1,736 results
All reviews afternoon tea the cottages the main house main restaurant spa facilities beautiful grounds special occasion outdoor pool my mum lovely setting evening meal birthday treat changing rooms four poster bed set menu steam room log fire
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a spa break. Had a room in the main hotel which was truly beautiful. It was a suite ,huge in size. Lovely bathroom and actually somewhere I could
Have stayed all weekend without leaving - apart from going to the spa. Views and surroundings are lovely
We have also stayed in the news rooms which are smaller and like traditional hotel rooms. The ground floor have a little patio Area all are nice but obviously staying in the main hotel is better - but more expensive. Spa is great. Really good for relaxing and fab treatments
The only thing to improve on is the menu. Choice for vegetarians and Vegans. Very limited and no fancy deserts - just ice cream

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DarrenS2949, Front Office Manager at Eastwell Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear guest
thank you for your excellent feedback and can I say that it is nice to know that you are a customer who has stayed at Eastwell Manor over a number of years in different accommodation and how gratifying it us to know that you recommend our accommodation and facilities to other readers. Our menu is reviewed monthly and so customers will see variations depending on seasonality but we graciously note your comment.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I decided to surprise my wife and book afternoon tea for her 65th birthday at Eastwell Manor hotel and Spa facility. The choices of different types of afternoon tea were second to none and we both enjoyed the experience very much, highly recommended. Thank you

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bchappell

Please accept my belated birthday wishes to your wife on her special 65th birthday. Thank you for choosing to spend to celebrate at Eastwell Manor by Champneys.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a spa break with my friend, what a truly exceptional break we have had. When we arrived to check in we where greeted by John the General Manager who could not be more helpful and professional. After check in John showed us around the hotel and spa and nothing was too much trouble. The spa is now a Champneys spa and it was amazing, all the staff especially the Spa Operations Manager and Evelyn were so happy and welcoming and go out of their way to ensure you have the best time ever. I would like to thank Abbie who gave me the most amazing Elemis facial, Abbie is so knowledgeable and friendly and puts you at ease. The food is exemplary, beautifully fresh and presented. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished news cottages and it was stunning. I cannot wait to return for another relaxing spa

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
DarrenS2949, Front Office Manager at Eastwell Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Debbie and Friend

how lovely to see you had such an exceptional time you had on your short break with us. I am so glad that you found the newly refurbished mews accommodation stunning and our food exemplary. I will ensure that John, Evelyn and Abbie are made aware that you singled them out for extra special praise.
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your opinions and we look forward to seeing you again for a spa break very soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my mum, we had booked 2 nights with secret escapes. Dinner bed and breakfast with a bottle of wine at dinner.

We arrived at the hotel and joined a queue to check in. Check in once we were seated at a desk was quite smooth, didn’t take too long. We had been booked into a mews cottage room so we then took the car round and parked there.

Room- Nicely decorated room, good size, good bathroom. There isn’t any air con in the room.
Tea and coffee selection average and we were given two dirty cups. One of which had a chip in. The room phone did not work, tried to ring to ask to replace cups with my mobile and spent over 10 minutes trying to get through to reception in which I was then cut off. Mum left room and managed to find a member of staff outside to replace cups. The bed is ok, could be better but not the worst I’ve slept in. Room service is not available at this hotel, disappointing.

Spa- It’s poor. Champneys are still living off their name, however from why I have researched over the past few days, it is in a downward spiral of complaints.
First evening we went to collect our robes (I do not understand why these are not provided ready for you in your room) and were told that they didn’t have any and that they would have some in roughly one hour- well that was then no good for us as then we would soon be getting ready for dinner.
Second day, we went to use the spa. Again told no robes but luckily this time round, a member of staff came running with some more that had clearly just finished being dried.
Entering the pool area there were no beds available and nowhere to sit either. How is this possible and allowed to happen! There is clearly also an overbooking of spa days, which then isn’t fair also on the guests who have booked to stay overnight. Plenty of other people were complaining about the lack of somewhere to relax. A member of staff went around to the beds with towels that had been left there with courtesy cards. However what I did notice was that two teenage girls were taking up a double bed each and I feel the hotel should have approached them and addressed it, considering that there were pregnant guests that couldn’t sit down. My mum and I shared a chair.
The sauna was also out of use. Wouldn’t say there was anything about the spa that wowed me or would give me a reason to return. They could benefit from looking at their spa competitors such as Pennyhill Park, Rowhill grange, Alexander house, Coworth Park etc to gain some ideas.

Breakfast- poor. Considering it’s a spa hotel, the food on offer is not healthy and is of a poor standard. You are entitled to a continental breakfast which literally just contained pastries (unhealthy), poor cheese and ham, average fruit and stale cereals. No eggs, nothing remotely healthy to eat.
If you want something hot/cooked then you have to pay extra. Is that a joke? This is an English hotel and you should be able to have a cooked breakfast or cooked items provided in the package you have paid for. I didn’t even bother because I could see on previous reviews that anything cooked takes a long time to reach the table.
Don’t expect to have your hot drinks provided in a decent time either, we had finished our average breakfast before they had even arrived, that was before even being given a cup to drink out of.
Again, lack of staff and I feel sorry for the staff for how much pressure they seem to be under.

Spa restaurant- poor. Were told that because we hadn’t pre booked a lunch that we couldn’t eat there and that we could only have a drink. That is unacceptable, especially for those who have paid to stay. There was a sense of not enough staff, panic, in need of extra hands etc in the restaurant. We were shown to a table and the lady returned 5 minutes later and said ‘which coffees would you like’ to which I had responded that we do not drink coffee and would actually like to see a menu, which we had not been given. She then went off and returned with a menu... and never returned. We sat and waited 25 minutes being ignored, no member of staff attending to us even though they could see we didn’t have anything, staff walking to tables either side of us (those on spa day deals) taking their orders but just ignoring us. We got up and left and that’s when we got changed and went down to reception to voice our complaint, mainly about the spa.

We spoke to James the duty manager and he wrote notes on our complaints and took us through to the bar area and gave us a complimentary lunch as he felt the service was also unacceptable.

Dinner- The evening meal in The Manor House was of good standard and tasty. It is a shame that the majority of items on the menu come at a surcharge, why?? £6 extra for duck £4 extra for lamb, leaving not many items left on the menu that do not come as an extra. I can understand steak being an extra but not the others.
Staff great, wine good.

I feel the staff work hard but there is an aura of that they are down with receiving complaints, there isn’t enough people working to balance out the stress and that everything is a rush.

Checkout- quick, had to correct the bill but not a problem. Funnily enough wasn’t given a ‘we hope you have enjoyed your stay, please do consider staying with us again’ speech. They must know there are things that need changing.

Overall I am disappointed and even feel for what we paid it wasn’t worth the money and that was on an offer.
I would advise people to read the reviews and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank GeorgieSmith
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Thank you to Darren and the fantastic team at Eastwell Manor for a wonderfully relaxing spa break with my daughters. Eastwell has been our favourite hotel for many years and once again we had a great stay. The refurbishment is lovely and our cottage rooms were comfortable and decorated to a high standard. The restaurant served good quality food and the atmosphere was as friendly as ever! Thank you for a fantastic few days. Margaret Bowyer

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Thank MargaretandGeor... B
DarrenS2949, Front Office Manager at Eastwell Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Margaret
thank you for your glowing feedback regarding your recent spa break with you daughters. I am glad to know that you are in favour of the refurbishments that we have made to date and of the changes that Champneys have introduced to our services since taking over 12 months ago. Long may we remain your favourite hotel of destination and we look forward to seeing you return again very soon.