“Well presented”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Scenic Roots

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MR_NASA
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Owner needs to be honest about amenities.”
Reviewed 8 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Stayed here for 3 nights in August. The property has recently been refurbished but I feel a bit cheated as the house was not as advertised. Firstly there is only 1 bathroom, not 2 as advertised. We would not have chosen this property if I'd have known there was only 1 bathroom. It is also downstairs, past the kitchen, which makes it a long trek for the kids if they need the loo in the night. There is also no freezer even though it is advertised as having a fridge freezer. Good job I didn't buy ice-cream. The advertised workshop was locked and there was no key and the bike storage was an old coal shed that you'd be lucky to fit a bike in. The carpet on the stairs was poorly fitted. It was coming up on the landing, exposing the gripper rods - very dangerous. If you walked down the stairs without shoes on you could feel the sharp gripper rods in your heels. My children hurt their feet several times and in the end just kept their shoes on. This could be a great property if the owner fixed the carpet and was a bit more honest about the amenities. Surely it can't be that hard to count the bathrooms when there is only one!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
LondonDim...
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Helpful owner but amenities not as described”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

First the positive, the owner Owen was very helpful and rightfully proud of the renovation he had carried out at the property. Everywhere was clean and modern, it was a bonus having a tv in each bedroom as we had our grandchildren staying with us.
The negative is that the amenties are not as described - there is only one bathroom and that is on the ground floor (if I had known this I would not have booked the property). I would say Owen is new to the rental market as there were no instructions on how to use any of the amenties. No information on the local area which incidentally include a beautiful scenic walk/drive which is literally round the corner from the property. And no visitors book where you can record your impressions of your visit. Another point the stairs were quite steep and I would not recommend the property for slightly infirm people or children under 5.
I could list other small problems but maybe that would be over the top because despite what I have said we did enjoy our holiday - Caerphilly Castle is worth a visit!
Just describe what you have and you'll be okay!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing