Review Highlights
Good Food Servide in Lovely Location

Reviewed 1 week ago
Donsafe
Canterbury, United Kingdom
1night spa deal with my daughters.

Reviewed 1 October 2018
Suzi308
Gillingham, United Kingdom

All reviews breakfast and lunch eastwell manor treatment rooms steam and sauna treatment area my sister staff were lovely my friend from start to finish full body massage relaxation room my birthday whole experience beds barbara facilities therapist
Reviewed 3 days ago

Spa stay was spoilt by inadequate service, pool area run down, ran out if robes, certainly not worth its rating needs to improve. Feel they are trading on the Campneys name but not delivering quality or value for money.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This Champneys is an utter shambles. Do not come here, they haven’t got a clue what’s going on anywhere, they are very under staffed and just don’t care.

For what Champneys costs this is an absolute joke.
There were people complaint left right and centre. There are much better spas around.

1  Thank lexandra2016
Reviewed 1 week ago

The food was well cooked and the environment and decor are beautiful. This element of the hotel since being taken over by Champneys is certainly still very good. Staff are generally good and friendly with one or two small exceptions at the buffet counter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I had a spa day and I could not fault it. I had a massage by Isabelle, is was brilliant she worked on the areas that I mentioned. My partner also had a massage by Judit and again he said it was the best full body massage he'd ever had. The food at breakfast and lunch was really nice, such a good selection, even vegan options. Also Paul the manager made us feel very welcome we really enjoyed ourselves and would 100% go back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked a spa day for me and my partner for his birthday. It was a lovely relaxing day, the spa was very clean and has everything you need. The relaxation room was lovely we sat there for ages reading :)
We both had treatments which were great, however we both noticed that they were cut short by 5-10 mins (not a big deal really but also when you pay good money you expect the tmassage to last the full time)
Staff all very polite and helpful.
We also had a 3 course lunch which was really lovely!

I would highly reccomend this spa - relaxing and set in a beautiful location

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in the manor but used the spa facilities on all days including day of check out. The spa pool and facilities were one of the best I have ever been to and I didn't want to leave. The hydro therapy pool with its different jets of water some hard and vigouress and some light and uplifting. The steam room just right then the beds to relax on. I just wished I lived nearer. Thank you so much definately come back and hopefully soon

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Eastwell Manor is a very nice hotel, the restaurant is superb the food here is excellent. The hotel staff are polite and very helpful.however the spa needs attention, the jacuzzi was broken, and did not work properly, one of the water jets were not working either. I have been to other champneys and there is cleanser and toner for your use in the changing rooms. Here there is nothing. Only 1 hairdryer was working. I had a 50minute facial it cost £89. After confusion with the beauty therapist, 2 people booked in with the Christian name Sue. I was taken in 15 minuets late. I had only 35 minutes for my treatment. It was very rushed and the therapist did not stop talking to me.
I complained and they offered me a facial the next day. But as I was leaving that afternoon a £10 refund was offered.
I think this was unacceptable.
I stayed in room 611 the lavender mews. There was hair and an empty shower gel in the shower cubicle. Also tea stains and pink lipstick marks on the cups.
You have to walk to Manor house for breakfast and dinner. Although not far you’ll need a coat. Also a walk to spa , luckerly we had nice weather, but if it rained you would need shoes and a Coat to get there. Defeats the object of relaxing in your dressing gown. You’ll need a raincoat and an umbrella.
We had a Beautiful walk around the golf course and the grounds here are beautiful.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This wasn't awful but by no means one of the best spas I have visited. I had booked a dry flotation treatment and only found out when I went to my appointment that it wasn't working. It would have been helpful to have been informed earlier / test equipment at the beginning of the day. Normally high end spas would offer something for the disappointment / by means of an apology eg complimentary glass of sparkling with lunch. I then spent a long time trying to find out how to get this treatment refunded to my card which was not great.

The bread for breakfast items was stale (bagels with the smoked salmon and bread with avocado). Coffee had also run out. Again little things but not what you expect from a high end spa.

Lunch service was incredibly slow with items forgotten and lots of prompting required, quite frustrating as my friend almost missed her cab. 1hr 30 with prompting is absurd.

Checkout also slow with no one at the desk and me having to track staff down. Quite disappointing as I love going to spas and was hoping to make this my local but will just continue travelling a bit further for that perfect spa experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This Spa is top notch, very friendly efficient staff at reception, in the treatment rooms and in the restaurant, very relaxing in the spa with lovely beds to lounge on. Would recommend a visit here.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I went to Eastwell Manor for the weekend. This is my third time... the hotel and the spa are just the perfect retreat for me... beautiful setting, beautiful rooms (especially the luke rooms), courteous and friendly staff and a fabulous ambience.
I had a hot poultice massage booked and was informed that I had a man doing the massage. I was apprehensive but I should never have been. Daniel was my therapist and he was kind gentle and was an amazing masseuse. I have had many massages in my time and I can honestly say that Daniel gave me the best massage i have experienced. If anyone is in the same situation as me and anxiously anticipating a man doing your massage then I would say don’t be. I would also recommend that if you were heading to Champneys at Eastwell Manor... ask for Daniel to do your massage and the hot poultice massage. The hot poultice massage is 80 minutes which in my experience allows you fully to get totally relaxed and pampered. Enjoy and thank you Daniel.