Ok, where to start. First, full disclosure. We are regular visitors to The Byre and it is one of our favorite places to eat in The Lakes. Why? Let me count the ways:
1. A stunning location. They are close to the West Cumbrian Coast. You can sit inside or enjoy the amazing view of Black Combe and Corney Fell.
2. Atmosphere. The Byre feels extremely comfortable. There are couches next to a fire which are very comfortable and inviting. Or you can sit on one of the Farmhouse tables.
3. Fantastically helpful staff. Always ready to help you decide on a menu choices.
4. Seasonal menu. Local produce and heavily dependent on the various seasons.
5. Desserts. Wow. You can find typical English/Cumbrian traditions like Treacle pudding and locally made ice cream, but they also have some more exotic desserts on offer too.
6. Coffee. Very important for us and a good way to measure the quality of a restaurant. The Byre serve quality coffee and just as importantly they know how to serve it and have a wide range of coffee drinks.
7. Price. By far the best value dining to be found in The Lake District. Too many establishments in Cumbria offer mediocre food at inflated tourist prices. The Byre offer excellent food at very reasonable prices.
In summary, The Byre is worth a visit at any time but if you can combine your trip with some local sightseeing it would complete the experience.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.