“Almost 5/5”

Mercure Tunbridge Wells
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pembury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Billericay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in April to go to a party in a nearby village. Most of the complaints about hotel seem to relate to the restaurant but we didn't eat there so can't pass comment on that. It's nice that they have a pool though we didn't use that.
The room was perfectly fine, bed was comfy and all the amenities worked well.
Breakfast the next day was lovely with plenty of hot food and other choices and very tasty bacon! My husband has platinum status with Accor so we are able to get good deals on rooms throughout the group hotels and this was covered mainly with loyalty points. Perhaps this always helps us feel that we've had good value, but there is nothing that I can fault with this hotel, even if we'd paid full price. We would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris R, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear CruisingClarkes

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had to visit a relation in the nearby hospital. After travelling down from Yorkshire, Friday evening spent some time trying to locate a suitable hotel and found this one. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The overall price including breakfasts was comparable with lesser hotels. The staff were friendly and obviously enjoyed their work. Stayed two nights in a very comfortable room which was clean and well appointed. Food was tasty and well presented. Would recommend to anyone travelling to that area of Kent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rodger P

Thank you for your feedback of your experience and I was delighted that you were satisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner got married here on 22nd feb. Although there were a few issues, Jade our wedding organiser was absolutely brilliant!! The whole day ran so smoothly thanks to her. She's a credit to the hotel and I would advise anyone booking a wedding to go through her! Thanks Jade for a perfect day. Natalie & rochella

Stayed February 2014
Dear Natsiee

Thank you for your kind comment and thank you for your positive messages for Jade. I will of course be sharing this with her and I know how much she will appreciate it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently tried to arrange a group booking at this hotel for a wedding party. I was immediately told they couldn’t tell us how many rooms were available over the specific weekend and I should check the website to find out. The website only allows you to book a maximum of three room at one time so after going back to the hotel, we were told they couldn’t help us and we should try The George up the road. The attitude of the staff has been dismissive and unhelpful and we haven’t even booked a room. They clearly don't want our business. I would certainly give this hotel a wide berth – I can only image what the service is like when you actually stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Becky R
Dear Becky R

Please may I request that you email me directly with a contact telephone number so that I can personally understand what has occurred here. gm.mercuretunbridgewells@jupiterhotels.co.uk

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Pembury hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed for a wedding in Tunbridge Wells, adding the £10 taxi fare each way to the cost of room still less than anywhere similar in the town.
Excellent room/suite which was spotless and with very comfortable large bed. All the staff very friendly and helpful.
Spa was tiny - just a single room and all a bit strange as I opened door to find previous client still having brows plucked!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EnjoyTravell1ing
Dear EnjoyTravellIng

I was a pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Ideal base for wedding in TW. Yes agree that parted of the hotel need some sprucing up but understand that work in progress. Stayed in a very nice room which was spotless and lovely large bed. One constructive criticism - understand that if you book breakfast at check in it is same price as if you book room incl breakfast which from the web saw room £99 or £109 incl breakfast for 2 people. However as we not sure that we would be awake we paid on the day which was £27.90 - felt this a bit pricey for the breakfast on its own and hotel should be pointing out the incentive of a discounted breakfast price when checking in if guest say we play it by ear.

Best thing about the hotel were the staff - very helpful and cheerful. Special mention to Natasha on reception.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ineed2travelmor
Chris R, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Ayrejc

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells. Please be assured that I have taken on board your comments regarding breakfast pricing.
Thank you also for highlighting Natasha, I will certainly pass on your positive feedback, and I know that she will appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembury
The Spa Hotel
#1 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
The Royal Wells Hotel
The Royal Wells Hotel
#6 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Mercure Tunbridge Wells? Share your experiences!