We stayed at Echo Valley for 3 nights and the ranch is In a beautiful location in the middle of no where! The lodge is very homely and comfortable and the staff are so friendly! We Loved all of the animals, especially the dogs and the horses. What a wonderful life the animals have, so well cared for and loved with absolute freedom. We thoroughly enjoyed the riding and the wranglers were fab and great fun especially Emily-Anne!
Champagne on arrival was also a nice touch :)
It was very hot during our stay, and the rooms become very hot so it can be difficult to sleep.
For breakfast and lunch there is a great selection of food prepared by Chef Jason, but worth noting there's no option for dinner. When we arrived we did ask if there would be options and we were advised that just one meal is made and everyone has the same, however your unaware of what's for dinner until you sit down to eat. We found this a problem one night when salmon was served, unfortunately 3 out of 4 of us don't like salmon so therefore we went without and just had rice and lettuce!! We didn't get the feeling it was ok to ask for something else from what we were advised on arrival.
We did have such a lovely time and would recommend echo valley for sure but did feel that for how much we paid to stay here we shouldn't have had to go without dinner for a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort