“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Great food albeit pricey but perhaps expected given the location.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We went to this restaurant because of the good reviews we found here and weren't disappointed. We found the prices a little high, but the food was great and the service excellent.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

First of all I want to mention that any restaurant on that island would impress and motivate its visitors with the view or the boat trip you make to reach there etc etc. I believe that in such special places if you can have food and service above average it is good :)
Food was above average; esp the appetizers were very delicious. I recommend the local lake fish they serve which is marinated in lemon juice; it was very very delicious. Rest of the food; high quality for sure.
Wine was good.
Service was very good; staff was friendly.
Design is fine; makes you feel easy.
If I go there again, I would have dinner there. But if somebody else recommends another place on the island I would not insist and give it a try.

1  Thank karayazlik
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The view not withstanding, the food was every bit as good. We shared a risotto with red peppers that was divine. I have had a lot of risottos and this was really one of the best. The lake perch was OK, the Pike was better but the risotto was memorable. Despite being on the tourist list, this restaurant was very good with excellet service and views. One of the few restaurants with a view that was worth eating in! A great day on the Isola Pescatori.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We visited this restaurant whilst staying in Stresa having booked before we arrived, based on Tripadvisor reviews. However, it was the worst meal we had all holiday. The Vicoletto was FAR better - we ended up returning there. Casa Bella collected us from the shore but when we were dropped off, we (along with another couple) were left waiting at least 5 minutes, with no idea whether anyone even knew we were there. It became embarrassing and we were on the point of having to try and seek someone out. It then got worse. The man who finally arrived to greet us amazingly told us to go up the stairs and that we would find our table in the corner - incredible! We weren't even shown to our table or given menus. We had to find our own way there and guess which our table was. The waiter who then arrived could not understand why we had no menus. The food was very bland and - aside from the location and views - the place was quite lacking in any atmosphere or friendliness. I would not chose to return here if I ever revisited the Stresa area.

1  Thank AndrewPearson