“A great place for family getaway!”

and 1 more site!
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jesmond
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Sorry it took so long to write this review which I had promised to the staffs of ranch to express our appreciation to them. We spent our Christmas holiday there for six days and five nights. That was a great experience for all of us, six families with kids and adults. We tried a lot of cool things there like snowmobiling, ice fishing and snowshoeing. The food was great and the staffs are so friendly. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Echo Valley Ranch & Spa

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The adventure I had at Echo Valley Ranch and Spa was a perfect wilderness get away. No shopping only fresh air, fantastic views comfortable cabins and scrumptious food. The staff who work there were excellent and knowledgeable. There are many activities to keep you occupied. Reading and relaxing in the lodge, horse back riding walking and fishing. Some of my best moments were with the 7 Border Collies who live there. The spa treatments were 100%.
I highly recommend a visit to the ranch.

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin. Very quiet and comfy
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Gillian L
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this very peaceful Ranch 2 nights in October and we have been extremely happy with our stay.

We found the hotel on the internet in the morning and called at short notice to see if they could accomodate us (some ranches are already closed in Oct). Sharon has veen very kind and had everything organised when we arrived just a few hours later.

We did 4 hours of horseback riding in the beautiful surroundings with Julie and Mark and were very well taken care of. If you are a beginner (like me) this is the right place to start! With such well behaved horses and professional guides it felt very easy!!

Food prepared by Jason and the staff is delicious and we were happy to share some of the meals with the very hospitable owners Norm and Nan who really make you feel at home and built an inspiring way of life.

You can tell everyone loves animals at the ranch!! The company of 6 clever Bordier Collie when you go hiking in the forest definitely reassures you that you won't come face to face with a bear.
Thank you all again and we will come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sebastien_Aline_W
Reviewed 5 November 2013

With its beautiful views and peaceful surroundings, echo valley ranch is home away from home. The expansive facilities and sprawling grounds give you hours of relaxation, and the staff, well they are what truly take this ranch over the top. Each and every one of the staff you meet greets you with such warm hospitality, and ensure all of your needs are met. The meals were absolutely fabulous, the accommodations clean, cozy and inviting. If you’re looking for a place to truly get away from it all, experience peace and tranquility, and really enjoy the rustic outdoors (from the comfort of a luxurious cabin) check this place out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I went to Echo Valley over Thanksgiving and it was a great weekend that I will remember for years to come. The ranch is situated in a stunning settings, great for city people like me to slow down and simply enjoy nature. You can be as active or as lazy as you want. I went on a horseback ride one morning which was well-guided and fun, even though I only ride every couple of years; relaxed with a book on the patio and enjoyed the company of our hosts and the other guests. The food was amazing, particularly the Thanksgiving dinner was delicious.
If you have the chance to fly into Echo Valley like I did, take it, a real treat and and amazing experience! It is not part of the regular experience though. Thank you, Nan, Norm and the Echo Valley Team for making me feel so welcome and a wonderful stay at Echo Valley Ranch!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in Premium Room which was huge and had a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I had an absolutely incredible stay at the Ranch during our honeymoon! Every last moment spent there was superb - from the super fun horseback ride in the hills around the property, to the seemingly never-ending thai massage, even the pool game in the games room with staff after dinner was awesome! The food - my goodness the food. Chef Jason cooks up dynamite breakfasts, lunches and dinners on a world class scale, showcasing the best that BC has to offer. Owners Norm and Nan are incredibly hospitable and detail oriented - this is the getaway that you have always wanted!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Spent 4 fantastic days at Echo Valley last year with my husband and this September I returned with my parents and siblings. We could not have been any happier after 3 wonderful days of fishing, gold panning, thai yoga, border collies, cats, horses, massages, pedicures, hiking, biking, hot tubbing, drinking excellent wine and eating the fantastic meals that their incredibly talented chef Jason prepares.
What a magical place and all of the staff make you feel comfortable, pampered and at home. Big kudos to Darrell for taking my Dad on the gold panning trip that left him grinning from ear to ear. Extra big thank you to the Echo Valley host Allan who welcomes you like an old friend and insures that every moment is a special one.
Looking forward to my next visit

Room Tip: there are several separate lodges and cabins to choose from if your group wants additional privacy o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jesmond
Cariboo Lodge Resort
#11 of 43 in Golden
Indian Point Resort
Indian Point Resort
#1 of 5 in Chase

Been to Echo Valley Ranch & Spa? Share your experiences!