“Home from Home”

The Elms
The Elms
Ranked #2 of 4 East Harling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here overnight. We received a very warm welcome from Phil and given tea and coffee on arrival. The room was spotless and beds were so comfy. Such a beautiful house. We were served a most delicious full English breakfast cooked by Dot. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Phil and Dot were so friendly and made us feel very welcome. Thank you for a lovely experience. Would highly recommend. It would get a +5* rating from me :-D

Room Tip: My friend and I had the twin room but all the rooms were absolutely lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank freckleface0312

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Mum and I stayed at this lovely homely bed and breakfast on 19/04/14. From the moment we pulled into the drive I knew that we were going to enjoy our overnight stay. Phil and Dot were really friendly and welcomed us as if we were family but with a 'professional' edge. Offering us a cuppa before we got to our room which was great. When Phil showed us to our room (the twin) it was lovely, all clean and white with some lovely home from home touches and dual aspect windows which made it light and airy. The ensuite was small but it was totally functional for what an ensuite should be, the shower was amazing, really powerful and there was plenty of scalding hot water, at all times. Despite being near to a road it was quiet and we slept like logs. In the morning breakfast was served in the lounge/dining room, again feeling really 'homely', a range of cereals, fruit and yoghurts.......and of course the 'full' english. There was no rushing from Dot for us to pay the bill, and indeed I had the car packed before Mum settled up. I was really impressed to find this 'jewel' of a B&B in a sleepy little village. 10/10 for Phil and Dot at The Elms

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3, Dual aspect windows really bright and airy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Would highly recommend this BnB, it is very clean and comfortable, especially the bed was so comfy! The cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious and we could pretty much have whatever we wanted and it was no trouble. The owners are lovely friendly people and made us feel very welcome. Excellent stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful B& B. Had the single room and couldn't fault it. Everything was done to a very high standard. It was the second B & B I had stayed in that week, first in Kent, and there was no comparison, I found nothing to complain about only to praise. From the moment I arrived til I left I was made to feel at home, nothing was too much trouble for this fantastic couple. Look forward to staying there again soon,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The owners of this delightful B&B are charming and extremely welcoming, offering me tea and cake on arrival after a long drive, the use of the TV lounge and a lovely full English breakfast in the morning. I had a few extra needs and they did everything possible to accommodate me. The room was very comfortable and as well equipped as any larger hotel I've stayed in. I would say the most fitting phrase would be "extremely good value for money".

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Ideally located for Snetterton race track and easy to find. We received a very friendly welcome and were offered tea and cake which was just what we needed after our journey. We were able to relax in the comfortable lounge/TV room. The bedroom was very comfortable and clean as was the ensuit shower room. Breakfast was delicious. A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had a very pleasant stay in East Harling. The bed and breakfast is run by a lovely couple that make you feel right at home. Very clean, safe and offer a great breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this bnb.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sunset House
Sunset House
#1 of 4 in East Harling
Field Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Elms? Share your experiences!