey26

Chennai (Madras), India
457 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 517 helpful votes
“Green Meadows and Lake”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Vagamon is around 33 kms from Anavilasam via Marykulam. The whole way had steep valleys and gorges. Excellent route indeed ! We reached Vagamon Green Meadows around 11:30 PM. We spent around an hour there. There is a lake once you cross 3 meadows. If this is visited in August-September time frames, I think that would be best time to see real green meadows. This is something like 7th mile at Ootacamund; but, too many meadows.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Karthik R
Kochi (Cochin), India
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“LAKE IN VALLEY”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This lake is fabulous attraction of Vagamon. this type of valley and lake are very rear in Kerala . the mist and wind is the most attraction here . please take umbrella before you go to vagamon cos when it rains or not we can not expect . Ktdc must do something for Vagamon its only 60kmmfrom Thekkady wildlife sanctuary.

Visited January 2012